The Park and Jihyo

Love Between Two (Part One of Three: Between Two Series)

[Hehehe Like my little pun there?😏]

 

BELLA 

The next day, we decided to go to the park, to get some fresh air. Since it was early in February, we'd be getting heaps of sunshine, well until winter of course. 

We grabbed all the food in the refrigerator and grabbed a few picnic blankets. Red grabbed her guitar, before we all walked to the park down the road. 

We found the perfect spot under a large oak tree, and set up our picnic there.

The park was extraordinarily beautiful in the daytime. A large duck pond, littered with ducks all shapes and colours. Colorful playgrounds bustling with enthusiastic children playing on them. Lush green grass, freshly mowed and of course, the bright sunshine. 

I went off on a walk by myself, leaving the girls to do their own things.

I found a bench near the pond, sitting on it and admiring the ducklings below. Strangely, I happened to spot two white swans nuzzling their beaks together, their necks making their iconic heart shape.

I sighed, wondering if love was really a thing in my vocabulary.

I closed my eyes, basking in the sunlight. The wind played with my hair, whispering silent compliments into my ears. I leaned back on my arms, my fingers sprawled out.

I felt at peace. 

Suddenly, something or someone brushed against my fingers, as they sat down next to me. My eyes shot open, as I looked at the person. My face went pale as I stiffened like a brick wall.

Jihyo. 

She smiled nervously, biting her lip as she placed both her hands on her lap, tucking strands of hair behind her ears. 

"H-hi." I said nervously. 

She gave me a small smile, looking out to the pond. 

"Why aren't you with the others?" I asked curiously, sitting up straight. 

"I just saw you walking by yourself, and thought you might want some company." She avoided eye contact with me, biting her lip. 

I nodded, focusing my attention back to the pond. Her eyes wandered over to the swans from earlier, their necks still bent in their heart shape. She sighed, closing her eyes. 

"Can I, ask you something?" She hesitantly said. I looked at her awkwardly, nodding my head rapidly. 

"H-have you ever liked someone, but you're scared they don't like you the same way?" Jihyo said, her chocolate brown eyes wandering over to mine. 

My once tense shoulders relaxed, as I looked softly upon her. 

"I can't say no-" I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly, as she cleared . 

"Just curious, who is this person? That you like, of course." I looked away, waiting for her response.

She smiled, shifting her body, "Bella, it's y-"

"Yo Bella!" A voice boomed from behind us.

Red. 

I swear, this girl is going to get a big punishment when she gets home. 

"Bella! Jihyo! Lunch is ready!" She said before smirking evilly, pointing between the two of us. 

 My eyes widened as Jihyo blushed, before we both awkwardly started walking towards the others. We avoided conversation the time we were walking, looking opposite ways. 

When we got there, we grabbed our plates of food, and ate. 

"Jihyo, w-who were you going to say earlier?" I asked curiously, taking a bite of my sandwich.

She shook her head, mumbling things to herself as she ate.

 

x-X-x