Step Two

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jinu]

 

I'm passing by the corridor leading to our King's chamber when i notice Suho, standing over the glass wall which is overlooking the busy streets below. I approach him.

 

"See something interesting?"

 

Suho turns and smiles. "Nope. Just admiring how peaceful the city is." The Blue King pauses. "I wonder how long it'll last."

 

What he said leads me into thinking. Shouldn't the people be panicking right now after learning the truth of the Gold King's disappearance? I'm about to say something as a reply when GD suddenly shows up, cutting me off.

 

"Sir, we have urgent news to report."

 

"What is it?"

 

"We found the place." GD says, catching my full attention. "The place where they might be keeping the Gold King."

 

•••••

 

[GD]

 

"We're all going." Seunghoon says with finality in his voice. "And that's final."

 

We're inside the King's Tower's Situation Room where we're currently discussing the Gold King's rescue mission. Among the people present are the Gold clansmen, the Hue City's Head, Yang Hyunsuk, Teddy Park, the Overall Head of the Sentinels, Tablo, the Overall Head of the Tower's security team and lastly, Psy, the Head Researcher who's in-charged of monitoring the WHEEL.

 

"But no one will be left here to guard the WHEEL." Head Yang Hyunsuk appeals.

 

I squirm inside. This is all part of his plan. He intends to divert the Gold clansmen's attention somewhere else while he and the FCA try to raid the tower. The Head just wants to look like he cares.

 

"I understand your concern but rescuing Seungyoon is our first priority as his clansmen." Jinwoo says.

 

"No." Tablo disagrees. "Your first priority as Gold clansmen is to guard the WHEEL."

 

"I'm sorry. Let me rephrase it in a sense you can all understand." Jinu woo stares at Tablo. "The Gold clansmen's job is to prioritize the people's safety. Rescuing Seungyoon first will guarantee that."

 

The others begin to nod.

 

"What if it's a trap?" Tablo insists. "I mean, come on. Am i the only one here thinking that it might be a false information?"

 

"Are you doubting GD's loyalty?" Teddy growls. "He's a sentinel. "He swore an oath. We swore an oath."

 

I bite my lower lip.

 

"I know that but—" Tablo is cut off by Yang Hyunsuk.

 

"Please, gentlemen. Let us all calm down." The Head fakes a frustrated sigh. "We're talking about a life here. Not just anyone's but the Gold King's. Can't we all agree about something for once?"

 

"I agree." Psy says. "We can no longer stabilize the WHEEL on our own. The Blue King's power is somehow keeping it at bay but not for much longer. We need the Gold King's help."

 

"Well, there's your answer." Mino leans back from his seat, crossing his arms. "We're going."

 

"And besides, GD and his team will be here." Jinwoo adds. "I'm sure they'll take care of things here while we're gone. I trust him."

 

The kind clansman smiles at me and I grimace. My conscience are starting to eat me inside and i really hate this feeling. What is wrong with me? I already made my decision.

 

"We'll do our best as the sentinels in-charged of guarding the WHEEL." I answer. "You can count on us."

 

I turn to the Head and he gives an approving smile. It looks like he liked my acting. Well, i didn't.

 

"Then, we will now finalize everything regarding the Gold King's rescue mission." Teddy shifts on his seat, turning to Jinwoo. "I'll send Jiwon and his ream to assist you and your team young master Jinwoo."

 

"The Sechskies?" Seunghoon asks. "That would be great. They're as dependable as the Bigbang guys. We could surely use their help."

 

"They're already on standby as we speak." Teddy smiles proudly.

 

Jinwoo nods once, acknowledging the man's effort. He then turns to look at Yang Hyunsuk.

 

"Sajangnim, i'll leave the rest to you."

 

"Of course." Head Yang Hyunsuk replies.

 

"And Tablo-ssi." Jinwoo turns to the young technician this time. "The tower's in total lock down until we return."

 

"Copy that, sir."

 

"Professor." Jinwoo calls Psy's attention. "Keep an eye on the WHEEL. I want you to help the Blue King as much as you can."

 

Professor Psy nods his response. Jinwoo smiles before standing up from his seat.

 

"Get ready." Jinwoo orders his fellow clansmen. "We'll leave tonight."

 

•••••

 

[Jisoo]

 

"Alright, be careful." I say, keeping the phone closely to my ear. "And call me as soon as you've rescued the Gold King. There are a lot of things i want to ask him."

 

I press the end button. That was my brother just now. He called me to say he's going with his team to rescue Seungyoon. It's a pretty big mission for them to carry. And don't forget about the fate of the human race. They're all riding on them.

 

"Are you done?" Hanbin is standing behind me with his arms crossed.

 

I roll my eyes. I decided to call him by his real name since he doesn't like it and i really enjoy how his mouth twitches every time i do it in front of his clansmen.

 

I've

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter