Truce

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[V]

I keep walking back and forth in front of the shop where our hideout is supposed to be located underground. Unlike before, the shop is in ruins, a clear sign that there had been a power struggle that took place inside. I sigh for the nth time. I hope the damage didn't reach the main room. This is the first place that popped up inside my head after Jisoo mentioned about the Colorless Clansmen's disappearance. Actually, this is the only place i could think of. All of us except for Suga lived at Tone City. We left our hometown after becoming a clansman.

RM became a King during his school field trip here at Hue City. He told us how a group of sentinels came to stop him from boarding his bus that day. He became a King without him knowing. Fortunately, Jin and J-hope stayed with him and became his clansmen later. They met Suga a few months later and recruited him into the group. Jungkook joined after Jin saw him in the streets. Jungkook told us that he sneaked into a truck from Tone City to come here at Hue City. Then, Jimin and I were the last ones to join. We came here at Hue City looking for a decent job but ended up being a Colorless clansman.

"What are you doing here?"

I flinch, turning around. I swallow when i see RM standing in front of me. He's carrying a bag of groceries in each hands.

"I—uh..." I stammer while trying to avoid making eye contact.

RM rolls his eyes before shoving me with his shoulders. He struggles as he tries to reach out behind his back pocket. He turns towards me, raising his eyebrows.

"Yah, are you just going to stand over there?"

I blink, realizing what he was meaning to say. "Ah, right!"

I hurriedy pick the other bag from RM as he reaches out to pick up his key from his back pocket. He unlocks the door, opening it. He heads inside and waits for me to get in.

"RM, is that you?" I hear Jin-hyung's voice coming from the inside.

I automatically stop on my tracks, hesitating. I don't know why but i suddenly feel guilty. What will they feel when they see me? Whether i admit it or not, i am scared. I'm not confident enough to face them again. Especially him.

"Taehyung?"

I jump and gape upon meeting the eyes of the last person i want to see right now. I can't seem to read Jimin's expression. I don't know if he's angry at me or disappointed for not getting in touch with them after the Tower's collapse.

"Hey." I try to smile but it comes out awkward.

I sigh, feeling defeated. Of course Jimin's still upset with me. He is both angry and disappointed for leaving the clan behind. I don't have much choice but to prepare myself for their protests but instead of yelling at me, my friends welcome me with open arms. Jimin even reaches out to give me a brotherly hug.

"You idiot." Jimin whispers. "Why did you show up just now?"

"We were worried, hyung." Jungkook also joins the hug.

"I'm sorry." I return their hug, feeling grateful.

"We thought something might've happened to you." Jimin lets go to face me. "We never heard from you."

I smile sheepishly before looking around. I notice Suga's absence. "Where's Suga?"

The others exchange knowing looks with each other. Hoseok-hyung is the the first one to break the silence by rubbing the back of his neck. "He left."

"What?" My eyes suddenly widen. "What do you mean he left?"

They purse their lips, not being able to say anything. That's when i realize Suga did something unexpectable.

"He betrayed you?" I ask, my eyes widening. "But that's impossible! Out from all of us, Suga's the least likely to betray."

Suga may be the worst person from out of us, personalitywise but if there's anyone who is more loyal than any of us here, it's Suga. He owes RM his life and promised to serve him til his last breath.

"He and RM had an argument the day before you arrived here." Jin-hyung tells me while trying to steal a glance at our King. "Although we don't exactly know what caused it, RM let him go without telling us anything."

I look over where RM is and he's just standing there, trying to ignore us while putting the groceries away.

I shift my gaze back to the others, swallowing. "Where is he now?"

They shift on their feet uncomfortably. J-hope looks away, rubbing the back of his neck. "With the Dark clansmen."

My eyes widen even more. "What?"

Jungkook scratches the bridge of his nose. "He left and joined the Dark clansmen." The boy repeats

"What the—" i pause, taken aback. "What the hell is he thinking?!"

I am about to leave when our King stops me.

"Leave it." RM brushes the idea of me storming out to find Suga. "He already made his decision."

"But—"

Jin suddenly grabs my shoulder, shaking his head. I grit my teeth, feeling frustrated. Realization suddenly hits me. What right do i have to get angry with Suga when i also did the same thing to them. I look over where RM is and can't help but feel guilty. He must feel so betrayed.

"I'm so sorry." I suddenly blurt out making everyone stiffen.

Our King pauses to look at me. He sighs, setting down the peanut butter jar. "V, do you even wonder why you can still use our COLOR?"

I frown. Now that he mentioned it, i noticed that i can still use my telekinesis. I'm still able to move things with my mind. Just the small and light things though. I'm still having trouble with the big stuff.

"It's your heart." RM continues, pointing at me. "It's not because you chose to leave us why your COLOR started to fade but because you started to doubt yourself. You doubted our bond that connects us."

I clench my jaw.

"Remember, we let you choose and decide but we didn't say you can cut ties with us." RM smiles sadly and i can't feel worse than i already am. "We're not just clansmen here, V. We're family."

I smile, feeling grateful.

"Aww~ how sweet." J-hope cooes, batting his eyelashes. "Now, can we go back to the part where V tells us why he came to find us again? I believe it's a more pressing matter at the moment."

"Right." I clear my throat. "I um— here to deliver a message from the Silver King."

Jin raises an eyebrow. "You're her errand boy now?"

"More like a love slave if you ask me." Jimin teases which made Jungkook snicker.

I glare at our maknae who immediately purses his lips.

"Ignore them." RM rolls his eyes. "Tell me what it is."

"She just wants help." I explain, resting my gaze at RM.

"A truce, you mean." Jin crosses his arms across his chest.

I nod. "They intend to destroy the WHEEL for good and Jisoo needs all the Kings' help."

Everyone falls into silence. They exchange confused looks with one another. RM starts to rub his chin, thinking deeply.

"Don't get me wrong." Jimin starts. "I mean, i don't want to sound rude but is that even possible?"

Jungkook nods, agreeing with Jimin.

"I know it may sound ridiculous but Jisoo already figured everything out." I reason. "We just have to trust her."

Everyone looks at RM who is still keeping his mouth shut, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Is it safe for us to assume that the other Kings already agreed to help her cause?" RM asks, looking at me.

"Well..." I bite my bottom lip. "The Red clansmen are still in the middle of convincing their King while the others are trying to reach out for the Green clansmen."

"What do you think?" RM exchanges looks with his right hand man, Jin.

Jin pauses to think. "I think it's not a bad idea."

RM smiles while i let out a sigh of relief.

"I mean, our alliance with YG is already broken." Jin shrugs. "I already have my doubts from the start that they wouldn't be able to keep the end of their bargain."

"Such a troll." J-hope agrees, nodding his head.

"Great!" I exclaim. "Then, i'll let them know you'd be joining us in our next strategic meeting."

•••••

[Jinyoung]

I swallow as i saw a group of clansmen heading towards us. There's the Gray clansmen's Taeyong and Doyoung. Sure, they became a clan in the later days but you can't change the fact they're one of the competent clansmen out there. Then, there's the brute force of the Red clansmen, Bobby. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter