The Eight King

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clansmen notice Jisoo's friends getting out from her room. They all look relieved. It can only mean one thing, Jisoo is finally awake. They all straigten, craning their heads in hopes of having a glimpse of the rumoured Silver King.

While Jisoo was still out cold, Jinwoo took it as an opportunity to fill them in with the details of Jisoo's current circumstances, including the history of the First Silver King. They were all surprised about it especially the Kings.

Among the people present there, Suho seems to be the only one who's really bothered about it. Maybe because he's still shaken about Seungyoon's death. He can't seem to grasp their current situation. He can still remember the Gold King's face before the Tower collapsed.

Now, he can finally understand what that smile stood for. It seemed like Seungyoon was telling him to take care of the rest. Suho unconsciously grits his teeth, feeling angry with himself.

"Hey." Xiumen shakes him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Suho answers, his face looking stern.

"How is she?" Taeyong asks Jennie as soon as they got out from Jisoo's room.

"She's awake now." Jennie tells him. "And she's fine so—"

B.I suddenly moves, heading for Jisoo's room. Jennie's eyes widen. She immediately blocks the Red King's way.

"Didn't you hear me? I said she's fine." Jennie stares at B.I, not backing down.

"I need to see it for myself." B.I pushes Jennie out, making the girl stumble.

If it wasn't for Taeyong, Jennie would've fallen already. The Grey King pulls Jennie behind him, taking a warning step towards the heated Red King. He's glaring at him, a clear sign that he wasn't happy about it.

"That wasn't nice." Taeyong grits.

"I'm not the one who started it." B.I grits back. "She tried to block my way."

"B.i." Jay, the Red clansmen's number two tries to pull his King away. "Just calm down. This isn't the right time."

"Get your hand off me or i swear i'm going to break it." B.i warns, making Jay let go.

"Aren't you going to do something about them?" Xiumen asks Suho who's just watching them from the sideline.

Suho blinks. He too seems to be out of himself. There are a lot of things going on inside his head. He tries to shake it off. He knows that it's his clan's duty to maintain the peace around them.

Suho is about to say something to warn the two Kings but the door leading to Jisoo's room suddenly opens, revealing the Gold clansmen's Jinwoo. Behind him is Jisoo who frowns upon seeing the crowd in front of her doorstep.

"What's going on?" Jinwoo asks, eyeing both B.i and Taeyong.

"Jisoo." B.I bumps Taeyong's shoulder on his way to Jisoo's side.

Jisoo smiles at him timidly making the Red King hesitate. B.I stops on his track. There's something about that smile that bothers him. Is it really the same Jisoo he saved back then?

•••••

[Jisoo]

I can see the hesitation on Hanbin's face. I swallow and look around to see the very same expressions plastered on the other's faces.

"Jisoo." Jennie runs to my side. "What are you doing? Shouldn't you be resting?"

'I'm fine Jennie-ah." I tell her. I bite the bottom of my lip before turning to the others.

To be honest, I don't know how to address the others about our current situation. I'm sure that by now, everyone knows of my connection to the Silver King. Hanbin's hesitation earlier proved that.

"So." The Gray King finally breaks the silence which i'm thankful for. "What are we going to do now?"

I suddenly got my resolution back, strengthening my resolve to get everything done with. I look at my brother and he gives me an encouraging smile.

"Everyone, listen up." I start. "I'm sure some of you here are wondering what the Gold King was trying to accomplish before by drawing out the King's sword."

"That's right." Suho speaks up. "There's no way the Gold King would sacrifice himself for nothing."

I nod. "I think—" I pause, shaking my head. "No. I'm sure of it."

"You're sure of what?" Hanbin raises an eyebrow.

"The Gold King was trying to destroy the WHEEL." I answer, making everyone gasp.

"What?" Some of the clansmen exclaim in unison.

"Jisoo-ah—" Taeyong grimaces.

"I know!" I shout and everyone has fallen into silence once again. "I know that it's absurd but what if i told you it's possible?"

"Possible? How?" Suho asks. "Yoon already tried and failed."

Upon hearing those statement, Jinwoo can't help but grimace. Their King just died and for a clansman like him, it must have been very difficult.

"Yes, he failed but just because he chose to do it alone." I say. "He took a gamble, hoping he wouldn't have to sacrifice the others."

"What do you mean by that?" Taeyong frowns, getting nervous.

I take a mouthful of breath before speaking once again. "When i was living as Kim Doyeong, Lee Soohyuk brought me to Yoo Inna."

"Yoo Inna, you meant that Researcher?" D.O suddenly speaks up, raising the question.

"Hold on." Baekhyun nudges his fellow clansman. "How did you know her? Who is she?"

"She's a famous Researcher." DK answers. "She was a member of the original team who discovered and studied the WHEEL. After the great explosion, she formed and led a research team on her own."

June blinked, scratching his head. "I don't get it."

"Then, just shut the up." Bobby says, making June frown.

"Language." Jay gives them a warning glare.

"She also happened to be YG's mother." D.O adds.

I nod, affirming. "That's where he got the information about the WHEEL. He stole his mother's research. He discovered how to use the WHEEL to create more clansmen."

"So?" Hanbin asks. "What does that have to do with what you were talking about earlier?"

I swallow. "What YG doesn't know is that Inna and i—" I pause. "I mean, Inna and Doyeong also conducted their own research." I pause to take a breath. "And they found something."

"Don't tell me—" Suho's eyes widen.

"Yes. They discovered a way on how to destroy the WHEEL." I pause once again to look at each and everyone of them. "For good."

"How?" Suho asked.

I bite my bottom lip before looking at my brother. He looks puzzled at first but soon realizes what i'm meaning to say. He widens his eyes.

"Jisoo-ah." Jinwoo pauses, stopping himself from making any scene.

Hanbin frowns. "What's going on?"

Hanbin's frown only deepens when he didn't receive any answer. I can see the fear on the Red King's eyes. He stared at my brother before resting his blazing eyes on me. I look away and that might've given me away since his voice suddenly rose up.

"Kim Jisoo, i swear if you try to do anything foolish, i'm gonna beat the crap out of you."

Jinwoo closes his eyes, sighing. "No one's going to beat anyone."

"And it's not what you're thinking Hanbin-ah." I add. "I'm not going to do the same thing as Yoon did."

"Then what is it?" Hanbin crosses his arms against his chest.

"There is one other thing a Silver King can do that the others can't." I start. "Somehow, i can manipulate the WHEEL but only to some extent."

"Is that the reason why YG was after you?" Lee Taeyong asks.

I nod.

"When you said you can manipulate the WHEEL to some extent, can you elaborate it more?" Suho asks.

"Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter