The Captive King

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[RM]

"Ow!" I hear Jungkook yelp. "That hurt!"

"If you stopped squirming, it wouldn't hurt that much." Jin scold. "Now, hold still."

I close my eyes before slumping myself against the wall. My clansmen and i have just gotten back from fighting the Gold King. YG had given us the order to capture the Gold King. He said he needed him in the future, a future where we already got our hands on the WHEEL. Maybe, the reason for the Gold King's capture has something to do with his role he mentioned to us back when we were summoned to the King's Tower years ago.

"You okay?" J-hope asks. Just like me, he also has bruises and scratches all over his body. "Mind if i join you?"

I shake my head. J-hope sits down. We both fall into silence. Weariness, evident on our faces. We can still hear Jungkook's cries of protests while Suga is treating his own injuries from the other side of the room.

We received some pretty heavy damage just for restraining the Gold King. It's a good thing he didn't know of our COLOR that we were able to capture him successfully without having to receive permanent damage on our side.

The Gold King was caught off guard when we used our telekinesis to subdue him. He fought hard at first but because of our overwhelming numbers and persistence that we finally able to capture him.

"." J-hope suddenly curses. "That guy's a monster. I can't believe he fought us together at the same time."

I laugh. "How's Jimin by the way?"

Among us, Jimin took the heaviest damage. Aside from his bruises, his right arm is also broken. Teahyung brought him to the hospital to have it plastered.

"He's fine." J-hope assures me. "Taehyung's with him."

I purse my lips. I can't believe i almost got my clansmen killed. I clench my jaw, hating myself. J-hope notices it and tries to comfort me by patting my shoulder.

"It's not your fault." He tells me. "Everyone agreed to do this, Jimin especially. He has the biggest reason for doing this."

"I know." I sag. "But as your King, you are still my responsibility."

J-hope squeezes my shoulder. "Namjoon-ah, don't carry all the burdens to yourself. Sometimes it is okay to share some of your loads to your friends. Remember, we're not just your clansmen. We're also your friends."

I smile, feeling grateful. "Thanks horsie. That really helped."

"Yah! Who are you calling horsie?"

I laugh but it immediately dies down when i remember something. "Where is he now anyway? Where are they keeping him?"

J-hope tilts his head upward and sighs tiredly. "I don't know. The sentinels who are working under YG took him from us."

I frown. I know i shouldn't doubt YG's motives. We've already come this far to the point of no turning back. I don't know but there's something about YG that doesn't set well with me. I think there's something else he's trying to hide from us.

"I know that look." J-hope narrows his eyes at me. "You still don't trust them."

I smirk. "I trust their plan but not their motives. YG is one of those people you can't read, making him a very dangerous man."

"Do you want me to spy on them?"

I shake my head. "No need. I'm already aware of their plan. Now, that step one has finally been fulfilled, we will now proceed to the next step."

"Next step?" J-hope scratches his head. "And that would be?"

"Taking over the King's Tower."

•••••

YG is walking along the dark hallway towards the underground dungeon with his loyal sentinel following behind him. He's carrying a torch to light his way. He pauses and smiles when he finally sees a small light coming from the end of the hallway.

YG continues to walk and finally arrives inside the cold, wet and dark place. He gives the torch to the sentinel and the latter takes it, lighting the rest of the torches inside the dungeon. YG stops in front of a particular cell.

"How do you like your new accommodations, my King?" YG asks, grimacing. "Aren't you cold? This is Dye City afterall, a city surrounded by snowscapes."

Forget the part where YG chose to betray his own master. During his eleven years of service as the Gold King's advisor, YG came to like and care for the young King. He respected him and treated him like he was his own son.

"Forgive us for the shackles." YG adds. "We have to make sure you won't be able to escape."

The sound of the clanking metals is heard. Yoon is slumped against the cold wall of his cell, his head low. Around his wrists and ankles are shackles made out of black stones. Yoon raises his head. His hair is disheveled and his suit, dirty and crumpled. They are signs of his recent battle against the Colorless clansmen.

"You, traitor." Yoon spits out blood from his mouth. "It's very clever of you to use an anti-color chain to restrain me, preventing me from using my COLOR." Yoon smirks. "Black tourmaline, is it? Where did you get them anyway?"

"It's funny you ask that." YG is the one smirking now. "Didn't your late master tell you where to find them? Afterall, it's the same material used to contain the WHEEL's power."

Yoon's smirk disappears.

YG continues. "You think you're the only one who knows about the WHEEL's secrets?"

"How—" Yoon frowns.

"I read them." YG answers. "Those research papers your late master thought were gone, i still have them."

"Lies." Yoon glares. "That's impossible. There's no way those papers still exist."

"But they do." YG insists. "My mother saved them before the lab could've exploded."

Yoon purses his lips. He can't really deny the possibility that those research papers may still exist. YG would never go this far if he didn't have proofs to support his allegations.

"I read through them and found out about your role as Gold King." YG pauses. "Honestly, i never would've thought a Gold King could possess this so much power."

YG kneels down, levelling his eyes to Yoon's. The Gold King glares, his gaze, burning. A small growl suddenly escapes from Yoon's throat when YG gives him an apologetic smile.

"Who would have thought you can suppress the WHEEL's power?" YG marvels. "Without you, the WHEEL can go out of control, releasing harmful radiation that will give birth to new clansmen."

"Is that your plan?" Yoon asks, gritting his teeth. "To create more of us?"

YG laughs, standing. "You're right. Since i'm already here, why not tell you my plan, right?" YG spreads his arms widely. "I will create a world where all men will be equals. A place where all people will have their own COLOR."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter