The 7 Kings

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo]

"What's going on?" I shriek. "What was that explosion?"

"Ah aww~ those reds and blues are at it again." Lisa looks undaunted by the chaos around us and just sits on one of the chairs outside the cafe. "They just don't learn."

The three of us follow Lisa, taking our own seat. I look around us and notice the people running around, panicking. I frown. Aren't we supposed to run too?

"Listen to me, Jisoo-ah." Jennie suddenly grabs my hand and squeezes it. The look she's giving me sends chills throughout my body. "And i want you to remember everything that i'm about to say."

I swallow hard before nodding. This doesn't look good. I just hope it's nothing serious but Jennie's face seems serious enough that i'm starting to feel my sweats on my forehead.

"There are things you need to remember while staying here at Hue City." Jennie lets go of my hand to grab her juice. "First, you need to know how this place works and those people who're running it."

"I'm listening." I scrunch my nose and narrow my eyes in an attempt to show them that i'm taking this seriously.

The girls suddenly chuckle and i blink at them, confused. Lisa and Rosé are holding their own laughter. Jennie on the other hand, props her head on her palm while smiling at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask them. "Did i say something funny?"

"Nothing." Lisa wipes the tear that's threatening to fall from her eyes.

I just frown and pout at them.

"Aww~" Rosé exclaims. "You're so adorable, unnie."

"Anyway, let's get back to our previous topic." Jennie interjects. "As you already know, Hue City has its own Head."

I nod. "It's Yang Hyunsuk, right?"

I smile to myself, feeling proud. I've done my research of this place. Ever since my brother left to live in this city, my curiousity about this place and the COLORs got the better of me.

Jennie nods back. "But he's not actually the one who's making all the decisions around here."

"He's more like a puppet who relays every order that he's being given to." Lisa scoops her banana parfait and eats it.

"What are you saying Lisa-ah?" Rosé hits the maknae lightly on her arm. "He's not just a puppet. He also serves as the Gold King's advisor."

"Gold King?" I mumble.

"That's right. The Gold King." Jennie echoes. "There are six more like him around here and each has power and people of their own."

"Not to mention, their own territory." Rosé adds.

"Are they the ones who are responsible for the COLORs?" I ask, suddenly getting excited.

Jennie nods. "There's the Second King, also known as the Gold King." Jennie starts to enumerate. "We believe that he is the strongest among the Kings, making him and the rest of his clansmen to be the main decision-making buddy around here."

"Unlike with the rest of the clansmen, the Gold clansmen only consist of four people." Lisa points out. "Although they have a lot of followers who adhere to their every command."

"The other Kings also recognize him as the main King." Rosé sighs. "Maybe that is the main reason why this city is still intact. They are responsible for keeping the other clansmen on check."

"But you can seldom see them." Lisa scoops another bite of her parfait. "Even i haven't seen them or anyone from the four. They're very elusive and mysterious."

"Then there's the Third King also known as the Red King." Jennie continues. "They are very violent and vicious people, especially their King. They are usually the ones who always stir problems around here. Troublemakers, in other word. So when you meet anyone of them, i need you to run away immediately."

"Wh-what?"

"Jennie-unnie's right." Lisa seconds. "They're not just your typical hoodlums. If you happen to cross anyone of them, you're finish."

"The only redeeming point they have is they're very loyal and protective of each other." Jennie raises her index finger for emphasis. "The very reason why they are prone to problems. They won't stay put when someone gets hurt from their side."

I gulp.

"But don't worry. As long as you don't piss them off, you'll be fine." Rosé smiles to reassure my weak heart.

To tell you the truth, i'm a coward. A nerd one at that. All these new information regarding COLOR are making me hyperactive but they come with these terrifying truths behind them and it's not good for my heart.

Jennie smiles at me apologetically. Was that the reason for the look she gave me earlier when i mentioned about being awakened?

The girls exchange mournful looks with one another. I stare down and focus on my fidgeting hands on my lap. I never thought that the clansmen are these dangerous. Ah! I can see it. My dreams are starting to drift away.

"Not all people are good Jisoo-ah." Jennie tells me. I raise my head and look at her. "Remember that."

"Now, you also need to know about the Blue clansmen." Rosé says excitedly "The Fourth King, also known as the Blue King."

"Hold on." I raise my right hand. "What are these numbers? What do they stand for?"

"Oh? You finally noticed?" Jennie smirks. "We believe that they represent the order of the Kings' births."

I frown. When Jennie sees it, she scratches her head before smiling awkwardly at me.

"Jisoo-ah, do you know where the COLORS came from?"

I blink before nodding. "The WHEEL, right?"

Jenni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter