The First Assualt

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Rosé]

I'm on my way to the library. I'm about to call Lisa to meet me there but a sudden explosion causes us to scream and run for our lives.

"What's happening?" I shout through all the ruckus happening around me. I grab one of the running students. "What's going on?"

"Sentinels are attacking and destroying the school!" The student answers before running.

I look behind, squinting my eyes. I see men wearing animal masks marching inside the school. In front of them is a guy wearing a black rabbit mask.

"It's TOP! Run for your lives!"

TOP? Isn't that one of the sentinels who are assigned to guard the WHEEL? What is he doing here? And why is he attacking the school? I unconsciously step back.

One of the students bumps me, making me stumble and fall. The horde of sentinels are coming closer and all i can do is crawl my way out of that place. I finally able to find a place to hide. It's behind the garbage dump near the cafeteria. I press myself against the wall and pray hard that they won't find me.

"Search the ground!" TOP, the head of the said attack commands. "Find the girl and bring her to me."

I frown. Who are they talking about? Just as i'm about to crawl out of my hinding spot, an image of Yang Hyunsuk appears above.

He blabbers on and on, talking about his unfulfilled dream of acquiring COLOR until he mentions a name, a name which is very familiar to me.

"Kim Jisoo." Yang Hyunsuk says, making me perk up. "I assure you, anyone who can bring Kim Jisoo to me will be rewarded handsomely."

"You!" A sentinel wearing a wolf mask suddenly appears from behind me.

I gasp, standing up. I hurriedly step back and start running. I didn't dare look back, afraid that someone might've followed me.

I'm already out of breath so i decide to take a break. I look around and see the destruction brought by the sentinels to our school, the only place that should've been safe from any attacks. I can hear people running and crying. Some are even shouting, begging for the sentinels to let them go.

"I finally caught up to you."

I scream when the very same man wearing the wolf mask grabs me by the arm, pulling me.

"Let me go!" I squirm. "I said let go! You're hurting me!"

"Then stop struggling." The man reprimands, still pulling me with him. "Or you''ll hurt yourself even more."

"No!" I brace myself before stomping on the man's foot.

"Argh!" The man screams, letting me go.

I take it as a chance and run.

"You!" My captor hisses. "Get back here!"

I can feel my heart hammering against my chest. My head is pounding really hard making me dizzy and it's making my situation worse. I stop in front of the library. When i hear some running footsteps behind me, i didn't think twice and decided to enter the building.

I crouch under the tables and hide there. I close my eyes and take a mouthful of breaths to calm myself.

"Be still my heart." I whisper, patting my chest. "Calm down and think."

I start rummaging through my bag to find my phone. I finally find it and immediately dial Lisa's number.

"Come on, come on." I rumble. "Pick up."

"The number you have dialled is—"

"."

Lisa's not answering. I dial another number. It's Jennie's. After a few tries, i finally give up. Why isn't anyone picking up? Were they captured? I start biting my bottom lip.

A new batch of loud explosion is heard just outside the building where i'm currently hiding follow by the panicked shouting of men. I cower in fear.

"Please." My voice cracks. "Let this be over."

Just then, i hear the door leading to the library creak. Someone has managed to get inside. I hug myself to stop myself from shaking.

"Oh god." I close my eyes.

I can hear the sound of footsteps getting closer. I swallow hard when a pair of shoes stops in front of me. I scream, closing my eyes when the man has suddenly crouched down to greet me.

"Hello flower."

Wait. I know that voice. I open my eyes and see June. I blink. The red clansman smiles, winking at me.

"Need some help?"

•••••

[Jennie]

"Wait here." Doyoung whispers.

Doyoung sneaks out to check wether the sentinels are still coming after us.

We're currently inside the student council room, hiding. When the attack happened, Taeil along with their older members immediately left and headed straight for the center of commotion. But that was an hour ago and no one has yet to return.

"This is the worst time for our King to be missing." Jaehyun complains, hiding not too far from where i am.

I grimace, remembering Taeyong's running image. As soon as Doyoung and Jaehyun arrived bearing Jisoo's location, Taeyong immediately left without even saying anything. Taeil wanted to follow him but Johnny stopped him, telling him that they needed someone to stay behind and step up since their King left. Instead, Jaehyun sent their two maknaes to follow Taeyong.

I wake up from my own reverie when i hear footsteps outside the room. Jaehyun and i tense up. We shift on our position, readying ourselves to attack. The door creaks open, revealing Doyoung.

"Wait, wait! It's me." Doyoung raises his hands. "It's just me."

"You scared us." I huff, grabbing my chest.

"Sorry." Doyoung smiles sheepishly.

"How is it?" Jaehyun asks. "What's the situation outside?"

"It's quiet." Doyoung frowns.

"Quiet?" I also frown. "What happened to Taeil and the rest of the guys? Weren't they supposed to be out there, helping people?"

I pause, realizing something. I look at the two remaining guys.

"You know what? Scratch that." I cross my arms. "Shouldn't you be fighting them using your COLORs? You're clansmen for crying out loud!"

"Yah, i think you're forgetting that we're still in school." Doyoung points out. "We can't use our COLOR in here."

"And don't forget about those weird weapons they're carrying." Jaehyun adds. "Every time i look at those, i can't help but shiver."

"So what are we going to do now?" I ask.

The two Gray clansmen exchange look with one another before shrugging. I just roll my eyes at them. This is why Taeyong is the King. These people can't seem to decide in their own. Speaking of Taeyong.

"What about those who followed him?" I suddenly remember. "What do you think happened to them?"

"You don't have to worry about them." Jaehyun says. "Winwin's with them. He can take care of the kids."

"Shush." Doyoung raises his hand. "Someone's coming."

"Oh, ." Jaehyun curses before shifting on his position.

I also tense. The three of us are staring at the entrance door, readying ourselves for an attack. We can hear people struggling outside. There are, screaming shouting, grunting and banging.

"What's happening?" I whisper, scooting myself near Doyoung.

Just then, a body comes flying at us, breaking the door. We all flinch, moving backward. We all stare at the person lying on the floor. It's a sentinel wearing an owl mask and he looks unconscious.

"Jennie-unnie!"

My ears perk up when i hear my name. I crane my neck and see Rosé running towards me.

"Rosé?"

"Unnie!" Rosé hugs me and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter