The One They Seek

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mark]

"JB!" I shout for the nth time. "Where are you, man?"

I stop on my track and heave a sigh, feeling tired. I've been searching for our King for quite a while now but there's still no sign of him anywhere. I already swept the whole 2nd floor of our mansion and even asked the maids around but still, no JB.

"Aishh!"

I head downstairs and find Bambam and Yugyeom playing some video games while sitting on the floor of our spacious living room. They are shouting while elbowing each other as one of them tries to beat the other.

"Yah, have you two seen our King?" I ask the younger ones but no one answers.

The kids just keep playing around and shouting at each other. I'm starting to get annoyed. I head to the game console and yank it away from the outlet. The boys shout their protests.

"Hyung! I was about to win that game!" Bambam grumbles.

"What are you saying?" Yugyeom scoffs. "You meant, me. I was winning that one."

"Yah!" I roar. "Aren't you going to stop?"

The two boys have gone silent. They are now looking down, feeling ashamed of themselves but they are still glaring at each other secretly.

"I asked you a question." I say, my voice dipped with warning.

"Did you try looking for him in the library?" Yugyeom asks, scratching his head.

I roll my eyes. "Of course but he's not there."

The library was actually the first place that popped up inside my head when JB had suddenly gone missing. Our King has been obsessing over the WHEEL ever since he accidentally hacked into the King's Tower's server. I don't know what exactly he found that day but JB had spent a lot of his time researching about the WHEEL ever since.

"Pfft." Bambam snickers. "But did you try looking in the restricted section, though?"

I pause. Stupid me. Of course, JB would go there. He considers that part of the library as his study area. The boys might've seen my expression since they exchange knowing looks with one another. I just roll my eyes at them before leaving the room to head for the library.

"You're welcome!" Bambam shouts from behind, sounding sarcastic.

I enter the library and head straight for the restricted section. I open the wooden door and find JB, sitting on his high chair. In front of him are books and papers sprawled all over his mahogany desk.

"There you are!" I exclaim, taking a seat on one of the chairs in front of him. "I've been looking all over for you."

"It's your house, Mark." JB smirks. "You should've known where to look."

This huge mansion actually belongs to me. You see, i come from a rich family and after my parents discovered i became a green clansman, they immediately gave me this house for me and my fellow clansmen to live in.

"Why are you here, Mark?" JB asks, his full attention is still on his research. "You've been sitting there quietly for a whole minute now. Do you need something from me?"

"It's about the Reds." I finally open my mouth. "Are you sure you can trust them? What if they tell anyone you're researching about the WHEEL? If this goes out and it reaches to the Gold King, we're all dead."

"Calm down." JB raises his head. "The Reds don't care about that. They're too narrow-minded for that kind of thing. What's more important for them right now is their revenge."

I sigh. "I can't believe you asked them to hand any information they have about the WHEEL in exchange for our help." I shake my head. "Are they even capable of gathering information? They're all just muscles, i'm telling you."

"They're not all stupid, Mark." JB scolded. "Some of them are very capable men. I particularly like that DK guy. He's too smart for the Red clansmen."

"What did they want anyway?" I ask. "I'm assuming it had something to do with their revenge since they went ahead and even asked for our help."

"They were looking for a girl." JB answers, frowning.

"A girl? What girl?"

"Kim Jisoo."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Hold on. Did you just say Kim Jisoo?"

"Yeah, why?" JB also furrows his eyebrows.

I stand from my chair and head towards JB's desk, reaching for his laptop.

"Can i use this?"

JB doesn't answer. He just gestures for me to go ahead. I fumble on the keyboards, typing some codes until i am finally able to hack into a student's account.

"This must be her." I turn the screen towards JB.

It's a video recorded by some student who happened to witness the brawl between the Red King and the Gray King. In the said video, you can see the girl standing behind B.I. The two Kings then started fighting each other, leaving the girl to tend for her own safety.

"What's your point, Mark?" JB deadpans. "Why are you showing this to me?"

I type another codes into the laptop and show it again to him. This time the video is showing the Gold King taking the girl away. This immediately catches JB's attention. He leans forward, narrowing his eyes at the screen.

"Did he just save the girl from them?" JB asks me.

"Yeah and didn't it seem kind of weird?" I ask. "That guy never leaves the tower but at that time, he specifically came for that girl."

"Kim Jisoo." JB leans back into his chair. "Just who is she to him?"

There's a long pause after that while i just stare at my King, waiting for him to speak again.

"What do you want us to do now?" I finally ask.

I know JB will start to move soon. Now that he knows Jisoo is somehow related to the Gold King, he will do anything just to gain the girl's trust and stop at nothing just to have the knowledge and information he wants about the ancient relic.

"First," JB smiles. "Let's invite her into one of our parties."

•••••

[DK]

I, together with my fellow Red clansmen are just having a relaxing time when the door leading to the bar suddenly gets slam by a very moody B.I. We jump, surprised by his sudden and angry appearance.

"Uh oh!" June whispers beside me. "He's in a bad mood again."

B.I starts kicking stuff lying around the bar and Jay can't help but wince every time his precious furniture break. June actually keeps flinching every time our King moves near him. June will sometime take refuge behind me. It's a good thing that Bobby and Song are not here right now. If they happen to be here, i'm pretty sure the whole place will burn down.

"Aigoo. I wonder what happened to him now." Jay sighs while wiping the shot glasses on the counter.

And now, our King has started to shout profanities and June and i can only cover our ears (by Jay's order). We just ignore him while he takes his anger out on things. Well, it's better than us.

B.I finally calms down. He sits back on the sofa and closes his eyes. I take a step towards him but June holds me back by grabbing and pulling my arm.

"What are you doing, dude?" June whispers. "Do you have a death wish? Do you really want to get burn alive?"

I tug my arm free from June's grip and head to where our King is currently sitting. I see June shaking his head, looking incredulous.

"Hyung." I start. "What's wrong? Did something happen with Kim Jisoo?"

B.I starts to thrash again, burning anything he touches. I try to stay out of his reach, jumping away and choose to stand next to the grandfather clock near the counter.

"Yah!" Jay quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter