Going A Little Bit Too Far

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo]

I wake up with a jolt. I've dreamt about the WHEEL again. And those men. Why am i always dreaming about those two? According to what i've learned, one of them is supposed to be the Silver King, Lee Jongsuk as what the Green King had told me but the question is, why me? Why am i the one dreaming about it? What's so special about me that the First King's memories have chosen to embed themselves in my head?

Argh! My head's hurting. I need something to drink.

I get up from my bed and head outside my room. I can't help but scrunch up my nose as soon as the sewer's fowl odor reaches my nose. Well, i can't actually complain about it. Chanyeol took the liberty of finding us a place to hide and this is where he led us. The city's underground sewer.

"I can't believe he made me stay." I hear Bobby whine as soon as i'm out of my room.

"Who?" I ask.

"Oh? You're awake." Song greets.

Song got hurt from that day the sentinels came to attack the Red clansmen's headquarters. Two days have passed and he's okay now and that goes for the Blue clansmen's Byun Baekyun too.

"Yeah." I say, grabbing myself a glass of water. "What is Bobby whining about?"

Song rolls his eyes. "He's upset because he got left behind."

I frown, looking around. "They're gone?"

Song nods. "B.I and Chan went out to gather some information. The Gray King also left to find his clansmen. The Blue clansmen's Chanyeol is accompanying him. Jay  on the other hand decided to return to the shop just in case our guys will show up there."

"I see."

I fall into silence, my attention turning elsewhere. Song may have noticed it since he nudges my leg.

"Hey, you alright?" Song asks, frowning. "You look distracted. What's bothering you?"

I bite my bottom lip, hesitating. "I need to go somewhere."

"What?" Song's eyes widen. "Jisoo-ah, you know very well that you're the one everybody's looking, right?"

I stare at him desperately. "I have to go. There's something that have been bothering me lately. I need to know it for myself."

Song sighs heavily. "Where is this place then?"

"The City library."

"But that's too far from here." Song complains once again. "Isn't that going a little bit too far? No matter how i think about it, it's still a very bad idea to go out there."

"Then, someone will just have to come with her." Baekyun appears from his bedroom, fidgeting. "You know, just in case something doesn't go well."

Song frowns at the Blue clansman. "Great. Nice encouragement by the way, just like what we need." He turns to face me once again. "Jisoo-ah, that place is crawling with sentinels right now."

"Pfft. Since when did we become so afraid of those ing sentinels?" Bobby scoffs, earning himself a frown from Song.

"Since they've finally found a weapon that can be used against us." Song makes his point.

There's silence that follows. Baekhyun grimaces, remembering that day he got shot by the TI gun. He couldn't use his COLOR for almost a day not to mention the pain it caused him and it gives everyone the shiver.

"I'll go." Bobby immediately stands, raising his hand while smirking. He looks at me and winks. "Don't worry. I'll protect you."

I smile, feeling grateful.

"Bobby—"

"And besides." Bobby interjects, cutting whatever Song is about to say. "B.I will kill us if we don't take care of his girlfriend."

I gape. "Yah! I'm not his girlfriend."

"Taeyong, then?" Bobby adds.

"Argh!" I groan. "I'm no one's girlfriend, alright?"

•••••

[Jennie]

We've been hiding under this bridge for almost a day now since we escaped those sentinels who came to ambush us on our way to the Red clansmen's headquarters. DK created a diversion that day by burning a car nearby. The sentinels dispersed as soon as they saw the smoke and that provided us enough time to make our escape.

"How is he holding up?" DK asks Rosé who is tending to June.

Rosé shakes her head glumly. "Not good. I don't know what to do anymore."

I frown before narrowing my eyes at my friend. Since when did she start to care for this guy? I mean, yes he saved her from that bullet but that's not enough for her to cry over. And besides, it's not actually a real bullet.

"He needs medicine." Doyoung says. "Just for the pain. He looks like he's about to faint."

"I'll go." DK, June's fellow Red clansman volunters.

"I'm coming with you." I say, standing up. "We also need some food."

"Unnie." Rosé looks worried.

"It's okay, Chaeyoung-ah." I try to smile to reassure her. "Everything's going to be fine."

"Just be careful out there, unnie."

"I know. You too." I say before turning to Doyoung. "Take care of the rest."

Doyoung nods his reply. DK and I finally head out in search for food and medicine. After taking a few detours, we somehow successfully bought some painkillers and some chocolate bars in a nearby convenience store and are now on our way back to the others when a group of local authorities have managed to spot us, recognizing DK.

"." DK curses before turning towards me. "Go."

"What?" I hug the paper bag tighter.

"I said go." DK shouts. "I'll distract them."

"But—"

DK growls. He suddenly grabs my wrist, pulling me towards him. I gasp when i realize how close our faces are with each other. "Just make sure this medicine reaches to June."

I swallow hard before nodding.

"Now go and don't look back."

I turn around and make a run for it, not looking back. I bite my bottom lip, feeling guilty for leaving DK behind. He's going to be okay, right? I mean, he's a clansman. He can pretty much defend himself against them. Distracted, i haven't realized that a local officer is already behind me, reaching out and going for my hair.

"Ahhh!" I scream.

DK hears my cry of help and is about to help me but gets interrupted when a group of sentinels suddenly shows up, blocking him.

"Let go of me!" I thrash around, kicking the guy grabbing my hair. "I said let go!"

The man only sneers but i suddenly find myself screaming again when my captor is suddenly thrown aside, releasing me.

"Didn't you hear her the first time?"

I know that voice! My head suddenly snaps at the guy standing not too far from where i am. I meet Taeyong's gaze and i can't help but whimper, feeling relieved. He's safe. Taeyong is safe.

"She said let go."

•••••

[Lisa]

"Is this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter