Engraved Memories

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo]

We are now on our way to the King's Tower. I keep fidgeting with my hands as our car approaches the tall building. Seungyoon finally turns towards me as i make this annoying noises with my teeth.

"Sorry." I murmur. "Am i being annoying? I'm so sorry, I'm just so nervous right now. Not that you're the reason behind it, it's just that i've never been into the Tower before and i actually don't know why i'm going there in the first place! Oh! It's not like i don't want to go, it's just that i'm not really sure if i'm qualified enough--"

"Jisoo-ssi." Seungyoon interrupts my train of thoughts. He reaches out to pat my shoulder. "It's alright. Just calm down."

I bite the inside of my lower lip. I also take a deep breath, closing my eyes to calm myself. When i open my eyes, our car is about to make its last turn before entering the building's basement.

"Oh god." I turn to face Seungyoon. "Can't you just tell me the reason why i came here? As far as i'm concerned, i haven't done anything wrong. Well, maybe except for drinking three cups of coffee everyday but other than that, i can't think of anything else. And if it's about my involvement with the clansmen--"

"Jisoo-ssi."

I purse my lips. "I'm rumbling again, aren't i?"

Seungyoon smiles. "You're okay."

The two of us finally get out of the car and proceed to the elevator. Seungyoon presses the uppermost floor which is the penthouse and finally arrive within minutes.

"After you." Seungyoon bows a little.

I swallow before taking a step out of the elevator. Seungyoon follows behind. I notice these men wearing animal masks station at every corner of the room. The same men can also be seen downstairs.

"Don't worry about them." Seungyoon whispers behind me. "They're called sentinels. Their job is to guard this place with their lives."

"Are they also your clansmen?" I ask.

"No." Seungyoon answers, looking stern. "The responsiblities of being a clansman musn't be taken lightly."

"Oh."

"This way, Jisoo-ssi." Seungyoon gestures towards the huge hallway. "Follow me."

We pass through a lot of rooms with huge double doors. Each door has at least two sentinels standing guard but there is this one particular door where five sentinels are being stationed to. Unlike with the rest of the sentinels i've seen so far, these guys are the only ones wearing black rabbit masks on their faces.

I pause in front of this door. I can feel my eyebrows knitting together. There is something inside this room that's drawing me in. I unconsciously take a step forward but one of the sentinels blocks my way.

I jump. "Holy sh-"

"You're not allowed to take another step." The sentinel says.

"It's alright, GD." Seungyoon appears behind me, grabbing my shoulders. "She's with me."

The sentinel who calls himself GD bows before retreating back to his station. I turn around and face Seungyoon.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wander off."

Seungyoon doesn't say anything. He just stares at the huge double door behind me then turns his curious gaze towards me.

"You never change." Seungyoon whispers.

"What?"

"Let's go." Seungyoon suddenly turns around. "He's waiting."

The Gold King starts to walk again and i try to follow him without getting distracted. We finally reach the room he's meaning to take me into. He opens the door and we're greeted by three, tall, and handsome men.

"Yoonie-ah!" A familiar voice calls out.

I frown before peeking behind Seungyoon. My eyes widen and my jaw drops when i see my brother coming towards us.

"Oppa?"

Jinwoo stops on his tracks, his own eyes widening with shock. "Chu?"

"Oppa!" I run towards him and he opens his arms to give me a hug.

"Chu, what are you doing here?" Jinwoo looks down, meeting my gaze.

"I don't know." I break free from our embrace. "The Gold King brought me here, saying that his friend misses me or something."

"Yoonie?" Jinwoo looks at the Gold King who just shrugs and heads for the high chair in the middle of the room.

"Hold on." I frown. "This friend of his. He doesn't happen to be you, right?"

My brother bites his lower lip, smiling. I gape.

"Oppa!" I exclaim. "Why didn't you tell me you're friends with the Gold King?"

"Oh, he's not just a friend alright." A guy with the smallest eyes laughs. "He's one of us."

"Us?" I look back at my brother. "What did he mean by that, oppa?"

"Chu, i--"

"I can't believe it!" I step back, looking incredulous. "You're a Gold clansman?"

"I'm so sorry, Chu." Jinwoo tries to lessen the gap between us. "I didn't mean to keep it from you. I'm just waiting for the right time."

"Alright!" The last guy finally intervenes. "Before you two can kill each other, why don't you introduce us to her first?"

Jinwoo sighs. "Chu, these are my fellow Gold clansmen. The guy over there, playing with the cards is Seunghoon and this guy over here.." My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter