Pawn

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho and his Blue clansmen are still in the middle of their little discussion when they hear an emergency call, indicating of an enemy invasion. The lot of them immediately head for the entrance of the King's Tower and there, they see the culprit behind the attack.

"Kim Hanbin." Suho mumbles.

B.I, the Red King is standing alone in the middle of the tower's main lobby. He's surrounded by the sentinels who are carrying their tourmaline induced guns. They're trying to bombard him with all the available arsenals they have but the Red King is just too powerful for them.

B.I is burning everything and everyone who tries to advance within his five meter parameter. He created a ring of hot fire around him, preventing anyone of getting closer.

Hanbin feels like losing control. The WHEEL, getting out of hand isn't helping at all seeing that it's only giving a boost to his COLOR. He's unstoppable now. A new group of sentinels catches his attention. He suddenly remembers what he came here for. Kim Jisoo. He knows they got her and Bobby. He came here specifically for them.

"Bring me Jisoo and Bobby!" Hanbin shouts before hurling a ball of fire at them.

Hanbin's angry. He's seething with so much anger that he's literally smoking. The only way for him to release the steam off is by wrecking some havoc around his enemy. Hanbin forms a fireball and throws it to the incoming group but the Blue King intervenes by blocking it with his own COLOR.

"We're wondering why you still haven't showed up." Suho says, not daunted.

Hanbin glares at his sworn rival. They stand there, eyeing each other carefully. No matter what happens, Hanbin just needs to fulfill what he's assigned for. He just needs to stall enough time for his other friends to rescue Jisoo and the rest of their clansmen.

Suho narrows his eyes, studying the Red King in front of him. There's something wrong going on that he can't seem to pinpoint. Suho knows how the Red King can be impulsive sometimes that's why Jinhwan's always there but not today it seems. During an important moment like this, the famous Red clansman is not there to protect his King.

"Xiumen." D.O whispers, sensing the same feeling.

"Hush." Xiumen tells him. "Let our King handle this one."

Suddenly, GD and his team arrive. The fearless leader of Bigbang is about to charge but Xiumen intervenes, cutting him off. The Blue clansman glares towards the sentinel.

"Stay out of it." Xiumen warns. "This is my King's fight. No one is going to interrupt them."

Suho smiles. Thank god he understood. The Blue King is sure now. Hanbin is in the middle of executing a plan that he and his friends came up with. He believes that he and the others are going to rescue Jisoo and Bobby from their captivity and Suho won't stop them. It is the only explanation why Jinhwan isn't around. The Red King came alone as a pawn.

"What are you thinking, Blue King?" Hanbin narrows his eyes. "The way your eyebrows is mashed together, i know you're thinking about something."

"It would be better for you if i stay quiet." Suho smirks.

Suho doesn't have an idea of what's happening to Jisoo and that is enough reason for him to let the Red clansman take her. He knows she will be taken care of by these people.

"Shall we shart?" Suho makes his stance. "We wouldn't like to disappoint our guests now, would we?"

Hanbin's eyebrow twitches. He glances up and notices the Head, Yang Hyunsuk with JYP, already perched above the second floor lobby.

The surrounding suddenly turns cold. Hanbin counters it with his own COLOR. The two Kings are now locked in a battle, measuring each other.

"What are they doing?" JYP frowns upon seeing the other Blue clansmen just watching their King fight the Red King. "Aren't they going to help him?"

YG laughs. "That isn't how it works, Jinyoung-ah. For Kings, it's a matter of pride."

"Well, their pride is getting in our way." JYP huffs. "That Red King has always been impulsive. I can't believe he came here alone knowing he's outnumbered." There's a pause, realizing something. "Do you think his friends will try to sneak in secretly? There's a possibility that he's just a distraction, a pawn."

YG smirks. "Maybe. But what exactly can his clansmen do? The Colorless and Green clansmen are still within this tower. They won't be able to get pass them."

•••••

[Jennie]

"What the hell are we doing here?" Lisa grumbles. "Instead of storming inside the tower to save Jisoo-unnie, we're just waiting here doing nothing."

I roll my eyes at our maknae. "Keep it down, Lisa-ah. Remember the plan. And we're not excatly of much help out there."

Rosé pouts. "I understand that part but do we really need someone to babysit us?"

Rosé glares towards his cousin who is standing guard together with his fellow Blue clansman, Baekhyun. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at his cousin.

"This is to make sure you three won't really go after the others." Chanyeol counters. "Who knows, you might want to sneak in and save your friend yourselves."

Rosé pouts even more while Lisa can only roll her eyes. I bite my lower lip, hesitating. "And what about you guys? Aren't you going? Your King is in there, fighting against the Red King."

Lisa shifts her eyes, feeling awkward. Who wouldn't be? If you think about it, isn't it obvious for a clansman to return and be with its King?

"The Blue clansmen are different." Chanyeol answers. "We're not just bound to serve our King. We are also bound to do and follow what we think is right. And this?" Chanyeol pauses. "I believe this is what is right at the moment."

Just then, a loud explosion is heard from inside the tower. The ground shakes, making us to brace ourselves. We see a lightning strikes the tower's roof. The civilians who are just passing by scream, running to take cover.

"Lisa-ah!"

My head snaps towards Rosé. My eyes suddenly widen when i see Lisa running for the King's Tower's direction.

"!" Chanyeol curses. He turns at us. "You, stay here while i get Lisa."

I bite my bottom lip. I eye the other Blue clansman who chose to stay behind to guard us. Baekhyun shifts uncomfortably. This is our chance. Rosé catches me looking at her. She too feels like she needs to do something. I nod and she nods back.

"You go ahead, unnie." Rosé whispers beside me. "I'll distract him."

Before i can even protest, Rosé runs to the other direction. Baekhyun looks surprised. He gapes, blinking.

"Oh, come on!" Baekhyun rakes his hair, feeling frustrated. "Not you too. Argh! Chanyeol will surely kill me if he finds out i let his precious cousin get away."

Baekhyun is left with no choice but to run after Rosé, leaving me to tend for myself. I make a run for it, heading for the King's Tower.

I know it won't be easy to sneak inside but at least Lisa and i have a higher chance of succeeding. Unlike with the other guys, we're not clansmen who are high on the sentinels' wanted list.

Upon my entry inside the tower, i was immediately spotted by a group of people who are on their way to the lobby. I gasp, freezing on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter