Settling Things Down

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chanyeol]

"Ah~ This is so tiring!" Baekhyun groans.

Baekyun and i are currently inside our patrol car, doing our rounds in the city. The incident concerning the Reds is getting worse. People are getting hurt and properties getting destroyed. To make the matter worse, we are forced to clean up their mess.

"Those damn Reds." Baekhyun continues to bicker. "Forcing us to take overnight shifts. This is slavery, you know."

I chuckle. I ignore him and just focus on my driving.

"How's your cousin by the way?" Baekhyun suddenly asks out of nowhere. "I haven't seen her in for quite some time now."

I glance at him. "Yah, you only saw her once."

"So what? I still saw here and besides, pretty girls like her are hard to forget."

"Don't go there now buddy." I warn. "I won't let her date a clansman."

Baekhyun gasps. "Why?"

"Because it's dangerous." I say. "The very reason why i convinced my uncle to admit Rosé to the dormitories is because i don't want her to get involved with us. And the school is actually one of the safest places here in the city."

"You're too overprotective, bro." Baekhyun shakes his head.

"Just watching out for Rosé, that's all."

Just then, we hear this huge explosion coming from the downtown area.

"!" Baekhyun grabs the communicator. "What was that?"

"The Reds are attacking people again." The voice belongs to Sehun. "This time, it's a group of highschoolers."

"Alright." Baekhyun replies. "Chanyeol and i are on our way there now."

I frown, getting worried. The fire is spreading too quickly. I press the accelerator and drive through the rushing traffic. The people are screaming and running for their lives.

"There they are!" Baekhyun shouts, pointing at our comrades.

I stomp on the break and we skid, stopping a few meters away from the center of the commotion.

"!" There's no end to Baekhyun's cursing. "They're up against the Red clansmen's vanguard."

We hurriedly get out of the car. We see Sehun and Kai fighting against Bobby. It's two against one but the fight is still in favor of the Reds, seeing that our fellow blue clansmen can't do anything but defend themselves. I can't blame them. Bobby is a good fighter. He's the most aggressive clansman they have. His battle instinct is already tested and proven. Even a King will have a hard time fighting him alone.

Bobby is bombarding them with his rapid fire. He looks like a madman, not caring whether he may hit something or worse, someone in the process.

I feel my jaw tighten. I want to help them but the safety of the people comes first. I concentrate and manage to summon a rain, extinguishing the fire around us. I turn to Baekhyun.

"What are you doing?" I shout. "Help me extinguish the fire!"

Baekhyun blinks before manipulating the water i summoned. The water moves at the very same time he raises his hands. I turn around and see a group of highschoolers clustered together behind Sehun and Kai.

"Hurry up!" I shout at them. "Come this way."

The young boys begin to move but their escape route suddenly gets cut off by another one of the Red clansmen, Song.

"Sorry, Chanyeol but i need those guys to come with me."

"Not happening." I brace myself.

Song is also one of their strongest. And he's the only one who can control Bobby's anger.

"You know you can't win against me." Song smirks. "So just be a good lad and hand those boys to me."

It's true. I don't stand a chance against Song. Our element may have the advantage but combat-wise, we're obviously lacking. If i want to defeat him, i need Baekhyun's help but he's currently busy putting out the fire.

I don't budge from my place. Song and i end up in a staring contest, measuring each other. I swallow the lump forming in my throat. Song's hands suddenly catch on fire. He throws them at me and i roll sideways, dodging it. I flick my wrist and water comes splashing towards Song. Song counters it by covering himself with fire. We hear a hissing sound when our COLORs make contact, creating steams.

"." I curse when my view is hindered by the white smoke.

I try squinting my eyes, looking for any sign of Song but i almost stumble when i try dodging one his fireballs. It is followed by another one and another and another until i'm finally out from the puff of smoke but i end up falling right into Song's trap.

Song had been waiting for me all those time to get out from the smoke. I land right in front of him. He smirks. This is not good. I'm being forced to fight in a hand to hand combat which is his field of expertise.

He throws a solid punch to my jaw and i stumble back. It is followed by a spinning kick on my gut, sending me towards the curb. As if he's still not contented, he also knees the other side of my jaw. I spit out some blood in my mouth and turn to look at him. He looks down at me in return, cracking his knuckles.

"Had enough?"

I laugh bitterly.

Song smiles amusingly. "You're asking for it."

Song braces himself. Just when he's about to give his final blow, he is sent flying to the other side of the road. I look to my right and see Xiumen with his raised hand. He also happens to be the our second-in-command. Behind him is Suho, our King.

I hear Song groaning. He struggles to get up. Bobby who was just fighting with Sehun and Kai a while ago is now at his side. The two Red clansmen are now glaring towards our King.

"Leave." Xiumen's voice is high and demanding and he looks like he's not taking no for an answer.

Baekhyun appears beside me, extending his hand. I gratefully take it and stand up. Sehun and Kai already join our King. Both are glaring towards Song and Bobby.

"This is not over." Bobby growls. "We'll come back for all of you."

The two Red clansmen leave in a hurry. The rest of us are finally able to breath, relieved that the fighting is now over.

"You okay, bro?" Baekhyun asks me. "You look like ."

"Haha, very funny."

Our King steps forward, distancing himself from the rest of us. He raises his hand, opening his palms. We suddenly hear this crackling sound in the air. Our surrounding becomes colder, sending chills all over our bodies. The remaining fire that we weren't able to extinguish suddenly goes out. Not a single speck remains. As expected of our King. Suho can easily manipulate the water in the air and he's the only one who can create and manipulate the ice.

"Awe~some~" Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter