The Passed Crown

COLOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jinu]

I grimace when i hear Mino groaning from the other side of the room. He's just sitting there on the sofa, unmoving but you can clearly see the struggle on his face. I mean, he's sweating a lot. No doubt, it's taking all of his efforts just to keep his COLOR under control.

Now that our King is gone, no one is keeping the WHEEL's power at bay. The tourmaline-cladded room where we're keeping it is not enough to keep it under control. Sooner or later, the WHEEL will have its way into mankind. We, from the Gold clansmen are already feeling its effects, being the nearest ones to it.

"." Hoon curses when he accidentally shatters the cup on his hand. "There goes another one of my expensive cups."

I sigh, getting tired myself.

Mino forces a smirk. "Jinu-ah, how are you even moving without breaking anything? You really are good at controlling your strength."

"Well, he's not the Gold clansmen's no. 2 for nothing." Hoon says, joining in.

"This isn't the right time to be joking around." I frown. "The WHEEL is starting to lose control. We have to do something about it."

"Like what, exactly?" Hoon asks, also frowning. "Only our King can suppress the WHEEL's power."

"No." I stare at them. "There's another one."

"What do you mean?" Mino gapes. "Who?"

"Kim Junmyun."

"Suho?" Hoon also gapes, not believing what he's hearing.

I nod. "He's the only King who was able to evolve his COLOR on his own."

"Ah, i know what you mean." Hoon nods, finally realizing. "He has the attribute of ice which is rare even for us, the clansmen which means he has the qualifications to control the WHEEL to some extent."

"That was why Yoon had his eyes on him for quite some time now." I say. "He somehow knew this would happen."

"So, what are we waiting for?" Mino stands up. "The sooner we deal with this, the better. We can't just sit here and do nothing while our King is still missing."

"That settles it then." Hoon also moves, standing up. "I'll go and send a message to the Blue clansmen."

"No need for that." I tell them. "I'll go there myself."

•••••

[Xiumen]

I'm currently standing beside my King as Jinu, the Gold clansmen's second in command is sitting liesurely across the long table inside our headquarter's situation room. He has Teddy Park at his side, the Over-all Head of the sentinels.

We were all surprised when a Gold clansman had suddenly walked in our headquarters unannounced. The young bloods were so shocked that they even forgot to greet our guests. I can still hear my fellow clansmen hovering and whispering just outside the room. I roll my eyes, groaning. Kids.

"Forgive the noises." Suho smiles apologetically. "It's not everyday you can see and meet a gold clansman."

"It's alright." Jinu smiles kindly. "It's nothing compare to what i'm about to ask of you, Blue King."

My gaze immediately lands on Suho. Our King seems to be more relaxed than he's supposed to be. It's like he's already expecting this to happen.

Jinu's face turns grim and serious. "We need your power."

I keep my mouth shut and continue to observe the exchange of words between the two distinguished people in our city. Suho frowns this time. Jinu rests his elbows on the table, his hands, clasp together.

"We're losing the WHEEL." Jinu presses on. "I know Yoon had also asked you to take over his job if something ever happens to him. As of now, you're the only one who can suppress its powers."

"If it is to help and keep the people safe then i'm willing to lend you a hand but—" Suho pauses. "I don't know how long i can last. I'm not as strong as the Gold King, you see."

"I know, that is why we'll set our own people out there to look for Yoon." Jinu says. "The sooner we find him, the faster you'll be relieved of this burden."

Suho nods. "Then, you got yourself a deal. You go and find Yoon while I try to hold the end of my bargain."

"It's much appreciated." Jinu says, grateful.

"Anyway." Suho leans forward. "Do you already have some lead where to start looking?"

"My clansmen and i have already sent some of our best sentinels for the job." Jinu replies. "And besides, i heard some of the Kings have also started their own search."

I turn and smirk towards Suho. "That's rare. I didn't expect the other clansmen to move that fast."

"Of course." Suho smirks back. "It's the WHEEL we're talking about here."

"I bet Lee Taeyong is one of those people." I add. "The Gray King may be young but his sense of justice and loyalty is as strong as yours, Suho."

Suho nods, agreeing. "If only he wasn't chosen as a King, he would've been one of us now, a blue clansman."

"You seem very fond of this Lee Taeyong guy." Jinu smiles. "I, too is very fond of him. He's smart for his age and very calculative."

"I agree." Suho keeps nodding.

"Young master Jinwoo." Teddy Park, the Head Sentinel leans towards Jinu. "It is time."

Jinu nods once then turns, facing us. "I'm sorry gents but we must leave now."

Suho stands up. "Of course."

"My clansmen and i will be expecting you tonight, Suho." Jinu says. "You can bring your clansmen with you."

Suho nods. "Yes and thank you."

"We'll hold the fort for you while you're gone." I add. "Finding the Gold King is our first priority."

"That's quite reassuring coming from you, Xiumen." J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter