Waiting

A Guardian in Love
“I wanted to talk to you about not working on Christmas” Donghae said.
After he finished his sentence his mom stopped everything she was doing.

She was silent.
“Umma?” Donghae asked. She looked up at him from her chair and replied “So you wanted to talk about..that”
__________

Back at home:

“Yah~ Hyunki..I’ll buy you another brownie..araso?” Eunhyuk said.
“Mhmm..? Bwoh? Why?” He replied. Eunhyuks eyes widened “What do you mean why? Weren’t you just REALLY RELALLY…I MEAN very….VERY! MAD AT ME for eating your brownie?” Hyunki smiled “Oh yeah! Well..~~~~~~~ noona already gave me a cookie soooo…I’m okay” Hyunki laughed as he skipped back into his room.

“So.. I could’ve just given him a cookie..while he was chasing me?” Eunhyuk quietly asked himself.
Eunhyuks head sunk down in between his knees. “Uhh..oppa?” you asked “Are you okay?”
Without raising his head he replied “Yeah..I’m fine..you just have a very” He sighed “UNIQUE brother”

Later on that day everyone was either getting ready to leave for the airport or decorating the house. “Yah! Sungmin oppa!” Dara yelled.
Sungmin immediately popped into the living room “Mhm? Do you need help with anything?” he asked
“Yes~~~” she sweetly replied with her hands behind her back. “I need help cleaning this mess” Sungmin looked around but he couldn’t find any mess “Uhh..what mess?” She smiled “This one”

She held out her hands…THEY WERE FULL OF GLUE, SPARKLES, PAPER…and FOOD.
Sungmins eyes twitched. “~~~~~~~~~~~-ah!” he yelled.

As you walked into the living room you saw Sungmins needy face…and Daras VERY dirty hands.
“You better not be asking me for help with that, she called you first” you stated
“But, but, but” He tried to think of a way to persuade you. “She’s your sister!” he protested “So? As I said before SHE CALLED FOR YOU FIRST” you smiled as you left them.
“~~~~~~~~~~-ah!” he yelled again. “Yah! Oppa..are you going to help me or not?” Dara asked. Sungmin sighed “I guess I have to choice now do I?” She smiled “Thank you oppa!”
Sungmin smiled and replied “No problem, now lets’ get your hands cleaned”

“Oh..oppa..one more thing”
Sungmin looked at her. “There’s also the mess behind me” she said as she moved to the side. The carpet has a juice stain..plus…glue.
“~~~~~~~~~~~-AH!!!”
________

After Sungmin cleaned Daras hands…and the carpet, he went to go check on you.

As he entered your room he saw you still working on Donghaes scarf. “Hey ~~~~~~~-ah”
You looked up at him and smiled “Hey oppa, how was cleaning up after Dara?” you asked. Sungmin nervously laughed “It was,,,okay..I really don’t know how you do it..EVERY SINGLE DAY” he replied as he sat next to you.
You laughed “Well..I’ve gotten used to it I guess”
Sungmin smiled “So I see you’re almost done with the scarf” You nodded.

“It looks nice..but umm” He stopped “You have a-“ You cut him off “Yeah..I know…A knot” you sighed
“Don’t worry he’ll love it” Sungmin replied as he patted your back. “Well..when you’re done, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun already cooked dinner..so I leave it out for you” You nodded “Okay”
As Sungmin left you thought about Donghae.
‘Mhmm..I hope he isn’t working himself too hard’
________

Once you finished Donghaes scarf you decided to eat.
Everyone who was staying home for the holidays were in the living room watching star king. “Ahh ~~~~~~~~~~-ah I see you’re finally done” Siwon said
“Ohh oppa..I thought you were going home for Christmas” you replied as you got your plate.

“No, my parents are going on vacation” you nodded
As you were getting your food you heard Kyuhyun ask “So..has anyone heard anything from Donghae yet?”
“No~” they all replied.
‘Donghae oppa..’ you thought as you began to eat.
‘I wonder what he’s doing right now?’