When old adventures die

A Guardian in Love
You woke up to the bright lights of the hospitals waiting room. You hated being there, it seem that you younger brother and sister practically spent their first 6 years of the lives here.
Your moms cancer had been coming and going for years now. You could tell she was very tired and wanting to give up. If she didn't have you and your siblings..she probably would have given up along time ago.

"~~~~~..is umma going to be okay?" asked Hyunki
"I hope so..you know mom's a fighter" You replied "Unnie I want to go home, I'm tired" Whined Dara
"I'm sorry baby, we can't go yet..not until the doctor comes and tells us Ma is stable..araso?"

It was already 1 in the morning. 'Well..I guess Dara and Hyunki aren't going to school again today' You thought

Dara was already in a deep sleep, but Hyunki was wide awake. "Yah, Hyunki. Why don't you go to sleep?" you suggested. Hyunki shook his head.
"No~, I want to wait for umma" He plainly replied. You threw your head back and covered your eyes. 'Why are they taking so look?' You thought. You were slowly getting frustrated from the lack of sleep.
Right after that your moms doctor came. "Ms.~~~~~" he said. You automatically stood up. "Is my umma okay?" You quickly asked. He sighed. 'No..no..NO!'

You knew what he was going to say. "Doctor, please..is my mom okay?" you asked again. You felt like falling onto your knees to cry your eyes out. "I'm sorry Ms.~~~~~ but your mom doesn't have much time left in her..you guys can go say your goodbyes...while you can"

You turned and saw Hyunki ready to burst into tears. Dara on the other hand was still unware and asleep. "Yah, Dara...wake..up" Hyunki Croaked. Her eyes fluttered open.
You knelt infront of her, unable to look her in the eyes.
"Dara..umma..doesn't have much time..its..its time to...to say goodbye.." You said with tears running down your face.
Dara couldn't speak...
Hyunki stood beside you, while holding onto Daras hand.
"Dara..lets go.." He quietly said.

Dara held onto Hyunki. As we walked to moms room, all of us could barely hold a straight smile.
"Umma" Said Dara. She was already crying. Your mom could barely speak...she was so weak. You knelt by your mom with Dara and Hyunki in front of you. "Mom...I love you so much..don't go..please" You croaked.

"Please umma" said Hyunki tearing. Dara was already crying too hard to speak. Your mom was crying as well. She held onto your hand, and gave you a letter. On the outside it said "Read when you get home" You nodded. You slowly stood up and hugged her tight. You lightly kissed her forehead. You helped Dara and Hyunki kiss and hug your mom goodbye.

Then there was a loud beeping noise. Nurses came inside the room, creating a human wall between your mom and your siblings. Then all of a sudden the nurses started to take your mom. "Wait where are you taking her!?" You yelled
"I'm sorry but we need to take her into surgery" Replied one of the nurses.
As they were in the hallway, Hyunki yelled out "UMMA!!!" "I love you umma!!" Yelled Dara. Dara started to run after her. "Dara!...DARA!" You yelled. You and Hyunki quickly ran after Dara.

Dara fell onto her knees as she cried. I carried her as she continued to cry into my chest. Hyunki held onto my arm. "I'm sorry Ms.~~~~~, but I think you guys should go home and rest" Said your moms doctor.

As Dara and Hyunki walked towards the exit. You watched your moms final moments. She didn't even make it into the ER...she was gone....
You saw Dara and Hyunki waiting as you walked toward the exit. Suddenly someone going in the other direction bumped into you. "Oh I'm sorry" He said
"No..umm..its okay" You replied with a weak smile.

-