CHAPTER 29

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seoul, Korea

           

 

 

            Hanok Hospital was known as the hospital for the rich and famous. It was also known for its state of the art facilities and boasted of having the best doctors in the country. Jaejoong wasn't surprised to learn that Lee Sooman had chosen to be confined in this hospital. The old man could afford the place. If Sooman wasn't too weak to travel, he would have opted to stay in a well-known hospital abroad. But the heart attack he suffered made him unfit to travel.

 

 

 

            Jaejoong stopped walking when he reached the ICU. Lee SooMan, the man who ordered the death of his father was inside. After years of planning, his revenge had finally reached its fruition.

 

 

 

            No one was allowed to enter the ICU except for doctors and nurses. But Jaejoong was wearing a doctor's uniform and he also had an authentic-looking ID that said he's one of the resident doctors of the hospital. No one would question him if checked the condition of the patient.

 

 

 

            Even Lee SooMan bodyguards in the corridor didn't stop him. He found it amusing that the old man though already near death was still afraid someone would kill him, thus surrounding himself with bodyguards.

 

 

 

            The bodyguards didn't even recognize Jaejoong, though he was sure the old man had told them about him. Jaejoong had disguised himself not just by wearing a doctor's uniform but also by wearing glasses and false dentures.

 

 

 

            He stepped inside the ICU and approached the sleeping old man. An oxygen mask was on his face, helping him breathe. There were several tubes attached to his body from several machines and equipment around him. His heartbeat and all ordinary life functions were being monitored. The once powerful and ruthless landowner now looked so frail and helpless before Jaejoong.

 

 

 

            The letter Lee SooMan received fived days ago caused his heart attack. He had sent that letter. The letter simply informed the old man that his sins had been paid in full by his grandson. Attached to the letter was a picture of Yunho. Yunho's body was bloodied and his neck was almost detached from his body. Anyone who saw the picture would believe that Yunho had suffered a horrible death.

 

 

 

            But the truth was, the photograph was manipulated. Lee SooMan's grandson remained alive. He was in fact still in India and with Nana. Nana had succeeded in seducing Yunho and making him fall in love with her.

 

 

 

            Everything was going according to plan! Jaejoong now controlled the situation and no one would be able to stop him from taking his revenge. Even the distraction caused by Sandara won't jeopardize his plans.

 

 

 

            Sandara was back in his chateau. And as long as the woman was far away from him, he would be able to think straight. He pushed aside all thoughts about Sandara. He focused on the coming end of his revenge against Lee SooMan.

 

 

 

            He woke up the sleeping old man. He waited patiently as the old man's eyes slowly focused on him.

 

 

 

            "I hope you are feeling well today, Lee SooMan. Because I bring news about your grandson."

 

 

 

            Jaejoong took away the gas mask so the old man could speak clearly.

 

 

 

            "Have you found his body?"

 

 

 

            "Of course. Since I was the one who buried him," he taunted him.

 

 

 

            Lee SooMan's eyes grew wide. Jaejoong took off his glasses and false teeth.

 

 

 

            "Long time no see, Lee SooMan. You must be familiar with this face. You are already aware of my name and my reputation though we have yet to meet personally. But you do know my father, BumSoo, the Chief Village you had killed several years ago. I look a lot like him. And before you start denying the truth, I already know that you are the one who ordered him killed!"

 

 

 

            Lee SooMan tried to reach the switch that would raise the alarm to the nurses. But Jaejoong stopped him from reaching the alarm.

 

 

 

            "The death of your beloved grandson is just the beginning of my revenge. You see, I plan to get rid this world of all your bloodlines. If I am not mistaken, your son is still alive, right? He just left to change his clothes. But he would be back soon. And once he's here‑"

 

 

 

            Lee Soo Man clutched at the doctor's coat Jaejoong was wearing.

 

 

 

            "I am your enemy! L-Leave my son alone!" he pleaded as he gasped for air.

 

 

 

            Jaejoong took out the syringe in the pocket of his white coat.

 

 

 

            "I am not one of your henchmen, Lee SooMan. You cannot order me!" He said before plunging the needle on the dextrose hose. He emptied the syringe of its content. "In case you want to know. That's poison. It's a slow poison. You will still be alive long enough to hear the scream of your son, as I throw him from the rooftop of this hospital"

 

 

 

            "No! Don't do this! My son is innocent! He is not tainted by my sins!"

 

 

 

            He turned his back from the old man. Before he shut the door of the ICU, he overheard the old man's body tumbling to the floor. Lee SooMan had fallen off his bed.

 

 

 

            When Jaejoong reached the stairway, he heard the loud alarm coming from the nurse's station. It seemed Lee SooMan still had the strength to press the switch and call the nurses. He calmly watched as the nurses rushed toward the ICU. The old man probably had another heart attack. He should die this time around because of the knowledge that he would be responsible for the death of his son. The old man would die knowing all of this was happening because of his greed and the crimes he committed in the past.

 

 

 

            It was wrong to allow evil men to continue living a life of comfort and prosperity. The number of their victims would just increase. The only reason he didn't kill Lee SooMan before he left Daeju before was because he wanted the old man to suffer and feel the pain of losing a loved one first. Jaejoong wanted him to realize why he had to pay for all of his crimes.

 

 

 

            Jaejoong didn't inject any poison in the dextrose tube. It was just plain water. But the old man believed it was poison. And the fear of dying should be enough to give him a real heart attack.

 

 

 

            Before Jaejoong reached the ground floor, he had gotten rid of his white coat and all disguises. The people in the reception desk were already talking of what happened to Lee SooMan. News travelled fast in this hospital when one of their high profiled patients expired. Jaejoong heard from the murmurings that the doctors failed to save the old man.

 

 

 

            As Jaejoong stepped out of the hospital's front door, his son’s car approaching. He was surprised not to feel the anger that had been inside him ever since his father died. It was part of his original plan to kill Lee Sooman son and Yunho or make them suffer. But it now seemed useless to make those two pay for the sins of Lee SooMan. He had also lost interest in the revenge business.

 

 

 

            Lee SooMan’s son got out of his car and began walking toward the hospital. He and Jaejoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter