CHAPTER 14

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            So-dam had chosen to become an assistant in a veterinary clinic. She would start reporting for work next week. After a month, she would enroll herself in a two-year course that would provide her the training she needed to become a medical secretary.

 

 

 

 

 

            This was the fifth day she hadn't seen Jaejoong. Today was also the day Mr. Cha promised her that he would give her a new name and all the identification papers and records she would be using for her new life. She felt excited while sitting on the suite's sofa and waiting for Mr. Cha to return. She tried watching TV to contain her excitement, but it was no use, she couldn't understand what was going on since her mind kept thinking what name Mr. Cha had chosen for her. And there was of course Jaejoong intruding her thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

            She turned toward the door when she heard it open. But instead of Mr. Cha, Jaejoong was the one who walked in! Her heart made a somersault. Jaejoong was wearing a thick leather jacket, making him look so masculine.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Get dressed, So-dam," he ordered her.

 

 

 

 

 

            So-dam could decline and argue with him. But the tone he used made it clear that he wasn't in the mood to argue.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Where are we going?"

 

 

 

 

 

            "We are going for a ride. So, dress casually."

 

 

 

 

 

            Were they also going to talk? Would they have a serious conversation about what happened to them the other night? But they could discuss that here in the suite. They also had a lot more privacy here.

 

 

 

 

 

            She decided to change into a blouse, jeans and a pair of rubber shoes. She had always preferred flip flops or rubber shoes. And even though high heels made her legs look good, she would never get used to wearing them. Unfortunately, Mr. Cha had bought her five pairs of high heels. Her wardrobe was now complete and she had enough to use for a month without repeating any of them.

 

 

 

 

 

            During the third and fourth day of Jaejoong's disappearance, Mr. Cha had taken her shopping. She had no idea what clothes to wear that could be considered proper in the city. When she was still in the ranch, she was used to wearing T-shirts, shorts and pants. She never liked the dresses bought by Mrs. Jin Kyung. Unlike Mrs. Jin Kyung, Mr. Cha didn't force her to wear the clothes he bought for her. He would usually let her choose among the dresses. He made sure she had the proper clothes to wear in whatever occasion she would find herself into.

 

 

 

 

 

 

            When Jaejoong and So-dam reached the hotel's parking lot, She noticed that they were walking toward a parked motorcycle. Jaejoong took one of the two helmets hanging on the motorcycle and gave it to her.

 

 

 

 

 

            "We are going to use that?"

 

 

 

 

 

            "We have a long ride, and I don't want us to get stuck in traffic. This motorcycle would help us get out of any traffic jam." He put on the other helmet and sat on the motorcycle.

 

 

 

 

 

            So-dam stopped asking and put on her own helmet. She sat behind Jaejoong and because there was nothing to hold on to, she was forced to put her arms around his waist.

 

 

 

 

 

            When Jaejoong the ignition of the motorcycle and they rolled toward the road, So-dam suddenly became self-conscious. She realized she was hugging him, and their bodies were close to each other. Just like when they kissed each other.

 

 

 

 

 

            It took them an hour before they reached their destination. They didn't talk during the ride, but she noticed that Jaejoong was quite adept on a motorcycle. He seamlessly zigzagged his way among the cars and vehicles caught in traffic. He never once lost his balance.

 

 

 

 

 

            It was already dark when Jaejoong parked the motorcycle at the back of a large house surrounded by a high fence made of iron grills.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Why are we here?" she asked.

 

 

 

 

 

            "You are good at climbing, right?" he asked.

 

 

 

 

 

            So-dam nodded. The only thing she wasn't able to climb in the ranch was the ten‑foot‑tall wall around it. It was useless to use a rope to get over that wall since the barbed wires on top of it had several volts of electricity running through it. Her uncle made sure, that no one would be able to steal any of the cows in the ranch and that the wall would also keep So-dam inside.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong pointed at the iron fence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

            "We need to climb that. And don't take off your helmet," he instructed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

            "So that no one would recognize me?" she inquired. Something was telling her that they were about to do something illegal. One hint was their climbing the fence at the back of the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

            "You wanted to know who I really am, right? You are also curious about the kind of job that I do?"

 

 

 

 

 

            She nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Then we need to go over that fence."

 

 

 

 

 

            She studied the iron grills. It must be eight feet tall. It also had several horizontal grills so those could be use as handholds and footholds.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter