Lonely Night Abroad

Our Vhope World

They were all rushing hurriedly through their dorm to finish packing and make sure to not forget anything. They had about 5 more minutes until their time would be up and Hoseok had just closed his suitcase. He let out a sigh, then slung his backpack over one of his shoulders and brought his stuff into the living room. Taehyung was standing in the kitchen eating an apple in comfortable sleeping clothes. He didn't have to pack, yet, because he was gonna leave a day later due to his drama filming. Hoseok went over to the kitchen and leaned beside Taehyung against the counter.

"Are you done packing?" Taehyung asked around a mouthful of his apple.

"Yeah. I hope I didn't forget anything." Hoseok answered and sighed. He felt bad leaving without Taehyung. This was an experience they should all start together and end together, but there was nothing they could do about that.

"How's the drama going?" Hoseok asked.

"Good." Taehyung said and smiled. "I'm just a little tired, because of the full schedule."

Hoseok gave him a small sympathetic smile and the back of his head. Although it was only gonna be one day until he'd see him again Hoseok already felt like he'd miss him a lot.

The other members started to rush into the living room with their bags and suitcases. When everything was set and ready they went outside with their stuff to drive to the airport. Taehyung walked them to the door and before leaving Hoseok gave him a short side hug.

"Take care." he said and Taehyung looked a little sad.

"See you tomorrow, Hyung." he said and then they had to go leaving Taehyung alone in the dorm.

 

 

Two flights and a bus ride later the boys were on their way to their apartment in Bergen, Norway. The nature looked absolutely beautiful and everyone was excited. When they had explored the apartment and the rooms a little they distributed the rooms. Hoseok ended up sharing a room with Taehyung which he would've wanted anyway. They were sharing a room with Jimin in the dorm, too, so they were used to it. Hoseok brought his stuff to the room and plopped down on the big bed. He'd have the bed to himself during that first night. He sighed and wished Taehyung was with them. He he'd been having trouble sleeping lately and couldn't sleep well alone. He had gotten used to having Taehyung next to him. It calmed him down. Hoseok pulled out his phone and contemplated whether he should text Taehyung, but decided against it.

"Hoseok!" he then heard someone call his name from the hall.

Yeah?!" Hoseok yelled back and got up from the bed to go see what was going on.

 

 

In the evening they sat together on the sofa in the living room, lazing around and listening to music.

"Tae texted me." Jimin suddenly exclaimed. Hoseok looked up curiously.

"What's he saying? Is he alright?" Namjoon asked without looking up from his phone. Although he made it sound nonchalant everyone knew that Namjoon was probably genuinely a little worried about Taehyung. He cared about him a lot and felt bad to leave him behind alone as the leader of the group.

"He says he feels weird to be alone in the dorm and feels a bit lonely." Jimin said. Everyone nodded in understanding. They were so used to always being together, so they could all relate to how Taehyung must've been feeling.

Hoseok felt even sadder then. He looked at his phone.

'Why did he text Jimin but not me?' Hoseok wondered in his head and absentmindedly bit his lip. He then got up and said: "I'll go take a walk, I need some fresh air."

The members nodded and responded with "Okay" and "See you later" and Hoseok then went to grab his jacket and beanie, before putting on his shoes. He put on his jacket and zipped it all the way up. He then put on his beanie and left the apartment. Once outside he just started to aimlessly walk around until he came to a river. He sat down next to the river and just watched it flow. He let out a sigh and fished out his phone. He opened his chat with Taehyung and texted him.

'Hey. Everything okay?'

Hoseok nervously played around with his phone while waiting for Taehyung's answer. He felt his heart jump when his phone vibrated.

'Yes. I just feel a little lonely.' was Taehyung's reply. He thought for a moment what to text and then just hit the call button holding the phone to his ear. After ringing a few times Taehyung picked up.

"Hyung?"

Hearing Taehyung's deep voice immediately relaxed Hoseok. He let out a happy sigh.

"Hey, Tae~"

"Why are you calling? Are you okay?" Taehyung asked and Hoseok smiled to himself. He was the one being left alone in Korea and yet he worried about Hoseok being okay.

"Yes. I just wanted to hear your voice and make sure you're okay."

"Thanks, hyung. How's it in Norway?"

"It's really nice. The nature is beautiful. I'm sitting by a river right now. You can really look forward to it." Hoseok said.

"I hope tomorrow comes fast. I want to be with you guys."

"I hope so, too." Hoseok silently said into the phone and looked down. It was silent for a moment.

"Did you divide rooms, yet?" Taehyung then asked.

"Yes. You're sharing a room with me." Hoseok answered.

"That's good....I hope I can sleep tonight. It feels weird to sleep alone in the dorm. I don't like it."

"I'll keep a free space in my bed for you." Hoseok said and Taehyung giggled into the phone. Hoseok felt his heart warm up from the sound.

"I don't like sleeping alone either." Hoseok added. There was a moment of silence again.

"I wish you were here." Hoseok said as he fidgeted a little nervously waiting for Taehyung's answer.

"Me, too." Taehyung said. Hoseok could hear the thumps of his heart in his ears and felt a sudden shiver run through him.

"What are you doing right now?" He then asked.

"I'm trying to cook something for dinner."

"You're trying?" Hoseok asked and chuckled a little.

"Yeah. Ain't really working the way I expected it to." Taehyung said and Hoseok had to laugh.

"Don't burn down our dorm."

"I'll try." Taehyung answered and chuckled, too.

"Hyung, my food's ready, well, if you can call it food, so I'll eat now. See you tomorrow, okay?" Taehyung added and Hoseok felt a little sad.

"Okay. See you then." He responded and was about to end the call.

"And hyung?" he then heard Taehyung say. He hurriedly put the phone back to his ear.

"Yes?"

"Sleep well, okay?" Taehyung said in a cute tone. Hoseok had to smile.

"You, too."

"Are you really gonna leave a space for me tonight?"

"Of course." Hoseok said.

"Thank you." Taehyung answered and then they ended the call. Hoseok stayed at the river for a little while longer until it got too cold and then made his way back to the apartment.

A while later most of the members had already gone to bed. Hoseok was sitting on his bed after washing up and putting on comfortable clothes for sleeping. He turned the lights off and put his phone away. He lied down on one side of the bed, leaving a space for Taehyung as he slipped under the blanket. He then turned his body sideways and let his hand slide over the free space on the mattress. He didn't sleep well that night.

 

 

Hoseok hadn't gotten much sleep that night so he was pretty tired during the day, but their tour to the top of the mountain distracted him a little and the fresh air made him feel better.

Taehyung was supposed to join them during the afternoon so Hoseok had something to look forward to. When they were sitting together in a restaurant to eat dinner, one of the staffs said that they had gotten a message from Taehyung.

"There are complications and his flights are delayed for a few hours, so he'll be joining us later than expected. We'll keep in touch with him and update you."

The members looked a little sad and worried.

"I hope he'll get here without too much trouble." Namjoon said and the others nodded in agreement.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" Jungkook asked.

"I hope so." Namjoon answered, but didn't look so sure.

 

Later during the evening they were at their apartment when they got a call from the staff telling them that there had been more complications and that Taehyung would probably arrive sometime during the night. They told them not to worry and go to bed, because it wasn't sure when exactly he'd arrive, but that was easier said than done.

Hoseok stayed in his room until the other members had gone to bed. Only Jungkook was sleeping on the couch, but he was deep in sleep so he didn't notice when Hoseok went into the living room and sat down at the table to wait for Taehyung. He occupied himself with his phone and hours went by. He was getting more and more tired, but he wanted to be there when Taehyung arrived. He must've been exhausted after all those delays and complications, but Hoseok didn't want him to feel forgotten or ignored and he couldn't sleep well without him anyway, so he waited. Sometime between 1 and 2am Hoseok heard the door open and got up from his seat. The light in the hallway went on and he walked over. Taehyung looked up when he heard footsteps and saw Hoseok standing in the hallway.

"You're still awake?" Taehyung asked silently.

"I waited for you." Hoseok said. Taehyung put down his backpack and they simultaneously closed the distance between them wrapping each other in a tight hug. Hoseok let out a relieved sigh. It felt so good to be with him again. Taehyung pressed his face into the side of Hoseok's neck and Hoseok closed his eyes enjoying the feeling as he rubbed one of his hands up and down his back. Taehyung let out a sigh and slung his arms around Hoseok's neck.

"Are you okay?" Hoseok whispered and felt Taehyung nod his head. Taehyung rubbed his nose against Hoseok's skin and Hoseok smiled.

"Are you hungry?" He then asked.

"No." Taehyung mumbled. "I just wanna wash up and go to bed."

"Okay. Come on, let's go." Hoseok said and reluctantly pulled out of their embrace to take his suitcase and his bag. He carried them to their shared room and Taehyung followed him. Taehyung tiredly rubbed his eyes before taking some things out of his suitcase.

"Where's the bathroom?" he asked silently and Hoseok explained it to him. While Taehyung was in the bathroom, Hoseok already sat down in bed playing with his phone. A few minutes later Taehyung returned to the room in comfortable sleeping clothes after washing up. Hoseok put his phone away and lay down sideways facing Taehyung who turned off the light and climbed on the bed. Hoseok lifted the big blanket and spread out his arm. Taehyung crawled in next to him with his back towards Hoseok, laying his head on his spread-out arm. Hoseok covered him with the blanket and wrapped his arm around his waist pulling him close. Taehyung snuggled against him, because he was so warm and let out a pleased sigh.

"I missed you." Hoseok mumbled as he placed a gentle kiss on the nape of Taehyung's neck.

"I missed you, too." Taehyung answered as he put his hand over Hoseok's.

"Good night."

"Good night."

They both fell asleep quite fast. That night, Hoseok slept better than he had in weeks.