Scenery

Our Vhope World

The first time, the certain male had coincidentally walked into Taehyung's camera line, the young photographer had nearly dropped the most expensive piece of equipment he owned. He immediately lowered his camera and searched for what had thrown him off-guard. Or rather who. He had to see it for himself, with his own eyes, to believe that the man with the bright smile was real.

Taehyung had had all kinds of people in front of his lens before. People of any age, gender and nationality, whether it be an old couple that had been married for longer than they could remember or a child that was just playing carefree in a park. But no one had ever thrown him into such a confusing inner turmoil, than the man with the heart-shaped smile that seemed to fill his whole face with joy.

He had no idea how long he'd been staring, but when the man turned away to leave, Taehyung broke out of his rigor. He needed to take a picture of him, he had to. But as he scrambled to lift his camera and follow him, he stumbled over his bag and fell. He tightly held onto the camera and let out a relieved sigh when he had made sure that it had taken no harm. Then he quickly scrambled back to his feet and looked around, but the man was gone, nowhere to be seen. Taehyung felt his heart drop to the floor.

He had no idea, who the man was, where he came from or where he had gone. What if he was just a tourist or a visitor who didn't even live here. What if...he'd never see him again? He couldn't even take a picture. All he had was his memory.

Every night when he closed his eyes, the man's face appeared in his mind and planted a smile on his face.

 

 

Weeks. Weeks went by. And every day, Taehyung went back to that place, holding onto the small hope that maybe someday they would cross paths again. He took pictures of so many people in that park, but no one elicited quite the same feeling than that stranger had.

One day, just like the others, Taehyung was sitting by the fountain, looking through the pictures he had taken so far on that day. It was a nice spring day, the sun was shining and it was warm, it was a perfect day and Taehyung was in a good mood. As he looked through his camera, he heard a distinctive laugh and looked around, raising his camera to search for his next object. His heart skipped a few beats when his camera found what he'd been looking for the whole time.

There he was again. That man that had done something to Taehyung's heart, he couldn't quite understand yet himself. He immediately took a few photos, feeling his chest fill with a warmth. When the man suddenly turned his head a little and looked right into Taehyung's camera, he gasped and lowered his camera whereupon their eyes met. The stranger smiled and looked over at him curiously. Taehyung felt his cheeks burn and his mouth fell open. He couldn't move and when the stranger suddenly walked over to him, his heart started beating erratically in his chest. He scrambled to his feet and soon the man was standing right in front of him in flesh and blood. Taehyung couldn't help staring at him as he nervously tried to explain himself.

I-..uhm I'm s-sorry, I didn't-, I mean, I can delete it if you w-want.” He babbled, his cheeks flushing further as the man just broke into a wide smile.

No, really, it's fine. I was just curious. Can I see it?” The man asked and his voice was even more charming than his smile. Taehyung's eyes widened.

Y-Yeah, of course!” he said and turned the camera towards him so he could see the pictures. The man stepped a little closer and looked fascinated.

Wow, these are great, you're a pretty good photographer! Is this your hobby or do you do this for a living?” The stranger asked and looked at him with interest. Taehyung got flustered and bit his lip with a small smile.

Thank you! I do this for a living, it's not always that easy, but it's enough to get by.” he spluttered and the man eyed him for a few moments, just staring at him. There was something about the photographer that made him feel a little fuzzy. Taehyung dared to look back into the man's eyes and they both inhaled shakily before the man extended his hand.

I'm Hoseok by the way. What's your name?”

Taehyung's heart happily buzzed in his chest. Finally he had a name to the face that had been haunting his dreams.

I'm Taehyung.” he answered and smiled his wide boxy smile as he shook his hand. Hoseok didn't let go of his hand though and rubbed his neck as he bit his lip with a smile.

Dammit, I don't usually go like a bull at a gate like this, but I-...I don't know, can I take you up for lunch or coffee or something? I'd...like to get to know you.”

Taehyung's heart nearly jumped out of his chest and he looked at Hoseok with a flustered face.

I'd love that...” he blurted out and Hoseok's smile grew even brighter if that was even possible as he let go of his hand.

Are you free right now?” Hoseok asked and Taehyung nodded eagerly.

Yes, of course, I just need to pack up my stuff.” he said and packed up his camera equipment. Hoseok watched him fondly and when Taehyung was done and slung his bag over his shoulder, he said: “I know a good place around here.”

Taehyung nodded and they started walking side by side.

What do you do for a living?” Taehyung asked curiously and looked at him.

Oh, I just work at one of the fitness studios in town, doing all kinds of sports, you know.” Hoseok answered and Taehyung couldn't help eyeing him up for a brief second, imagining how toned he must be and how he'd look without any clothes on. He then immediately scolded himself and blushed a little. Goddammit, what was he thinking ?!

Is that your thing? Do you like sports?” Taehyung asked genuinely interested while still trying to keep his thoughts together.

Yeah, I guess so. I mostly love dancing, but basically do everything there. You could come over some time if you want, I'm also a personal trainer there and give private lessons.” Hoseok said and playfully bumped his shoulder against Taehyung's, quite obviously flirting. Taehyung grinned and bit his lip. “Do I look that unathletic ?” he teased and chuckled. Hoseok smiled and looked over at him. “No, you look perfectly fine~” he cooed and Taehyung smiled to himself.

Thanks...” he said, trying to keep his fluttering heart in check. “A private lesson with you doesn't sound bad, though.” he flirted back and their eyes met, both unable to stop the grins on their faces as they felt the sparks flying between them. Hoseok led them out of the park and towards a familiar area. When they stopped at a small cozy café, Taehyung's eyes lit up.

No way, I love this place.” he exclaimed. Hoseok looked at him in surprise.

Really? Me, too. I have only recently discovered it, but I go here often.” he said and Taehyung looked back at him. “It's weird that we've never met before then.” he mumbled and Hoseok agreed, finding it hard to tear his eyes away from Taehyung's face. When he finally managed to do it, he gently grabbed Taehyung's arm and opened the door for him.

Oh, a gentleman, too.” Taehyung playfully said as he entered the café. Hoseok entered after him and stepped close for just a moment, leaning close as he whispered:

Maybe not always, though.”

Taehyung blushed and Hoseok pulled back, searching for a small table in the back of the café. The younger male followed him there and they sat down opposite each other. They both took one of the small menu cards, although both of them already knew what they'd order. Soon they put it down and a waitress came to take their orders. They both smiled at her, because they were regular guests and already knew her. After ordering they started talking about everything they were curious about each other. It felt utterly natural and they never even once fell into an awkward silence or anything of the sort. Their eyes locked more than once and they could feel the electricity in the air.

Hours later, when their plates and cups were empty, Taehyung looked outside the window.

Oh, the sun is already setting!” he stated and Hoseok reached over the table to lay his hand over Taehyung's, his fingers tenderly caressing his.

Can I walk you home?” he asked and Taehyung got goosebumps from his touch, only managing to nod. They then payed and got up, walking to the exit. Hoseok once again held the door open for Taehyung and the younger one smiled widely as he passed him and stepped outside.

Let me just take a quick shot of that.” he mumbled and pulled out his camera to take a picture of the sunset. Hoseok stood by and watched him with a smile. The sunset was beautiful, but Taehyung easily outshone it. The warm light of the setting sun glowed on his face and Hoseok felt his chest clench at how breathtaking he looked. Taehyung then quickly put his camera away again and turned to Hoseok.

Alright let's go.” he said and was a bit perplexed to find Hoseok staring at him with a slight smile. “W-What is it?”

Without saying a word, Hoseok approached him, sliding his hands up to Taehyung's neck before he leaned in and pressed their lips together. Taehyung's eyes fell shut and he inhaled shakily as he melted into the kiss, pressing his soft lips back to Hoseok's. The older male gently brushed his thumbs over Taehyung's neck as he stepped even closer and kissed him slow and sweet.

Taehyung felt like his knees were gonna give in, so he slung his arms around Hoseok's neck and the other slid his hands down his chest before wrapping his arms around his waist, bringing him closer as he deepened the kiss just a little. It wasn't long before they had to pull away for air. Taehyung's cheeks were rosier than ever, but thanks to the light of the sunset, it wasn't too obvious.

Sorry I...I had to...” Hoseok mumbled and Taehyung looked at him with his beautiful eyes, shyly tangling his fingers in the man's hair. Hoseok's eyes roamed all over his face that was still so close. He leaned in just a little to let their noses touch.

Sorry for attacking you like this...” he mumbled and Taehyung smiled happily, his heart going crazy in his chest.

It's okay...I-...I'm glad you did.” he said and they just stared at each other for a few more moments before they pulled apart except for their hands that laced together and stayed connected as they started walking towards Taehyung's home. They stayed silent, both being too happy and overwhelmed to bring out any words until they stepped up to Taehyung's front door. Their hands parted only for them to pull out their phones so they could exchange numbers.

After putting their phones away, Taehyung fumbled with his keys and stepped up to Hoseok, leaning in to press a kiss to his lips. He was about to pull away when Hoseok wrapped his arms around him and kissed him back eagerly. Taehyung gripped at the other's shirt and parted his lips, going pliant from the taste of the other's lips on his and his strong arms around him. Hoseok let out a pleased noise and deepened the kiss further. Taehyung shuddered and pressed against him as he tangled his fingers in his hair again, releasing silent happy noises as they lost themselves in their kiss. After a while Hoseok pulled away only to trail gentle kisses along Taehyung's jaw, who was panting softly.

We should stop now, before I forget about being a gentleman~” Hoseok mumbled against his skin and Taehyung giggled softly before they finally managed to pull apart.

I hope I can see you again soon...” Hoseok mumbled and Taehyung nodded happily.

Me too...”

Hoseok then leaned in once more to kiss his head. “Goodnight, Tae...” he cooed.

Goodnight, Hoseok.” Taehyung answered and got inside his apartment, his heart nearly exploding from the affection he had received. And it wasn't gonna be the last time he felt that way...