Changes

Our Vhope World

It had been different for a while already. Taehyung wasn't just that cute dongsaeng anymore. He had grown into such a stunningly beauitful wonderful young man and Hoseok could feel the shift in his own feelings for the boy. It had changed, slowly but gradually and it terrified him a little. Sometimes when he looked at him, Taehyung's beauty and his own strong feelings overwhelmed him so much that he had to look away. Everytime Taehyung got close he got scared, so he started avoiding him. He forced himself to not let their eyes meet, but secretly had to sneak glances at him when he didn't look and he started to avoid standing near Taehyung when they were in public. It was subtle and unremarkable at first, but when it had gotten to the point of him flinching away when Taehyung touched him, Taehyung and the other members started noticing it, too. At first he thought that Hoseok just had a bad day, but when it kept happening, he got irritated and it started eating at him. And it wasn't only like that in public, Hoseok was acting different at the dorm, too. Although, they both had a bed of their own in their shared room with Jimin, they had often shared Hoseok's big bed together in the past, but that hadn't happened in a while. Hoseok didn't ask him to come sleep with him anymore and with the way Hoseok had been acting lately Taehyung didn't dare to ask him either. He wondered if he had done something wrong or upset him, so one day he decided to give it a try and test Hoseok's reaction.

Jimin was in Jungkook's room playing video games and Taehyung was sitting on his bunk bed scrolling through his phone waiting for Hoseok to come back from the bathroom. The only source of light was the dim light coming from his bedside lamp. He was nervous. He didn't know how this would go and he was a little afraid to get disappointed. He then heard the door open and Hoseok came into the room wearing comfortable sleeping clothes. He didn't spare Taehyung a glance and walked to his bed. He then put his phone on his bedside table and climbed into bed.

'Now or Never' Taehyung thought and put his own phone away before grabbing his pillow and getting up clutching it tight in his arms, because he was nervous. He approached Hoseok's bed and stopped in front of it.

Hoseok hyung?” he said tentatvely. Hoseok looked up surprised. His heart skipped a beat when he saw him standing there clutching his pillow and looking at him like a shy puppy.

Yeah?” he answered and tried his best to keep his voice from quivering.

Taehyung looked at his feet before looking back up at him as he said: “Can I come sleep with you?”

Hoseok's heart fluttered and it took him a moment to pick up the courage to answer. He cleared his throat and looked somewhere else rubbing his neck as he said: “Not today, Taehyung. I'm really tired and need my space.”

Okay. Goodnight.” Taehyung said and dashed out of their room before Hoseok could say anything else. Taehyung went to the living room and lay down on the couch snuggling into his pillow, but he felt wide awake and upset. Why was Hoseok doing this to him? Did he not like him anymore? He felt confused and hurt. When had things changed between them and why?!

Hoseok lay down in his bed, but he felt too troubled to fall asleep. His thoughts about Taehyung kept him awake for hours until exhaustion finally took over and let him drift off to sleep.

 

 

When Hoseok woke up it was already starting to dawn. He yawned and got up to go to the bathroom. When he looked over at the bunk bed, he saw Jimin sleeping in the top bunk, but the bottom bunk was empty. He frowned and then silently left their room. He then walked through the living room to get to the bathroom, but stopped abruptly when he saw Taehyung lying on the couch curled up sleeping without a blanket. He sighed and turned around silently sneaking back into their room to get Taehyung's blanket. He then walked back to the couch and covered him with the blanket. Taehyung let out a pleased sigh and snuggled into the blanket. Hoseok silently sat down on the floor next to the couch and just looked at his peaceful sleeping face for a while. Even as he slept he looked so adorable and beautiful.

I'm sorry...” Hoseok whispered and hesitatingly brushed his hair out of his face. After a while he got up and went to the bathroom to pee. On his way back to their room he sneaked another glance at Taehyung before going back to bed.

 

 

Taehyung woke up to the sound of people walking around and things clattering in the kitchen. He slowly opened his eyes looking around confused wondering why he was in the living room. He then remembered what had happened and sat up rubbing his eyes. He frowned as he noticed that he was covered by his blanket. He was sure he had only brought his pillow to the couch. Had Jimin seen him and brought it? Or Hoseok? No...probably not Hoseok. His chain of thoughts was interrupted when Namjoon walked over.

Oh, you're awake!” he said and smiled softly. Taehyung looked up at him with only one eye open still not fully awake. Namjoon chuckled and sat down next to him.

Hey...why did you sleep on the couch?” he asked. Taehyung sighed.

Did you fight?” Namjoon asked.

Hm?” Taehyung answered.

Hoseok and you. Did you fight?”

No, not really...it's complicated.” Taehyung said and wrapped his arms around his pillow as he buried his face in it.

Okay...if you wanna talk about it, you know I'm here alright?” Namjoon said and Taehyung nodded. He then got up and walked back to the kitchen. Taehyung heard another door open and instinctively looked up and met Hoseok's eyes who had just walked out of their shared room. Hoseok looked away immediately like he always did nowadays and walked to the bathroom. When he had closed the door behind him Taehyung sighed and just sat there for a while longer before getting up and carrying his pillow and blanket back into their room. He put them down on his bed and silently went over to the cupboard to get a comfortable hoodie. He put it on and then walked back out of the room almost colliding with Hoseok. Taehyung looked at him startled and a little bashful.

Sorry.” Hoseok mumbled and pushed past him into their room. Taehyung felt like crying. He hated this. He then went to the bathroom to pee and wash up and then went to the kitchen sitting down next to Jin. Yoongi and Namjoon were preparing breakfast and Jungkook then waddled into the kitchen tiredly rubbing his eyes and greeting everyone lazily before sitting down on the other side of Jin. Taehyung was pretty tired, too. The night hadn't exactly been the best and his mind and body didn't feel like they had rested at all. He put his hands into the pockets of his hoodie and let his head fall on Jin's shoulder closing his eyes. A few moments later he heard everyone mumble another “Morning.” so he opened his eyes and saw Hoseok and Jimin entering the kitchen and sitting down on the opposite side of the table. Jimin yawned and rubbed his eyes. Hoseok ruffled his hair with a smile on his face as he sat down next to him. Taehyung stared at him. What had he done wrong? Hoseok was still being nice to his other dongsaengs except for him. It was tugging at his heart. Hoseok had always somehow been someone special to him and he looked up to him. It was making him sad that Hoseok seemed to be distancing himself from him.

Hoseok noticed Taehyung leaning on Jin's shoulder, snuggling up to his side and it made his heart ache. He missed Taehyung so much. He missed having contact with him, touching him, laughing with him, everything. But he was so scared of his feelings that he thought that avoiding Taehyung was the best solution. He had no idea what he was doing to both of them.

 

 

Weeks went by and it stayed the same. Taehyung had to watch Hoseok being normal and nice with everyone else, staying close to Yoongi and Jimin and he started backing out from everyone. He still smiled in public and kept up his joyful image, but back at the dorm it was obvious that something was wrong.

One day after working at the studio together, Yoongi and Namjoon said they'd stay and work on some rap. Jin and Jungkook also stayed to work on their singing. Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok walked out of the studio. Taehyung was walking ahead and Jimin and Hoseok were behind him talking. He just zoned out and didn't even listen to what they were talking about.

Hey, Tae! Did you hear what I said?” Jimin called and pulled him out of his thoughts. He turned around.

Hm?”

Hoseok and I want to go eat something. Do you want to come, too?” Jimin asked, but when Taehyung saw Hoseok's facial expression, he didn't feel like joining them.

Nah, thanks, I'm not hungry, I'll go back to the dorm.”

You sure?” Jimin asked.

Yeah. Have fun.” Taehyung said and they separated. He felt tears well up. It was suddenly just all too much. Tears were already rolling down his cheeks as he entered their empty dorm. He took off his shoes and went to their room. He let himself fall on Hoseok's bed as a sob escaped his throat. His hands fisted into the blanket and he buried his face in his pillow as he let the tears flow freely. Hoseok's scent was everywhere on the bed making it all worse. Taehyung kept crying into Hoseok's pillow until exhaustion took over.

 

 

Jimin and Hoseok entered the dorm and took off their shoes.

I'll go see if Jin and Jungkook are back, yet.” Jimin said and walked off.

Okay.” Hoseok answered and walked to their own room opening the door. He startled a little when he saw Taehyung lying on his bed. He closed the door and approached his bed. Taehyung was sleeping. His face was a little red and his hands were fisted into the blanket. Hoseok frowned. Had he cried? Was he alright? He sat down on the bed and leaned over to carefully wake Taehyung up. After nudgind him a few times Taehyung slowly opened his eyes. When he saw Hoseok he startled and sat up.

Taehyung, you should go sleep in your bed, you look tired.” Hoseok said and got up. Taehyung's heart ached.

Hyung?” he said in a shaky voice.

Yeah?”

Did I do something wrong? Did I upset you?” Taehyung asked and looked at him with sad eyes.

What?” Hoseok asked confused. All the feelings from earlier seemed to come up again in Taehyung and he felt tears well up a second time.

P-Please tell me what I did wrong so I can fix this!” Taehyung said as the first tear rolled down his cheek. Hoseok was shocked. He felt like someone was clenching his heart. He didn't know what to say and Taehyung kept crying desperately.

Do you not like me anymore?” Taehyung asked and sobbed.

What? Taehyung, no!” Hoseok said, but was still unsure what to do.

Then why are you being like this? Y-You act like you hate me. What did I do? Please, h-hyung, tell me!” Taehyung brought out shaky in between his sobs and Hoseok couldn't take it anymore. His heart was breaking from seeing him like that. He overcame the distance between them with just a few steps and pulled him into his arms. Taehyung buried his head in his neck and clawed his hands into Hoseok's shirt as he wrapped his arms around his shaking body.

It's not you, Taehyung! You did nothing wrong, it's all me.” Hoseok said as he Taehyung's head to calm him down.

I-I don't understand.” Taehyung said and sobbed again pressing himself more against Hoseok. He had missed it so much, feeling Hoseok's secure arms around him, feeling his body against his.

I'm avoiding you, because...” Hoseok started and sighed.

Because I don't know what I'll do if I don't.” Hoseok aspirated and admitted that to himself for the first time.

What?” Taehyung asked and looked up at him with a confused expression. Even with a tear-stained face, all Hoseok saw was beauty. He let one of his hands slide to Taehyung's cheek wiping away the tears.

I...I'm afraid you've become more than just a dongsaeng to me.” Hoseok said and felt his heart beat nervously in his chest. Taehyung still couldn't quite grasp what Hoseok was trying to say. Hoseok's fingers wandered to Taehyung's full pink lips and he let his thumb over his bottom lip. Taehyung's breath got caught in his throat as he looked up into Hoseok's eyes and realized that hate was nowhere to be seen in them.

I stayed away from you, because I want to touch you more than I should. I wanted to be with you so badly that it scared me.” Hoseok said and Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. Hoseok leaned his forehead against Taehyung's and closed his eyes trying to collect himself. Taehyung hesitatingly slid his arms around his neck and caressed the back of his neck. Goosebumps spread over Hoseok's body and he opened his eyes again looking back at Taehyung, not being able to hide his emotions in them anymore. Taehyung felt his heart flutter when he looked back into his intense eyes. Hoseok wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist pulling him closer.

Hoseok's eyes flickered down to Taehyung's lips and his heart beat fast because of how close their faces were.

I-...damnit Tae, I don't think I can-” Hoseok started, but couldn't finish his sentence, because Taehyung had pulled him in for a kiss pressing his lips against Hoseok's. His eyes fluttered shut and a desperate sound escaped his throat before he responded to the kiss. Taehyung's fingers slid into his hair as they shyly explored each other's lips. Hoseok pulled him flush against his body as he deepened the kiss slightly on Taehyung's lip. A soft sigh escaped Taehyung's mouth and Hoseok just wanted to drown in his taste. When they broke the kiss for air both letting out shaky breaths Taehyung leaned his forehead against Hoseok's.

H-Hyung...I feel the same.”

Really?” Hoseok asked.

You're never been just a hyung to me...” Taehyung whispered and Hoseok felt like his heart might burst out of his chest any second. He then smiled and pulled Taehyung into another kiss.