Just Roommates?

Our Vhope World

They were collage roommates and they were utter opposites. Taehyung was a model student, wearing neat clothes, going to all of his classes and studying a lot in his free time. Hoseok was a hard contrast to that. He was spending more times at college parties and lazing around than he spent time actually attending his classes. His clothing style was a bit crazy and his hair was always a bit curly and messy. They got a long well, but they were just roommates, nothing more, nothing less. But one time, they got into a little fight. Taehyung had been stressed because exams were coming up and Hoseok was acting a bit more excessive than usual so they ended up clashing. Taehyung was going on about Hoseok's lifestyle and Hoseok ended up saying that he was the most normal and boring person he'd ever met, that he didn't know what fun was and dared him to live a little. Taehyung was huffy after that comment and they stopped talking, but Hoseok's words were still kind of nagging at the back of Taehyung's mind.

A few hours later, Hoseok threw on some fresh clothes and left without a word. He went to the big party that was going down that evening at the other end of the campus. Taehyung knew where he was going, because he had told him about his plans.

Hoseok's words had really struck him, so after contemplating for a bit, he dropped his pen, closed his books and called his friend Jimin for some styling help. He was rummaging through his clothes when Jimin came in with a bag in his hand.

Thank god you're here...” Taehyung said and sighed. Jimin giggled and asked: “Where do we start?”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

About half an hour later Taehyung stepped outside of his dorm room and locked the door. His hair wasn't straight and neatly brushed as always, it was falling into his face in messy locks now and he had put on some eyeliner to highlight his eyes. He was wearing a thin choker around his neck and a black shirt that had patches of animal print sewed on it and it had rips on the shoulders. His outfit was completed by ripped red jeans and boots.

Go get it tiger!” Jimin said and laughed before leaving. Taehyung smiled at him brightly and then started walking to the party. He was getting more and more nervous as he got closer and could already hear the music. He really wasn't at parties often and he felt even more insecure going alone, but Jimin had plans and couldn't go with him. How big was the party gonna be? What if he wouldn't even meet Hoseok there? What if he was gonna be awkward? Did the outfit really look good on him?!

His mind couldn't stop circling around these questions when he suddenly found himself at the entrance to the party. Some people were already scattered around the entrance talking and laughing or making out. Taehyung took a deep breath and went inside. The music was really loud and there were a lot of people. He took a first look around, but couldn't spot Hoseok, so he decided to get a drink first. Maybe this would be easier with some alcohol in his system.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hoseok had felt bad after being mean to Taehyung, but he had been stressing around and being annoying and Hoseok was a bit too proud to apologize to him. At least just yet.

He went to the party to distract himself and cheer up, but it didn't quite work as good as he had hoped. Just when he had decided to leave, downing the rest of his drink and turning to go, he bumped into someone. “Sorry.” he mumbled, but when he looked up to see who it was hs jaw dropped to the ground.

Taehyung?!” he asked looking at him completely flabbergasted, because the boy standing in front of him wasn't the Taehyung he knew. His outfit, his hair, his eyes...Hoseok was speechless. He knew Taehyung was good-looking, but this...this just brought him to a completely different level. Hoseok was stunned.

What the hell?” was all he brought out and Taehyung's cheeks that were already flushed from the amount of alcohol he had consumed turned even redder as he staggered a little.

Who's boring now huh?” he murmured as he tried to maintain his balance.

Are you drunk?” Hoseok asked.

Maybeeee.” Taehyung said and giggled a little. Taehyung then pushed past him and joined the dancing crowd. Hoseok looked after him, not sure whether the whole thing was real. Taehyung was dancing with a bright smile and it just looked intriguing. Hoseok couldn't take his eyes off of him. He felt a bit strange when he saw a hot guy approaching Taehyung and then starting to dance with him. The guy slid his arms around his waist from behind and Taehyung looked a bit surprised. Then the guy seemed to tighten his grip and grind up against him and Taehyung was clearly looking uncomfortable now and trying to escape his grip. Hoseok saw the panic in his face and felt anger flare up. He pushed through the mass of people and made his way to them. He grabbed the guy by his shirt and hauled him off of Taehyung. He then grabbed his collar and pulled him close looking at him threateningly.

off!” Hoseok spat and pushed him away roughly. The guy cursed but walked away and Hoseok turned to Taehyung who was looking down embarrassed. Hoseok stepped closer and tilted his head searching for his eyes.

Are you okay?” he asked and Taehyung just nodded. Hoseok sighed and grabbed his hand pulling him out of the crowd and then outside of the building into the cool air of the night. Taehyung staggered a bit, because he was still quite drunk and Hoseok put an arm around his waist to support him. Taehyung threw an arm around his neck and smiled at him.

Wheeeere are we gooooing?~” he asked and giggled again. Hoseok shook his head and couldn't help smiling too.

We're going home. You had enough of this party. Time to go.” Hoseok said and started walking. Taehyung stumbled and walked with him. They stayed silent for a while, but then Taehyung began to hum a melody and started swaying as he walked, making it harder for Hoseok to maintain their balance and hold him.

Taehyung, what are you doing?”

Taehyung laughed and started singing, leaning towards Hoseok and stumbling. Hoseok caught him and shook his head with a smile on his face.

Tae, you really didn't have to do this...”

What?” Taehyung asked with a completely clueless face. Hoseok chuckled and gestured over his outfit.

This...and the party...you really don't have to prove anything to me...I'm sorry for what I said...I didn't mean it like that.” Hoseok said as they kept walking. Taehyung stayed silent.

So I'm not boring?” Taehyung murmured after a while in a cute drunk voice.

No, you're not. I actually like it that we're so different. It would be much more boring if I was rooming with someone who's just like me.” Hoseok said and playully bumped against him. Taehyung laughed adorably and leaned more into Hoseok's side as they kept walking.

I'm sorry for what I said, too...It's none of my business how you live your life and I'm actually a bit envious of it.”

Really?”

Mhm~” Taehyung murmured and started singing again. Hoseok chuckled and then Taehyung aprubtly stopped walking.

Hoseok!” Taehyung said and looked up at the sky.

What is it?”

The stars!”

What about them?”

They're beautiful!”

Hoseok laughed. “Yes they are.”

Taehyung let go of Hoseok and reeled towards the grass plopping down on it.

Come here, Hoseok! Let's look at them!” Taehyung said with sparkling eyes and a wide happy smile on his face. Hoseok sighed and shook his head, but sat down next to him. Taehyung stared up into the sky fascinated, but Hoseok could only look at him. He wasn't sure whether he had ever seen him this happy and he thought that it was a pity that he didn't see him smile like this more often.

Without really noticing it, his own face had turned into a wide smile, too, as he looked at Taehyung. The other somehow sensed his gaze on him and suddenly tore his eyes away from the stars to look at Hoseok, his eyes meeting his. Hoseok suddenly felt drunk, too. He couldn't stop his eyes from roaming over Taehyung's beautiful face and he felt a strange longing that hadn't been there before.

Taehyung seemed to feel similar, too, because he suddenly scooted closer to Hoseok and looked at him with hazy eyes. Hoseok felt the other's body press against his shoulder and somehow his defense just dropped.

He turned to Taehyung and trailed his fingers to his neck, gently pulling him closer. Taehyung's cheeks flushed a little and he looked at Hoseok with big eyes. Hoseok leaned closer until their breaths mingled and he stared back into Taehyung's eyes, as if he was silently asking for pemission.

Taehyung's breath hitched and he suddenly gripped at Hoseok's shirt, trying to bring his body closer to his own and that was enough for Hoseok. He closed the last distance and captured Taehyung's soft lips in a kiss. A small sound escaped Taehyung's mouth before he pressed his lips back against Hoseok's.

God, if Hoseok had known how good Taehyung's lips felt and tasted, he would've done this way earlier. He pulled the other closer and Taehyung was still clinging to his shirt as they started to move their lips against each other's, exploring their lips desirously. Hoseok sighed into the kiss and softly nibbled on Taehyung's bottom lip, worming a small pleased sound out of his mouth. He turned more towards him and tugged at his hips longingly, to pull Taehyung on his lap, to have him closer. Taehyung released a shaky breath and let him pull him on his lap. He immediately slid his arms around Hoseok's neck and the other wrapped his arms securely around his waist as they lost themselves in the kiss. Hoseok couldn't get enough of Taehyung's lips and held him close while the other caressed his hair. They made out for a while, until they both needed a break. Their lips broke apart and Hoseok wrapped his arms tighter around Taehyung's waist as he let himself fall back into the grass. Taehyung giggled and nuzzled his face into Hoseok's neck. The other rubbed his hands over his back and smiled. He was still not quite sure the whole evening was real.

They just stayed like that and exchanged caresses and little touches while talking about trivial things until they eventually fell asleep in that comfortable state.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When they woke up on the grass in the middle of the campus the next morning, they both smiled at each other and mumbled a soft: “Morning~”

After that night, Taehyung and Hoseok were never 'just roommates' again...