No Future

Our Vhope World

author-note: Hey Guys, this one may seem a bit random to you, but I had an experience a few weeks back that I somehow needed to deal with, so I sat down and wrote this. I didn't add which one of the characters is Hoseok and who is Taehyung in this one, so you can decide that based on your own preferences.

Anyway, I hope you still somehow like it. <3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The rest of us gathered at one of the long rows of tables. He was sitting a few seats away from me with people sitting in between. I didn't even look at him, but the tension between us was clear and strong in the air. I hadn't drank much, but I still felt it anyway. It was just slightly buzzing inside of me. Alcohol somehow always seemed to intensify my feelings, no matter which ones.

I hadn't slept well the days before, lying awake all night, because my mind wouldn't stop thinking about what had happened. And during the day it bothered me, too. I wanted to do something, talk to him, just see him, but I felt like it wasn't a good idea and I didn't know how my heart would react especially after downing a few. Just the thought of locking eyes with him made my heart beat nervously after what had happened between us, but this one persistent thought just wouldn't let my mind rest:

This had no future. We had no future.

It wasn't necessarily like I wanted a future with him, but the image of it still lingered in my mind and I wasn't sure whether I should feel regretful or not. I just didn't know what I wanted. And I didn't know what he wanted from me. I had never ever expected this to actually happen between us, but it had. We could blame it on the alcohol, but I knew that wasn't all. We could say it was just a matter of attraction, just ual want, but the way he had touched me, the way he had held my hand and kissed my head as he said: “Good night.”, it just didn't leave me alone. My mind was filled with all the images of that night and I couldn't chase them away. I could still hear him whisper all these things in his husky voice and they still made me shiver. I could still feel the contrast of his hot body to the cold air of the night.

'Dammit.' I thought and drank the rest of my beer and then got up to get a new one to drown my thoughts in. When I passed his seat to get to the bar he briefly looked up , but I forced my eyes to look somewhere else immediately. I didn't want him to think I was avoiding him, but I also didn't want him to think something else because of my eyes lingering too long.

When I came back from the bar my former seat was taken and the only other free seats were opposite him. I took a deep breath and sat down there without meeting his eyes. One of the people sitting next to me immediately started a conversation. It was incredibly hard to concentrate, though, because I felt his fierce eyes on me, but I didn't dare to look. When the person next to me turned away to talk to someone else, I leaned back and sipped my beer.

A familiar song suddenly sounded and I immediately felt my heart beat faster. It was the song that had played during that night when we put our arms around each other, when he took my hand and caressed it behind our backs, when he whispered: “Shall we leave? May I walk you home?”

The song had played as we left and stepped into the cold air of the night, fading as we walked further away side by side.

I couldn't help looking up then and my heart skipped a beat when my eyes met his gaze. I felt numb, but at the same time like I was on fire. It was too intense. I couldn't stop my eyes from flickering down to his lips and I couldn't help remembering how they had felt, how they had tasted, how his hot breath coming from them had hit my skin.

I looked back up into his eyes trying to read his expression, but it only confused me. My head felt dizzy and it felt like it was getting harder to breathe with every second that passed. I abruptly broke our eye-contact and got up rushing outside. I needed air. And I needed to cool down. As soon as the cold air of the night hit me I sighed in relief and took a few deep breaths. I was thankful that no one else was outside, but just a few seconds later I got company. I heard the door open and turned around. It was him.

My heart immediately beat faster, but I didn't know what to do. I wanted to run away and lunge out at him at the same time.

“Are you okay?” he asked. I opened my mouth and prayed that my voice wouldn't be shaking.

“Yes.” I managed to get out as steady as I could and tried to walk past him back inside, but he grabbed my arm to stop me and turned to face me.

“Do you regret it?” he asked and when I turned my head to look at him his gaze burned right to my core.

“We were drunk. It was a mistake.” I said and looked away. His grip softened and his hand slid down my arm until it reached mine.

“No, it wasn't. You know it and I know it.” he said and tenderly his fingers over my palm. My heart was trembling.

“If anyone ever finds out, we're screwed.” I whispered. His other hand slid up my chest, trailed over my neck and then his fingers grazed my lips.

“But I can't just forget this.” he aspirated.

I looked up at him, torn and desperate, unable to think clear. He stepped closer.

“Please don't.” I begged, but I couldn't move away. My heart thumped hard and fast against my ribcage and it got worse with every inch he moved closer to me. When I felt his breath against my lips, I broke out of my rigor.

“I can't.” was all I said before I escaped his hands and rushed back inside.

 

Not long after I said goodbye to everyone to leave with some of my friends. Our eyes lingered on each other's for a painful regretful moment before I turned away and left.