Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart

Our Vhope World

Taehyung was one of Hoseok's personal assistants, but he was quite new and had only been working for him for a couple of months. He had heard about Jung Hoseok, the CEO. He had heard about how charming, friendly and fair he was, but it didn't stop him from being extremely nervous when he got called in for his job interview. And nothing had prepared him for how Hoseok's bright smile actually hit him in real life. He almost forgot how to speak when Hoseok greeted him with his sunshine like smile and politely told him to sit down. Taehyung doesn't remember much about the job interview, but he was so out of it and nervous that he was sure that he must've screwed it up, but as he got up and shook Hoseok's hand, the CEO looked at him for a moment and then said: “Kim Taehyung, you got the job.”

Taehyung nearly forgot to answer as he was more concentrated on the feeling of their hands touching, but he finally managed to break out of his trance and broke into a wide smile, looking at him with surprised eyes.

“Really? Th-Thank you! Thank you very much, Mr. Jung, I won't disappoint you!” Taehyung said and Hoseok smiled fondly as he let go of his hand.

“I'm sure you won't.”

-

Hoseok had no idea what came over him. They usually had more discussions about it and the applicants would usually be called a few days later to announce the decision, but Hoseok was the boss and he had been so fascinated about the man in front of him that he just felt the need to see him again. There was just something about him.

He was surprised about himself. He didn't usually let personal matters interfere with his decisions, but that young man had somehow thrown him off-guard.

It didn't take long before Taehyung had his first day at work and Hoseok was soon relieved to see that it had been the right decision. Taehyung was doing great. He was absolutely reliable, always on time and very polite. He was just a bit clumsy sometimes, but that was something everyone around him could only find absolutely adorable.

He was soon an important part of the team and everyone liked him. Including Hoseok. More than he wanted to admit. Whenever the boy came into his office to talk about business matters or to bring him something or get orders, Hoseok couldn't stop himself from breaking into a wide smile. It was as if the room lit up every time Taehyung entered it, but Hoseok knew it was stupid and dangerous. He had never been affected by any of his personal assistants as he had been by Taehyung, but he hoped that it would just be a superficial crush that would soon pass by.

One day, when everyone was almost done for the day, Hoseok came out of his office and told his assistants that they could go home now.

“Thanks, Mr. Jung, see you on Monday, I hope you have a nice weekend.” Taehyung said politely and smiled. Hoseok couldn't help but smile too and wished him a nice weekend too. As he walked back to his office he could hear them talking.

“Alright, Taehyung, have fun on your date, I'm sure you'll sweep him off his feet. I want to know everything on Monday!” One of the other employees said and Taehyung giggled in response. Before he could hear Taehyung's answer, Hoseok hurried into his office and ran a hand through his hair in frustration. He barely got any sleep during that weekend. That's when he knew, he was screwed. This wasn't just gonna go away.

-

Taehyung was in a great mood on Monday. The date on Friday had been very good and they had met up again on Sunday. He couldn't hide his shy smile from his coworkers and was immediately questioned as soon as he sat at his desk. They fell silent though, when Hoseok entered the hall. They greeted him like every morning, but were a bit irritated when Hoseok didn't greet them with his usual bright smile, but only muttered a silent “Good Morning” before he disappeared into his office with a frown on his face. Taehyung and his coworkers looked at each other with big eyes.

“He must be in a bad mood. I've never seen him like this.” A colleague said and Taehyung nodded.

“Maybe he didn't sleep well. I'll bring him his usual coffee, maybe it helps.” Taehyung said and got up, making a coffee for his boss before he carried the cup to his office. Taehyung knocked gently on the door and after a moment of silence and what he thought sounded like a sigh, he heard him reply from inside.

“Come in.” Hoseok called out.

'Don't let it be Taehyung, don't let it be Taehyung.' Hoseok thought, but of course luck wasn't on his side and it was said young man who entered his office with a cup of coffee. Taehyung carried it to the desk and put it down.

“I brought you coffee, Sir.” Taehyung said with a hesitant voice and Hoseok thanked him and smiled, but it wasn't the same as usual. He could feel Taehyung's big brown eyes on him as he took a sip of the coffee.

“Mr. Jung...?” Taehyung asked with his smooth deep voice after a moment. Hoseok looked up and their eyes met.

“Is there anything else I can do...?” he asked with such sincerity in his eyes that Hoseok nearly choked on his coffee.

“No thanks, Taehyung. I'll call you in if I need anything else.” he said and forced another smile. Taehyung fiddled with his hands.

“Are you really okay, Mr. Jung?” He asked softly. Hoseok met his eyes again and for a moment he considered telling him the truth. He really considered telling him that he had basically lain awake the whole weekend thinking about him and that he desperately wanted to ask him about his date, but he didn't do it.

“I'm fine, really, Taehyung. I just didn't sleep well. You don't have to worry.” Hoseok said and Taehyung nodded before he left. When he was gone, Hoseok dropped his head into his hands and tried to pull himself together. Taehyung stayed outside the door for a few moments, still worrying about his boss, but then he scolded himself. Although he didn't like to admit it, Jung Hoseok's smile had somehow worked its way into his heart, but he was still his boss and it was none of his business why the other was being in a bad mood. Taehyung's heart sank a little as he thought about how he would probably never be more than an assistant to Hoseok, although he wanted so much more, wanted to get to know him.

He shook his head and willed those thoughts away, exchanging them for thoughts about his next date.

-

Hoseok pulled himself together, although over the next few months he came to find out that Taehyung now indeed seemed to have a boyfriend and was in a happy relationship. Although it bothered Hoseok, a LOT, he distracted himself by throwing himself into work and trying to stay professional with Taehyung.

-

One day, almost a year later, Hoseok and Taehyung were the only two left in the offices and were now also packing up to leave. Hoseok turned off his computer and walked outside into the hall were Taehyung was sitting at his desk. Hoseok heard a silent sob and frowned. He rounded the corner and was about to say something when he caught sight of Taehyung's tear-stained face. The younger one's eyes widened when he realized Hoseok had seen him and he quickly turned away, wiping some tears away. Hoseok heard his own heart cracking a little as he approached the desk.

“M-Mr. Jung, I'm s-sorry. You can leave, I'll wrap things up here.” Taehyung stuttered out and hiccuped. Hoseok walked around the desk and crouched down in front of him.

“Taehyung...” he said and his voice was so soft that Taehyung burst into tears again, sobbing softly. Hoseok furrowed his brows and reached out to cup Taehyung's teary face.

“Hey~ what's the matter? What happened?” Hoseok asked softly and didn't care about the fact that he was getting out of his professional zone, but the sight of Taehyung crying was just too much.

Taehyung trembled in his hold and hiccuped as he looked down.

“M-My boyfriend dumped me for someone e-else...” Taehyung brought out in between his tears and Hoseok's heart nearly broke for him, but at the same time he felt anger flare up. How could anyone dare hurt and dump this precious young man.

“Where is he now? How many times shall I hit him in the face for that?” Hoseok asked and brushed Taehyung's tears away, cradling his face in his hands. Taehyung looked at him with wide eyes.

“M-Mr. Jung, no, please don't.” Taehyung stuttered and Hoseok couldn't stop himself from brushing a thumb over Taehyung's perfect lips.

“How dare that bastard do that to you...he doesn't deserve you...” Hoseok mumbled and Taehyung stared at him, blinking in surprise. He had never heard Hoseok talk like that.

The older male brushed Taehyung's hair out of his face and didn't hide his longing gaze anymore.

“I would never make you cry like this...never ever...” he muttered and Taehyung felt his heart pounding in his chest. Was he getting this right? Did that mean...?

Hoseok leaned a bit closer, but then seemed to be ripped out of his trance, quickly getting up and backing off. He looked a bit embarrassed and ran a hand through his hair.

“I'm sorry Taehyung, I was being inappropriate. If you allow me, I'd at least like to drive you home in this condition.”

Taehyung thought he must've gotten it wrong and packed up, but he couldn't stop stealing glances at Hoseok as they left the building and went to his boss' car.

Hoseok held the passenger door open for him and Taehyung felt his cheeks flush a little as he thanked him and got inside. Taehyung explained to him where he lived and Hoseok drove him home. They stayed silent for most of the drive, but there was a strong tension hanging in the air between them.

When Hoseok's car came to a halt, Taehyung slowly unbuckled his seat belt and searched for words.

“Thank you, Mr. Jung.” he mumbled.

“It's no problem, really...” Hoseok said and they hushed for another moment before Hoseok took a deep breath and turned to him.

“Taehyung...if you need anything...” he started and stared into his big eyes, trying to make him understand that he really meant anything.

Taehyung looked down for a few moments, fiddling with his hands.

Can you...come in...just a second? I don't wanna be alone...” Taehyung mumbled, it was almost a whisper.

Of course...” Hoseok said warmly and his voice made something glow in Taehyung's chest.

They got out of the car and Taehyung was trembling a little as he was trying to unlock his front door. Hoseok wrapped his hand around his and held it steady to help him open the door. Taehyung's heart was fluttering in his chest as he opened the door and stepped inside. Hoseok followed him in and closed the door behind himself. Taehyung stood with his back towards Hoseok and the older stepped closer, sliding his hands up his arms, rubbing them gently as he dared to lean in and bury his face in the younger one's hair. Taehyung got goosebumps everywhere and gasped softly before he turned around to face him.

Mr. Jung, I-...I don't know I-” he spluttered and Hoseok found his hands, playing with his fingers. Taehyung shook his head in disbelief.

What could a man like you possibly want from someone like...me...?” he mumbled and looked down. Hoseok slid his hands up to cup his cheeks as he leaned his forehead against his.

Just a little bit of your heart, Tae...that's all I want...” Hoseok answered and Taehyung forgot about everything. He gripped at Hoseok's shirt as he lifted his head and their lips collided in a passionate kiss. A kiss both of them had secretly longed for ever since the day they had met.