Plus One

Our Vhope World

author-note: I'm in love with this. I hope you like it, too <3

____________________________________________________

"I can't believe he's actually getting married." Taehyung said and took a sip of his beer.

"Yeah." Namjoon answered and shook his head smiling. "And he's also the first one among our circle of friends."

"Huh, yeah...I guess I'll only really believe it when I see it with my own two eyes." Taehyung said. "What if he gets cold feet?"

"Nah, I think he's serious about this. He really likes her." Namjoon said.

"You're probably right." Taehyung answered and looked a little absorbed in thought. Namjoon took a sip of his own beer and sighed trying to bring up the courage to get out his next words.

"Taehyung?" he said looking down.

"Yeah?" Taehyung answered looking at him expectantly. Namjoon let out another sigh and then looked up at his friend.

"Hoseok will come to the wedding." He then said and felt relieved to have finally gotten it out. The name made a familiar feeling rush through Taehyung's veins and a flash of faint memories raced through his mind.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes. I guess Jimin and him stayed in contact over the last few years, so he invited him."

"Huh." was all Taehyung brought out. He didn't quite know how to feel about this information. Hoseok and him had been lovers years ago. It had been just a fling, really and they had parted ways peacefully when they both decided to take different paths in life, but still, the thought of seeing him again stirred something in Taehyung and made him feel a little excited and nervous.

"Is he coming alone?"

"I don't know." Namjoon said and Taehyung just nodded a little absent-minded.

"Did you two ever have any contact after he left?" Namjoon asked and played around with the bottle in his hands.

"No." Taehyung said and downed the rest of his drink. "I'll get going now. I have to be up early tomorrow."

"Okay." Namjoon said and got up to say goodbye to him. Taehyung got up, too and put on his jacket. They briefly hugged and smiled at each other.

"See you."

 

Taehyung stepped into the cold air of the night and pulled his jacket tighter around himself as he started walking home. His conversation with Namjoon didn't seem to want to leave his mind, though. Would he really see Hoseok again after all those years?

The image of Hoseok's face was still crystal clear in his mind. Would he still look like that? Would he have changed?

When he got home and let himself fall into bed, he fished out his phone and opened his contact list scrolling down to a particular name. Jung Hoseok. He bit his lip and wondered if he'd still have this number. Would he come alone or bring someone? Although he knew, he had nothing to prove, he still felt a little pathetic when he thought about Hoseok bringing a plus 1 and himself coming alone. After what felt like an eternity he put his phone away and sighed. It took him a while to fall asleep that night and for the first time in a long time he dreamed about Hoseok.

 

 

About a week later Taehyung was standing in front of the mirror in his room putting on his suit jacket. It was a simple but expensive black suit over a white shirt and a black tie. He could've worn something more fancy, but this was Jimin's day and he didn't want to steal the show from him. He fixed his tie and eyed himself up in the mirror. Then he took a deep breath and grabbed his phone and keys before leaving.

 

 

As soon as he entered the church where the ceremony was going to be held he looked around impatiently trying to spot Hoseok, but he couldn't see him. He followed Namjoon and Seokjin to the front rows where seats were reserved for them. When the ceremony started his attention was fully directed at his friend and his beautiful bride and he actually forgot about Hoseok for a while.

After the ceremony at the Church they all moved to the location of the afterparty which was hosted in a bid garden. Namjoon and him followed the crowd into the garden looking around fascinated at the beautiful decoration and all the food that was displayed at the buffet.

"Did you see him, yet?" Namjoon suddenly asked.

"What?"

"Hoseok. Did you see him, yet?" He clarified.

"No." Taehyung answered and automatically looked around again.

"You're nervous." Namjoon stated.

"I'm not." Taehyung said and his hands fidgeted a little with his tie.

"Yes you are and don't worry, you look handsome." His friend said. Taehyung looked at him and sighed. He just knew him too well. Namjoon smiled, but it kind of froze when his eyes caught something.

"Taehyung, I see him."

Taehyung turned around following his line of sight and spotted him. He was standing with Jimin and his bride talking to them smiling brightly. Taehyung's heartrate immediately sped up. He really hadn't expected to react like that, but Hoseok was as beautiful as ever, or even more if that was even possible.

"Let's go and talk to him." Namjoon said and grabbed his arm.

"What? No!" Taehyung whisper-shouted as if he feared they would hear them from afar.

"Why not?" Namjoon asked with a complete poker face. Taehyung opened his mouth, but couldn't form a proper answer so he just pulled him with him. Taehyung pulled his arm out of Namjoon's grip but followed him anyway. He avoided looking at Hoseok as they approached them.

"Hey~ you look really nice together. Hoseok, long time no see!" Namjoon said as he arrived in front of them. Hoseok greeted him, too, but almost stopped mid-sentence when Taehyung came to stand next to Namjoon. Hoseok's breath got caught in his throat. It had been so long and Taehyung was a sight for sore eyes, but he was looking down not meeting Hoseok's eyes. Namjoon had to surpress a grin and nudged Taehyung's arm.

Taehyung then finally looked up and met Hoseok's eyes. For a moment they just stared at each other stunned that the moment was real. Jimin then cleared his throat and they broke out of their rigor. Taehyung looked down a little bashful and Hoseok rubbed his neck before saying: "It's been a while."

Taehyung looked up and couldn't help eyeing him up before answering.

"Yeah." he aspirated. Jimin and Namjoon started a conversation and Taehyung tried to listen, but he was too distracted. It didn't help that he constantly felt eyes on him. Hoseok's and Taehyung's eyes met several times for split seconds followed by them looking away embarrased every time. Hoseok didn't seem to have brought someone and it somehow made Taehyung feel a little better, but he was still a little overwhelmed. It felt surreal to see Hoseok again after years of radio silence. His heart was still going wild and he needed to calm down, so he excused himself to go to the restroom. He entered the building that led to the garden and searched for the restroom. When he found it he entered it and splashed a handful of water into his face. He closed his eyes and supported himself on the sink. After taking a few deep breaths he dried off his face. He really hadn't expected to feel like this, to react like this. Never ever would he have thought that Hoseok could still have this kind of effect on him. When he felt like he had calmed down enough to get back he left the restroom, but as soon as he rounded the corner he bumped against someone.

"Oh, sorr-" he started, but the words died down in his throat when he saw that it was Hoseok who looked back at him with a troubled expression. Without any kind of warning Hoseok's hand slid around his neck pulling him into a kiss. Taehyung certainly hadn't expected that, but as soon as he felt Hoseok's warm soft lips enlace his own, his eyes fluttered shut and he unintentionally let out a silent little moan at the familiar sensation. He hadn't realized until then how much he had missed it. He instantly responded to the kiss pressing his lips against Hoseok's. A small desperate sound escaped Hoseok's throat as he freed Taehyung's lips only to capture them again in a much more needy kiss. His other hand wandered to Taehyung's neck, too tenderly his skin as he carefully on Taehyung's lip. Taehyung sighed into the kiss and clasped Hoseok's waist to pull him closer. They tugged and and worshipping each other's lips like there was no tomorrow. Hoseok deepened the kiss and Taehyung let out a soft low moan. It almost made his knees go weak.

Soon they had to break the kiss for air leaning their foreheads together breathing heavily. Hoseok looked up at Taehyung and took in the beautiful sight right in front of him. Taehyung was looking down, his long dark eyelashes facing down and his full plump lips were red and a little swollen from their intense kiss. He then realized what he had done.

"! Taehyung, do you....are you with someone?" Hoseok aspirated slightly fearing the answer he might get. Taehyung slowly shook his head.

"No....are you?"

"No." Hoseok answered and let his fingers tenderly over the skin on the back of Taehyung's neck.

"Did you bring someone to the wedding?" Taehyung asked. His hands were still clasping Hoseok's waist.

"No. Did you?" Hoseok answered.

"No." Taehyung said and broke into a smile. Hoseok couldn't help but smile, too. He pulled away his forehead and lifted his head to properly look at Taehyung who did the same. For several moments they just smiled at each other.

"Taehyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to be my plus 1 for today?" Hoseok asked and his eyes were sparkling with so much emotion when he stared into Taehyung's eyes waiting for his response. Taehyung giggled and it went straight to Hoseok's heart.

"Okay." Taehyung answered and beamed at Hoseok who sighed happily and removed his hands from Taehyung's neck to pull Taehyung's hands away from his back only to interlace their fingers. Hoseok then leaned in for another short peck before he freed one of Taehyung's hands and turned to go back outside pulling Taehyung with him. They kept holding hands as they stepped back into the garden and walked to the table where Jimin, his bride, Namjoon and their other friends were sitting. When they arrived at the table still holding hands they could see everyone's chins simultaneously drop when they saw them.

"Uhm, care to explain?" Namjoon commented. Hoseok and Taehyung laughed. Taehyung shrugged.

"Well, we both didn't have a date for today, so we thought we'd just be each other's." he said. Namjoon looked as if that hadn't explained anything for him at all.

"I'm starving, let's get some food from the buffet." Hoseok then said and pulled Taehyung with him. The whole table was still looking flabbergasted.

"Well, that went completely different from what I expected." Jimin said.

"What the ?! They look like they just picked up where they left off." Namjoon said, still in shock.

 

Hoseok and Taehyung got food and ate together sharing their food. They talked and talked for hours. Hoseok told Taehyung how his career had developed during the last few years and Taehyung told him what he'd been doing. It was so easy and peaceful. It was a perfect reunion.

 

Towards the evening when it was getting darker people started filling the wooden platform under the pavilion that served as a dancefloor. It was filled and surrounded with fairy lights making it look more romantic.

Their table was almost empty, because the others were either dancing or talking to other guests. Only Hoseok and Taehyung were left sitting there still talking excitedly catching up on the years of missing contact.

When the first few beats of a new song sounded both of them stopped mid-sentence and their eyes lit up. They both immediately recognized it. It was the song that played when they had kissed for the first time ever. Hoseok got up and held out his hand.

"May I?"

Taehyung looked up at him full of joy and took his hand. Hoseok led him to the dance floor and put one arm around his waist pulling him close. Taehyung slid one of his hands to Hoseok's shoulder blade and put the other in his hand as they started to sway to the slow rhythm of the song. Hoseok leaned in to the side of Taehyung's face and whispered the lyrics of the song into his ear. Taehyung giggled and felt a shiver run down his spine. He slid one of his hands into Hoseok's hair and tenderly caressed it. Hoseok pressed a tender kiss on his cheek and then another on his jawline. Taehyung felt a swirl of butterflies in his stomach. He hadn't felt like that in a long time and he couldn't believe that even after those last few years Hoseok still had this effect on him and wondered if Hoseok felt the same.

"This is so crazy." Taehyung aspirated and Hoseok chuckled.

"I can't believe we're here, seeing each other again, dancing, talking, everything." he added and Hoseok turned his face to look at him.

"I'm so happy I came." Hoseok said and his eyes briefly flickered down to Taehyung's lips. Taehyung smiled and let his head fall on Hoseok's shoulder pressing his face into his neck. Hoseok sighed and closed his eyes.

 

 

Hours later, the garden started to get more and more empty and Taehyung also started to feel tired. He kept yawning.

"Come on, let's go say goodbye, I'll drive you home." Hoseok said and Taehyung nodded. They went to say goodbye to their friends who shot them suggestive glances when Hoseok said he'd drive Taehyung home and then left.

Taehyung led the way to his apartment and Hoseok parked near it, before getting out of the car and going to the other side to open Taehyung's door for him. Taehyung laughed as he got out of the car.

"When did you become such a gentlemen?" he said to tease Hoseok after shutting the door. Hoseok locked the car before shoving the key into the pocket of his trousers.

"Shut up." he playfully said and grabbed Taehyung's hand as they walked to his apartment. When they arrived in front of the door Taehyung turned to Hoseok and pulled him close. Hoseok's hand came up to caress Taehyung's cheek before leaning in to softly kiss his lips. They parted after a few moments and Taehyung asked: "Are you gonna drive back right away?"

"No, I booked a hotel room, I'll leave tomorrow morning."

Taehyung nodded and looked down. He suddenly felt a wave of sadness, because the day had come to an end so fast. He pulled Hoseok flush against his body and nuzzled his neck. Hoseok's breath got caught in his throat and wrapped his arms around him. Taehyung started to pepper his neck with soft kisses spreading goosebumps all over Hoseok's body.

"Do you want to come in with me?" Taehyung whispered. Hoseok sighed and hesitated to answer.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Hoseok whispered. Taehyung slightly on his skin making Hoseok let out a shaky breath.

"Why not?" he whispered. Hoseok opened his mouth to say something, but Taehyung placed an open-mouthed kiss on that special spot he remembered from years ago and carefully let his teeth graze his skin. Hoseok's words got lost and only a silent moan escaped his lips. Taehyung kept exploring Hoseok's neck with his lips while fishing his keys out of his pocket. He then pulled away from Hoseok taking one of his hands as he unlocked the door. He opened it and led them inside. Hoseok didn't have the strength to protest anymore. He wanted this as much as Taehyung. As soon as the door was closed and Taehyung had thrown his keys somewhere Hoseok grabbed his face and pulled him into a desperate kiss. They felt urgent, but that night they took their time worshipping each and every inch of the other's skin. It felt like they had never been apart.

 

 

When Hoseok woke up he felt a little confused and perplexed until he remembered the events of the day before. He opened his eyes and was met by Taehyung's peaceful perfect sleeping face. He smiled and sighed feeling a little overwhelmed at everything that had happened.

He then carefully sat up looking around for a clock. When he spotted one he shocked a little.

'.' he thought. He was supposed to be back in a few hours and it wasn't exactly a short drive. He carefully slid out from under the blanket and got up. He looked around and found his underwear and trousers. He silently put them on and searched for his shirt and jacket, but couldn't see them. He then just took a t-shirt from Taehyung and put it on. That way he'd at least keep a little something from him when he'd leave. He then found his shoes and put them on, too. He then looked back at Taehyung's sleeping figure and realized that the time had come to say goodbye, but he didn't want to wake him up. He walked over and leaned down kissing his shoulder and breathing in his scent closing his eyes for a moment. Hoseok got back up and searched for some paper and a pen. When he found it, it took him about ten minutes to contemplate whether to write something or not and another ten minutes to think of what to write. He closed his eyes and listened to Taehyung's even breaths. There were just no words that could describe how he felt knowing that he'd be leaving Taehyung again. He had a life and a career to get back to and Taehyung had his own. It just wasn't supposed to be, but all the longing he had felt the last few years and the emptiness suddenly hit him hard. He let out a shaky breath and scribbled down the only thing his mind could come up with before he left.

 

 

When Taehyung woke up his mind felt a bit cloudy. Slowly the images of the last day seeped into his mind and he turned around reaching out his arm, but his bed was empty. He turned over and buried his head in his pillow. Had it just been a dream? No that couldn't be. When he slowly managed to sit up he saw a piece of paper on his bedside table. He immediately grabbed it.

It was a heart. Just a heart. Nothing else. He dropped the paper and then realized that Hoseok was probably already on his way back. And just like that he vanished from his life again as fast as he had crashed back into it.