Home

Our Vhope World

It was hard to explain how this had developed, how they had gotten to that point. Hoseok was pretty much living on the streets, fighting his way through life and ending up beaten and torn regularly. It was part of his life.

Taehyung was part of the high society, with rich parents, a big house and a great education.

It was hard to explain how, but ever since they'd first crossed paths, Taehyung had turned into some kind of anchor for Hoseok, his safe heaven. Sometimes they wouldn't have any contact for weeks, even months sometimes, but every time one of Hoseok's gang fights had once again ended badly for him, he'd turn up at Taehyung's doorstep, wounded and beaten and tired. And Taehyung never hesitated to let him in and take care of him. His parents were rarely ever home, so they never really noticed and Hoseok never stayed for long. Only until he'd healed a little and gained new energy.

Hoseok would've never thought he'd end up there, but it just happened. They had met during a cold spring day. Hoseok had only worn his leather jacket and was running as fast as he could, fleeing from some guys of a different gang, one of their enemies. When he rounded the corner and turned into some kind of alley, he fully crashed into someone and nearly knocked them both down. Hoseok held onto the person to stop himself from falling. “Oh , sorry!” he muttered, but when he heard the sound of his chasers approach, he backed the person up against the wall and put his cold index finger to their lips to signal them to stay quiet. His chest was heaving and his breath was visible in the cold as he looked to the entrance of the alley with a hammering heart. When he saw his chasers run past the alley he closed his eyes for a moment and let out a big sigh of relief. When he then finally turned to properly look at the person he'd crashed into, his breath hitched for a moment and his heart skipped a beat. He wasn't sure he'd ever seen a boy this beautiful. He was wrapped up in a big fluffy coat and was wearing a cute pompom hat. His cheeks were a bit flushed, probably from the cold and he was looking at Hoseok with big curious eyes. Hoseok slowly removed his finger from the boy's lips.

Sorry...”

Aren't you cold?” the boy asked and pointed at Hoseok's leather jacket. Hoseok broke into a smile and said: “It's fine. I'm used to it.”

The boy then smiled too and that was it. Hoseok was past saving.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Right now, he was staggering his way to Taehyung's house. He was holding his torso, his breathing ragged and he was limping. He probably had some broken rips and who knows what. His clothes had some blood stains on them and his face had several cuts. He felt so tired and worn out. It took the last bit of strength he had to make his way up the stairs and ring the bell. He hadn't seen Taehyung in weeks and had painfullly missed him. His heart had felt like it was turning colder with every day he was away from Taehyung.

He then heard footsteps and the door opened. Hoseok looked up, his eyes meeting Taehyung's before his legs gave in. Taehyung's eyes widened and he gasped before he hurriedly caught Hoseok and pulled him back up.

H-Hoseok...what happened?” he asked, but Hoseok didnt answer and just clutched onto Taehyung, as if he was his lifeline. Taehyung pulled him inside and closed the door before he grasped Hoseok in his arms, hugging him tightly.

I missed you...” the boy mumbled and leaned his head on his. Hoseok released a shaky breath and felt his heart finally warm up again as he felt Taehyung press against his cold body. He weakly wrapped his arms around him and held onto him.

I missed you too...” he whispered and buried his face in the boy's warm soft neck. He inhaled his scent. God, how had he missed it.

Taehyung nuzzled his face into Hoseok's hair and sighed. They stayed like that for a while, just revelling in their reunion, until Taehyung pulled away and slid his arm around Hoseok's waist to support him as he led him towards the bathroom. It was already normal, Hoseok knew what was coming. Taehyung helped him take his clothes off and examined his wounds with sad eyes that showed that seeing him like that brought him as much pain as Hoseok was physically feeling. He cleaned him and took care of his wounds and Hoseok always stayed silent during the process, only occasionaly wincing from pain or in a breath. Taehyung then brought fresh clothes and helped him put them on. Hoseok was looking down when they were finished.

Although he secretly loved the feeling of being taken care of like that, it always kind of hurt his pride too. Taehyung kneeled in front of him and brushed his hair out of his face before he carefully cupped his face in his hands and looked up at him.

I'm happy you came...” Taehyung whispered and Hoseok closed his eyes as he placed his palm over Taehyung's hand and nuzzled his face into his hand with a sigh.

Taehyung asked him if he was hungry, but Hoseok declined and they moved to Taehyung's bed. As soon as they were settled in, Hoseok slid his still cold hands under Taehyung's shirt to warm them up and Taehyung snuggled closer to him while softly playing with his hair. After a while Hoseok slid his arms fully around Taehyung and pulled him flush against his body. Taehyung hugged his head and Hoseok hummed contentedly. It was like after weeks of battling through his life, he had finally come home again. Not the house. That wasn't his home. Taehyung was his home.

They had never really talked about what this was, what they were. It wasn't important. It was just what it was. Taehyung caressed his hair and mumbled soothing words into his hair until Hoseok fell asleep. When he was out in the streets he never slept as good as when he was with Taehyung. He always missed the wamth of the other's body next to his.

Hoseok stayed for a few more days until he was better and then decided that it was time to go back to his life. Taehyung looked utterly sad as he brought him to the door. Hoseok turned to him and Taehyung flung his arms around his neck. The older chuckled and hugged him tightly with a sigh. He hated this as much as Taehyung, but he had to go.

Why can't you just stay...?” Taehyung mumbled with a small whine. Hoseok grasped him tighter before he pulled back a little to look at Taehyung while cupping his cheek. Then he leaned in and kissed him, their soft lips mingling in a sweet longing kiss. “I don't belong here...” Hoseok whispered against Taehyung's lips as an answer to his question. Taehyung tangled his hand in his hair, running his fingers through the strands.

You belong with me...” Taehyung then whispered and kissed him again, deep and passionate, pouring in all the feelings he had buried inside him during the weeks they hadn't seen each other. When they had to break the kiss for air, they leaned their foreheads together.

When will you come back...?” Taehyung asked and tenderly trailed his fingers over the nape of the older's neck.

I don't know...” Hoseok replied and rubbed soothing circles into Taehyung's hip before he gathered all of his strength to let go of him and leave. Taehyung looked after him and wrapped his arms around himself as he watched Hoseok disappear into the streets, hoping he'd come home soon again...