Plus One (Part 2)

Our Vhope World

Ever since he had seen Taehyung again Hoseok started to realize how empty his life was without him. It had been more than just a fling, after all. Much more. A week after being back in his old life he was close to going crazy, so he texted Jimin and asked him for Taehyung's number. He had deleted it years ago right after leaving and had gotten a new phone to not be tempted to get in touch with him. He had thought it was for the best, but now he wanted nothing more than to hear Taehyung's voice and talk to him. When Jimin had texted him the number, though, he started getting doubts. He felt bad for crashing in and out of Taehyung's life and wasn't sure if it would be the right thing to contact him again. So he fought with himself for another few weeks looking at the number every day, but not daring to press the call-button. One day after downing a few he managed to pick up the courage and called the number. It rang a few times and Hoseok could feel his heart thump hard against his chest.

"Hello?" Taehyung's smooth deep voice suddenly sounded through the phone. Hoseok felt like a big weight had been taken off his chest only by hearing his voice. He opened his mouth and took a deep breath.

"Hello? Who's there?" Taehyung asked. Hoseok couldn't do it. He hung up and buried his face in his hands. It only made him realize even more how bad he had it for him.

 

 

Taehyung felt weird ever since his reunion with Hoseok. Every day when he lay in bed to go to sleep his bed suddenly seemed to be too big and too empty. No matter with whom Seokjin tried to set him up, it just never felt right. Nothing seemed right since Hoseok had disappeared from his life again. Weeks went by. Months. He once actually tried calling the old number he had from Hoseok, but it didn't exist anymore. He didn't want to ask Jimin for his new number, either though. What would he even say?

One evening he went to a gathering of some of his friends. Jimin was there, too and sat next to him. When the others were immersed in a discussion he leaned over to Taehyung and silently said: "Hey Tae...did he contact you, yet?"

Taehyung looked at him confusedly.

"Who?" he asked.

"Hoseok." Jimin answered and made a face as if the answer had been the most obvious thing in the world.

"What are you talking about?"

It was Jimin's turn to look confused then.

"He asked me for your number a while ago already. Sometime after the wedding. Hasn't he contacted you, yet?" Jimin explained.

"No." Taehyung answered and frowned.

"What did he say? Why did he want my number?"

"He didn't really elaborate on the matter. He just said he needed a favor from me and asked for your current phone number." Jimin said. Taehyung looked down and wondered why Hoseok hadn't contacted him, yet. He picked up his glass and downed the rest of his drink trying to drown the mix of feelings that was bubbling up inside of him.

 

 

During the drive Hoseok almost turned the car around several times. He was still unsure if he was doing the right thing. It had been months, what if Taehyung had found someone new in the meantime? What if he didn't even want to see him?

Hoseok took a deep breath and tried to stay determined. When he finally arrived the sun was already starting to set. He turned off the engine and closed his eyes for a few seconds to calm his nervously beating heart before getting out of the car. He shut the door and walked towards the apartment.

When he came to a halt in front of the door a flash of memories from their reunion rushed through his mind and he had to take another deep breath before ringing the doorbell. His thoughts were racing as he waited. He startled a little when the door opened and Taehyung stood in front of him. His heart thumped excitedly in his chest and his breath got caught in his throat. They looked at each other a little perplexed until Hoseok let out the breath he'd been holding and they simultaneously closed the distance between each other. Hoseok slid his arms around Taehyung's waist pulling him into his embrace and buried his face in his neck inhaling his wonderful scent and Taehyung slung his arms around his neck pulling him close. Hoseok felt like he could finally properly breathe again after months of suffocating. They just stood there for a while grasping each other tight. They could barely process that they were actually holding the other in their arms again. They pulled back just a little to look at each other. Taehyung smiled brightly and Hoseok couldn't help mirroring it.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked happily beaming at the man in front of him.

"That's a bit of a longer story. Let's take a walk." Hoseok said and Taehyung nodded. Hoseok let go of him and he put on his shoes and a jacket before grabbing his keys and shoving them in the pocket of his pants. They stepped outside and Taehyung closed the door behind them. It was still comfortably warm outside when they started walking. Taehyung playfully bumped his shoulder against Hoseok's and Hoseok hesitatingly took his hand. He felt more confident when he felt Taehyung interlace their fingers. It felt like the most natural thing in the world, like their hands belonged in each other's.

They started walking around Taehyung's neighborhood towards the park nearby staying silent for a while just swinging their joined hands back and forth. Hoseok wasn't sure where to start explaining why he had come. It was unusual of him to be so quiet and Taehyung sensed him being a little twitchy. He didn't know what was going on , but he his thumb over Hoseok's hand trying to reassure and sooth him.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked as they entered the park.

"I am now." Hoseok silently said looking down and slightly squeezed his hand. Taehyung felt his heart jump in his chest. They walked towards a bench and sat down together watching the sky change it's colors. Hoseok kept Taehyung's hand in his and caressed it as he took a deep breath and searched for the right words.

"Taehyung, I made an application for a transfer and they allowed it. They want my ultimate answer tomorrow."

Taehyung was a bit confused and didn't quite understand it

"Transfer? Transfer to where? Are you going further away?" Taehyung asked and got more nervous. Was Hoseok gonna go abroad and move even further away than he already was? Was this gonna be just another goodbye?!

Hoseok smiled a little.

"No, it's...I asked for a transfer to work here..." Hoseok said.

"You're gonna come back here?" Taehyung asked and his eyes lit up.

"That depends..." Hoseok answered and looked down at their joined hands as he his thumb over Taehyung's skin leaving a trail of goosebumps.

"On what?"

"On you." Hoseok said and looked up at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Taehyung asked. Hoseok took a deep breath to calm down.

"Taehyung the last few months after our reunion were horrible for me. I couldn't stop thinking about you and I realized that...you've never been just a fling to me." he started and looked into Taehyung's eyes.

"Taehyung, you're so much more to me and I can't stand being without you...I want to be with you. I need to be with you." he said and closed his eyes for a moment letting out a shaky breath.

"I'd understand if this is too much for you after all this time of us having been apart. If you don't feel the same I'll tell them no tomorrow, but if-" Hoseok started, but wasn't able to finish his sentence, because Taehyung had leaned over and kissed him. A needy sound escaped Hoseok and he let go of Taehyung's hand to put them on his neck pulling him closer and pressing his lips back against his. They tenderly kissed for a few seconds and then pulled apart.

"Hoseok~" Taehyung aspirated looking into his eyes with so much love and longing. "Ever since we met again I felt incomplete without you."

Taehyung leaned his forehead against Hoseok's whose fingers wandered up to his cheek caressing it tenderly.

"Really?" he asked. Taehyung nodded and leaned into his touch. Hoseok smiled barely able to believe that he was so lucky.

"Is that a yes then? You'll be with me?" Hoseok asked and Taehyung looked up at him smiling brightly.

"Yes." he answered. Hoseok smiled happily and leaned forward to capture his lips again.

 

 

They entered Taehyung's apartment holding hands. Taehyung threw his keys somewhere and Hoseok closed the door.

"I was planning to cook something. Are you hungry?" Taehyung said and looked back at Hoseok.

"Sure, that sounds great." Hoseok answered and smiled at him as he his thumb over Taehyung's hand before their hands broke apart. They both took off their shoes and Taehyung led them into the kitchen. He started taking out food and other supplies for cooking and Hoseok asked what he could do and helped him.

A while later Taehyung was standing at the stove cooking sauce. Hoseok came to stand behind him and placed his hands on his waist as he leaned his head on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung giggled. Hoseok then leaned back again and placed a tender kiss on his neck. Taehyung shut his eyes for a moment enjoying the sensation as it sent a shiver down his spine.

"I missed you so much..." Hoseok said and placed another, this time longer-lasting, kiss on his neck. Taehyung sighed and turned around.

"I missed you, too..." Taehyung said as he slid his arms around Hoseok's neck and bumped his nose against Hoseok's whose face broke into a shining smile.

"I can still barely believe that this is real. That I'm holding you in my arms again, that I can touch you..." Hoseok aspirated as his eyes roamed over Taehyung's face trying to memorize every detail.

"It's real." Taehyung said and kissed him. Hoseok pulled him closer by the waist and deepened the kiss. Soon they had completely forgotten about the sauce and the next morning neither of them had to wake up alone.