Just for Once

Our Vhope World

We were standing backstage waiting for our turn to rehearse. There were other idols around us. I was lazily dancing a little to the song that was being rehearsed on the stage at that moment. I almost flinched when I felt something touch my neck, but I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. It was Taehyung. He was running his fingers up and down my neck. I already got goosebumps, but tried not to make it too obvious. I kept swaying around to the music and looked forward. But then Taehyung's fingers slid into my hair and he kept caressing me. I felt a prickling sensation all over my body and I could only barely prevent my eyes from fluttering shut. I didn't want to think of the others and what they might think, but I couldn't just black them out. I felt Taehyung step closer until our bodies touched. I felt his nose nudge my shoulder. His fingers slid out of my hair and down my neck and sent shivers down my spine. Taehyung's nose then wandered to my neck. I felt the strong urge to lean back into him, but held back. When I felt his lips graze my skin I felt my heartbeat speed up. What did he think he was doing in front of everyone? He planted soft little kisses across my neck and this time I couldn't help closing my eyes for a moment to focus on the feeling. Damnit. I let myself fall back against him and his arms slid around me.

Stop...” I whispered.

Why?” he aspirated in my ear. His nose nudged my ear and then I felt his lips graze along my earlobe. A shiver ran down my spine. His arms entangled me tighter and he hummed a melody into my ear. I closed my eyes. I couldn't deny that it was relaxing me. He always seemed to have that effect on me and it scared me a little. Every time I felt tense or wasn't feeling well it was as if he was sensing it and he would start touching my hair or my neck or just stay close to me and for whatever reason it calmed me down. Sometimes I felt like it was calming him down, too, although I always found it hard to read him.

He then just put his head on my shoulder as he hugged me from behind. I opened my eyes again and put my hands on his arms responding to his hug. I carefully looked around expecting everyone to gape at us in shock, but they didn't. No one did. I then allowed myself to lean my head on his. He kept humming melodies. Then the group that had rehearsed came down from the stage and we were next. Taehyung and I simultaneously separated as we mentally went back to being professional idols as we entered the stage. I don't know what it was about that day, but every time Taehyung was the center of the choreo I couldn't help sneaking glances at him and I was more aware of his presence when he was dancing next to me. I scolded myself for being so distracted, but there was just something about him that felt like a magnet to me. It had been like that for quite a while now.

When it was all done we drove back to our dorm in our van. Taehyung and I ended up sitting in the back next to each other with Jimin. Taehyung put on earphones and started to passionately lip-sync to the songs he was listening to. Without wanting it, a grin automatically spread on my face. He was just too cute. And beautiful. Incredibly beautiful. He caught me grinning at him and returned it with a bright smile. 'God.' I thought. 'I'd do anything to make sure that smile stays on his face forever.'

He then held out one of his earphones to me and I put it in my own ear. We quietly listened to the music the rest of the way to the dorm. When we arrived, Taehyung and I both went to the room we shared with Jimin while he went over to Jungkook's room to hang out. I immediately plopped down on my bed and lay on it face-down, with my arms and legs sprawled across it. I felt the bed dip and looked aside to see that Taehyung had lain down next to me. I propped myself up on my elbows and playfully said: “Hey, that's my bed!”

Taehyung giggled and it went straight to my heart. “Go away!” I said laughing a little.

Make me!” he said and wriggled his eyebrows at me. I instantly got up and went over to him to try to lift him up. Taehyung kept laughing and giggling as he tried to protest and push my hands away.

No! Hyung, stop!” he brought out between giggles. I had to laugh, too. During a moment of me losing my balance a little Taehyung managed to pull me down on him and wrapped his legs and arms around me to keep me from moving.

Hey!” I called and tried to escape his grip. I started to tickle him and he was writhing beneath me in laughter.

NO! NO! Stop, PLEASE!” he called out and I had mercy on him and stopped. As Taehyung was trying to catch his breath, I let myself fall down next to him and lay down again looking at the ceiling.

I give up. I guess I'll have to abandon my bed and go find a new one.” I teased.

Hyung!~” Taehyung whined and then I felt him snuggle up against my side and wrapping an arm around my torso. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes for a moment. This felt so comfortable. It felt like home. After a moment I turned my body a little sideways and we looked at each other. Before I had the time to think about it I reached out my hand and let my fingertips down his cheek. He looked at me a little surprised, but didn't move away. Without leaving his eyes I let my fingers gently touch his lips. I was surprised when Taehyung suddenly grabbed my hand. He closed his eyes as he softly kissed my hand and then he interlaced our fingers and put our hands down as he opened his eyes to look at me again. I felt my heart beating faster in my chest. It felt like a surreal moment. For a second it felt like time had stopped and then we both moved in at the same time closing our eyes as our lips gently brushed against each other. My hand immediately wandered back up and I placed it on his neck gently caressing his skin as our lips shyly enclosed each other again and again. His lips felt incredibly soft. I pulled him a little closer towards me as I gently nibbled his lower lip. A sigh escaped his lips and he put one arm around my waist as he scooted closer and put the other one on my neck as he responded to the kiss a little bolder. We kept exploring each other's lips until we both had to take a break for air. I leaned my forehead against his, let out a happy sigh and smiled. I opened my eyes and looked into his eyes. He was blushing a little.

Tae-” I started, but Taehyung put a finger against my lips and stopped me.

Don't.” he aspirated and let his finger softly slide down my lips. I could see him follow the motion with his eyes. He then looked back up into my eyes and whispered: “Just let this moment be.”

I closed my eyes again and let my nose slide down his. One of his hands was still on my neck and I felt his fingers fondly over my skin. I felt a shiver run down my spine. I placed a soft kiss on his cheek and then one on his jawline and let my lips slide down to his neck. I heard him gasp and then I placed kisses across his neck, occasionally nibbling his skin a little. Taehyung automatically scooted even closer and I put one of my arms around his waist to pull him towards me, because I also felt the urge to be closer, to feel him against me. Silent gasps and moans kept escaping Taehyung's beautiful lips as mine kept exploring and caressing his neck tentatively. Although I could feel the desire for more, I wanted to take it slow and be careful. I felt Taehyung slide his fingers into my hair. I then kissed my way back up to his face and looked at him. He was staring back at me with hooded eyes.

I wish we could just be together. I wish it was that easy.” he whispered as he caressed my hair. I felt goosebumps spread across my body.

Let's just pretend we can. Just for now. Just for tonight.” I answered as I deeply looked into his eyes. Taehyung didn't answer, he just pulled me into another kiss and we did just that. We out the world around us and pretended that we could just be with each other. Just for one night. Just for once.