Wish Come True

That Day in Spring

 

 

True to their word, the OT4 protected Jiyong's secret as if it was their own. Because he easily gets flustered whenever his personal life is brought up, he was eternally grateful for having the guys jump in his defense everytime someone gives out a tactless question that's meant to taunt him. TV guestings were the worst and he usually tries to divert the host's attention to his fellow members, opting to just silently sit in the background and let them do all the talking. Meanwhile, despite their conflicting schedules, what with him busy with rehearsals for Bigbang's Last Dance tour while Dara had to put in some extra hours at work, they still managed to meet halfway. Their usual date consisted mainly of take-out food, a good bottle of wine, and long hours spent behind tinted windows as they cruised through the streets of nighttime Seoul. He would ask her about her day and the little tokki would start sharing the fun-filled activity she did with the kids while he played with her hair. Sometimes he's able to stay awake and hear the end of her story. Most times however, he would fall asleep on her shoulder and instead of getting all miffed like any normal girlfriend, Dara just lets him sleep. He wakes up the next day, tucked in his own bed with a handwritten note on top of his bedside table. Short messages from her that always ended with the sweetest: 'Yours until whenever.'

 

Jiyong knew it was not the most conventional of relationships, but if it meant he'd get to see her every night and talk to her until the wee hours of the morning, then he was not going to complain.

 

"Is Dara coming?"  

 

He sighed as he arranged the chairs on the patio. "Yes, mom. She is."

 

"Okay, good." She tapped his arm. "Cause I made her favorite tteokbokki."

 

Ever since he introduced Dara to his parents, his mother had vividly expressed her desire to make Santokki her daughter in law. His poor girlfriend turned ten shades of red after his mom announced one night that she's looking forward to having a grandchild in the near future and that she'd very much like it if Dara would be the one to give it to her. If that wasn't already awkward, his Dad had to make it worse by adding, 'But you guys are still using protection, right?' He quickly changed the topic after that. It's not like he could tell them anything about their wild ual escapades because 1) It doesn't exist and 2) The farthest he's ever been with Dara in terms of physical intimacy was to her. In the dark. With her clothes on.

 

Safe to say, his life was as dry as the streets of Timbuktu. It got even harder—pun intended—when Dara started wearing girly clothes that emphasized her features, courtesy of Dami who keeps sending his girlfriend the hot picks from her flagship store in exchange for a few snapshots of Dara wearing them. Apparently, his sister had posted a picture of the little tokki on We11Done's IG account taken during the launch. She said it garnered the most number of likes and even helped increase their sales for that specific dress. Comments such as 'who is she?' 'is she a new model?' 'she's really pretty' triggered him to the point that he made a dummy account so he could leave a reply while being incognito. In retrospect, he should've made a less obvious username since Dami easily saw through the identity of mangchi_88 and forced him to delete it. He didn't think anything was wrong with telling those losers how they should get their heads out of the clouds because the girl they're all ogling at was very much taken. Being this powerless over Dara's slowly growing supply of fanboys was sending him to his wits end and so to hell with it, he was going to put it out there one way or another. 

 

The doorbell rang and everyone in his family save for him, rushed to the door. Crawling behind the plantbox, he plugged the wires in and watched as the string lights turned their boring gazebo into a cafe-like atmosphere in no time. 

 

"Saengilchuka hamnida—"

 

TOP started beatboxing as he swaggered his way out the door while YB, Daesung and Seungri who were all wearing matching shirts with his face on it, sang to their hearts content. Dami and his parents came out next. Last but not the least, Dara finally stepped into the patio carrying a two-layer birthday cake that was bigger than her face. He grinned like an idiot.

 

"Saengilchuka hamnida, 

Saengilchuka hamnida

saranghaneun, Jiyong-ah

Saengilchuka hamnida!!"

 

"Happy birthday, bro!!" Youngbae fastened the party hat on his head.

 

"You like??" Tabi poked him in the ribs before planting a wet kiss on his cheek.

 

"All hail the great Kwon Leader!!" Daesung and Seungri both chanted, giving him a 90 degree bow in veneration. His sister got the camera rolling and gestured for him to blow the candles. Laughing, he sauntered his way to his girlfriend who looked extra beautiful in a fluffy oversized yellow sweater, her brown hair pulled up in that messy ponytail he always loved. He was about to give her a kiss when she hurriedly took a step back, mouthing the word 'later', before raising the cake between them.

 

"Make a wish, Jiyongie." 

 

This marks the twentieth cake he had to snuff off the candles from. He's received a lot of well-wishes from his avid fans from all over the world who sent him packages and letters which were so many he had yet to finish reading it in this lifetime. But the people right here—he looked at the smiling faces of his family and friends—these were the people whose opinions actually mattered to him. He stared at Dara and thought, what could possibly be a better feeling than having the girl you love, love you in return? Nothing, he surmised. And so deciding to forego the wishing part, he leaned forward and blew out all the candles. Party poppers went off and Dami hurriedly instructed them to pose for a group picture. He made sure to drape his arms around Dara, kissing her temple as the camera flashed.

 

What was supposed to be a fun celebration quickly progressed into a game of who can embarrass the birthday boy the most when his mom started showing his old photo album as soon as everyone was done eating. 

 

"Geumanheyo!"

 

His mother merely waved her hand and went on to tell each story behind those humiliating clips. "That's our little mangchi when he was six." 

 

"Mangchi?" asked Dara, smiling in adoration at a picture of him in traditional hanbok.

 

"Oh yes, dear. He liked to hammer nails everywhere. Even when we visited other people's homes."

 

Across the table, Dami chuckled. "We all thought he wanted to be a carpenter."

 

"Don't listen to them. They're just—"

 

"Hyung used to dance a lot, too! He was a member of that group...that TV show with the kids—"

 

"Little Roo'ra!" shouted YB and the whole gang burst out laughing.

 

Jiyong's ears were burning as he hid his face behind Dara's shoulder. This went on until Daesung, bless his soul, circled the table to hand over his gift. This prompted the others to do the same and he used the opportunity to sneakily unplug the TV from its outlet. One by one, they presented their gifts together with a little speech they prepared. Tabi who, after finishing two bottles of wine on his own, kept slurring his words that ten seconds into his greeting, he decided to just screw it, shoving the designer bag on Jiyong's face before returning to his seat. He received a brand new shirt from Youngbae, a cap from Daesung, shoes from Seungri, a jacket from Dami, and an arsenal of cat toys for Iye from his parents. All the gifts were to his liking and he thanked them all with a smile.

 

"Ji?" The little tokki tugged on his shirt when everyone got busy clearing the table. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

 

Pulling her to a spot in the backyard away from his family, he then turned to smile at Dara. "What's up?"

 

She looked unsure as she reached inside her jacket. She tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear and shyly handed him a velvet box. "H-happy birthday, Jiyongie." 

 

"For me?" She nodded and he grinned. "Aigoo. Why didn't you just give it to me earlier?" He asked, tugging the ribbon excitedly before unveiling the gift.

 

"Everyone got you something fancy and I...well—"

 

It was a simple yet beautifully crafted braided cord. "Ahjumma..." He stared at her in awe. "Did you make this?"

 

"N-Neh." She nervously bit her lip. It must've taken her a long time to finish it. "It's a—"

 

"Kumihimo bracelet." He smirked at her surprised expression. "A lot of couples wear this in Japan." 

 

She blushed. "I was supposed to give it to you after the concert, but um..."

 

He stood her up. Yes, he did remember. He was a ing mess that night. She didn't know how much he wished he could turn back time and undo what he did. "Mianhe, Darong." 

 

"Aniya," she shook her head. "It's all in the past now." She smiled. How did he ever deserve such a beautiful angel? "I know it's not what you'd normally wear and I would understand—"

 

He grabbed her by the waist and drowned the rest of her words in a long-awaited, passionate kiss. She squirmed beneath him, her hand coming up to grip his shirt. After a few seconds, Dara pried her lips away from his long enough to mutter a panicked, "Ji, your parents..."

 

He smirked. So typical of her. "Let them watch," he mumbled back, trailing small kisses on the side of her jaw, to her cheek until he reached her ear where he continued to nibble on her lobe. He felt her whole body stiffen. "It's my birthday, ahjumma. I get to do what I want." To prove his point, he tilted her chin and kissed her again, coaxing that pretty little mouth of hers to open. When she did, his tongue darted in and he wasted no time tasting her. The iest moan traveled to his ears and Jiyong almost forgot they were in his parents' backyard. , he needed her right now. 

 

"Oh come on!" TOP suddenly shouted from behind him. "Get a room, you guys! Some of us are eating! Blegh!"

 

He groaned when Santokki pushed him away. She looked thoroughly red in the face, her shoulders heaving as she tried catching her breath. Good. That means he's still totally up in his game. Balls secured, mtherfckers. 

 

"We all know you can't wait to have some y time, but how about a slice of cake first?" Dami said with a raised brow and beckoned them to get a plate from the table. 

 

Santokki was about to head back when he grabbed her hand. "Wait." She turned and looked at him curiously. "Can you tie it for me?" He handed her the bracelet. She finally smiled and looped the cord around his wrist before locking it. He studied it in admiration. "Don't get me wrong, I love what you made for me, but do you know what's the best gift I've gotten today?"

 

She crossed her arms and shot him an amused look. "Seungri's limited edition Vans shoes?"

 

He shook his head. Cradling her face between his hands, he softly replied, "You. You're the best gift in the world, my little flower. My tokki. My butterfly." The bright smile she gave made his heart swell. "I love you, Park Sandara-ssi." He kissed her forehead. "Until whenever."

 

"I know." She circled her arms around him. "And I love you, too."

 

"Aaaaaw." They both turned and saw Seungri filming the whole thing with his phone. "Don't worry, hyung. It's not going in the gram."

 

"Kisaekki," muttered Jiyong before he ran and clobbered him. "Ya, you delete that you hear me?!" He pounded the maknae's head with his knuckles. 

 

"Oww!! I was only joking!!" 

 

"Aiiish you babies." Tabi approached them and casually smeared a generous amount of icing on both Jiyong and Seungri's faces.

 

"Aaaargh!! Michosseo?!" 

 

"Incoming!!" 

 

The rest of the boys turned the patio into an impromptu cake fight arena. The OT5 didn't spare the girls who took cover behind the chairs and eventually Dami's hair was successfully peppered with chocolate frosting.

 

"Hajimaaaa!!" Dara squealed as Ji caught her and the icing from her neck. 

 

 

Jiyong was drunk in happiness that night. But had he known what would happen in the future, he wouldn't have wasted that wish.