Good Boy

That Day in Spring

 

 

GD's POV

 

As much as I wanted to relish the moment, I still had to leave for the airport to catch the earliest flight to Hong Kong. Since I had to stay behind and attend Dami noona's launch, the other members already flew ahead of me. Bigbang was the opening act of this year's Mnet Asian Music Awards and quite frankly, I didn't even want to do it. It's not that I'm not grateful for the invitation, I'm just...not. The whole show is ing rigged and everyone knows it. Well, it's not like Bigbang needs a trophy to be recognized anyway. 

 

Hell, we are the ing trophy. 

 

Instead of sleeping through the flight like I normally would, I devoted my time sending a whole bunch of texts to Dara. I started off with something generic like, complimenting her on how extra pretty she looked tonight. Then I asked her if she got home fine. Slyly following it up with a subtle warning not to let Seung Ho in if he attempts to stay and chat. I probably sound like a crazy overprotective boyfriend, but I needed to let her know that that was the direction I'm going for. 

 

I never got any reply.

 

It's rather late so I kinda understood. The little tokki might've fallen asleep already. Putting my phone down, I reclined in my seat and debated with myself if I should watch a movie to pass the time. But as I laid there staring at the monitor, all I could think about was Dara's face. Her scent. Her flawless skin. Her soft lips. The way her body felt against mine. Just recalling the soft moans she was making was enough to form a tent in my pants. Her very existence consumed my thoughts. When the sun came up and I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror, the dark circles under my eyes held no surprise. I know it's only been a few hours, but I want to see her again.

 

As soon as I landed, Daesung hit my phone up and informed me that they were inside his hotel room having breakfast. I told him I'd get some shut eye before heading there. After passing through the usual security check, I quickly donned my mask and a black PMO beanie to cover the entirety of my face before heading toward the exit. Despite the limited view my disguise had to offer, I could still see a crowd forming behind the railings and hear people shouting my name. I plugged my earphones in and kept my head down as I walked. This didn't stop some of the fans from grabbing my shirt and I was so grateful that Dong-Gil was there to block their way. Once I entered the waiting van, I heaved a sigh of relief. This was the reason why I've always preferred traveling in a big group when I go outside the country. Makes me feel safer, less vulnerable. 

 

Flinging my mask to the side, I decided to check up on Dara.

 

J: Good morning, ahjumma! Already landed in Hong Kong :)

 

I took a selfie in the car and sent it to her. I hope she'll text me back soon. I mean, it's already ten in the morning in Seoul so I'm sure she's awake now.

 

"Ji, can you check the set list? They're asking if you want to change anything before the show."

 

I took one last glance at my phone before putting it inside my bag. Grabbing the clipboard from Tae Hee, I immediately went to work. The whole day went by in a flash. As soon as I got settled in my hotel room, I was only given an hour to take a shower and prepare before we headed to the concert stadium for rehearsals. I met with the rest of my members and organized a dry run on the songs we were going to perform while we ate our lunch in between breaks. After which was followed by wardrobe change and make-up that took another three long hours to finish.

 

"Okay, guys! We're about to go live!" The PD announced. "On your positions now!" Taehyun noona did last minute touch ups with my hair (now back to black) before ushering me to the bottom of the stage. Plugging my in-ear monitors, I typed a quick message to Dara.

 

J: about to perform. Wish u were here cheering for me

 

Then I added,

 

J: Bogoshipoyo, ajhumma :((

 

Once done, I tossed it to Tae Hee. Youngbae took his place next to me and went, "See you on the other side, bro." I put my cap on and gave him a thumbs-up. The platform slowly ascended. Alright. It's show time. As soon as I appeared on stage, thick fur jacket and all, I brought the mic to my mouth and shouted, "Yo what's up, Hong Kong? It's me!!" The crowd instantly errupted into wild cheers. I shrugged my shoulders and swaggered my way around as I started rapping. 

 

 

'This is a year-end fishing for pushovers,

Bait. Touts snatching them without a hook

My records, skills is always a lie

I'm so sorry but I love you

I just it, it's a quickie.

It's been a year MAMA

Because you set such big awards,

You hand it out generously so you're children don't fight

I'm grown up now so I get full from even watching,

just feed the younger ones.

August 18 of '88 

you getting wrinkles trying to copy my fate

My age is adding two and seven, it's natural

I'm the player on stage so just be a fangirl 

Show me the money!

I don't even know how much I have.

Gold watch and necklace is cute,

this year passed and the new year is snatching up

I'll share with you

I'll give you some DRAGON money

Here it is, your pocket money!"

 

Youngbae then jumped out from under the floor and we sang 'Good Boy' together. The rest of the gang joined in for ''Bae Bae' and our last number for tonight, the immortal 'Bang Bang Bang.' I seriously wanted to skip the awarding, but we had to stay in to listen to the announcement of winners. VIPs cheered the loudest when we won 'Artist of the Year' and "Song of the Year' consecutively. By unanimous decision, Seungri got to deliver the thank you speech and as expected, he didn't disappoint. The maknae always excelled in hyping the crowd up which is what made him a great asset to the group despite his crazy antics. 

 

As soon as the show ended and we were in the car on the way back to the hotel, I asked Tae Hee to give me my phone back. "Did anyone call?" was my immediate question. He shook his head. "Did anyone text??"

 

"Is monitoring your messages part of my job now?" Tae Hee replied with a chuckle. "Dude, just check it out yourself." He tossed the phone to me and I caught it with one hand. Rushing to type my password, I skimmed over the names on my inbox: Mom, Dami noona, HyunSuk hyung, Chaerin...even Kiko texted me. After swiping up and realizing I received zero texts from Dara, I slumped on my seat with a profound scowl. Why is she doing this to me? Was a simple hi that hard to type?

 

"Trouble in paradise, hyung?"

 

I shoved Seungri's face away from me. "Go annoy someone else. I'm not in the mood."

 

"You've been looking at your phone non-stop before the show. Who are you texting?"

 

"None of your business."

 

"Hmm..." He tilted his head to the side. "If I have to take a guess..." He moved closer and conspiratorially whispered, "...is it Dara noona?"

 

I stared at him in shock. How the hell did he find out? I never told anyone about what happened last night. I doubt Dara did, too. And it's not like anyone saw us kissing. I made sure we were hidden when I chose that spot to confront her. Seungri automatically grinned. "Aigoo, you're so easy to crack, hyung!" He slapped my knee multiple times before leaning back. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. I personally like Dara for you. I think you'd make a great couple. You with all your bad boy swag and her with all her good girl cuteness. She's the only one who tolerates my presence plus she never forgets to ask me about my day especially when I feel extra—"

 

Seungri talked so much that I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I covered his mouth with my hand to shut him up. Muttering in a low voice, I then asked him how he knew. The idiot began spouting his answer even before I could remove my hand. 

 

"—always knew you had a thing for her. Though, you really didn't have to go overboard with the whole missing person's file."

 

"Wait. You saw that?!"

 

"Duh. You weren't exactly subtle. You even printed a copy back in the studio."

 

. I forgot about that. I was desperate and it seemed like a good idea at that time. I grabbed Seungri by the collar. "Ya, not a word about this, you got me?" He nodded and moved his fingers across his mouth like he was zipping it close. I glared at him one last time before letting him go.

 

"What about Kiko though?"

 

I frowned and crossed my arms. "What about her?"

 

"Aren't you guys seeing each other again?"

 

Are we? We were back to being friends and well, that night we spent together didn't exactly count. I was drunk and things just sort of happened. I don't even remember sleeping with her to be honest. Kiko and I had always been dysfunctional. Admittedly, it was how spontaneous she was with everything that attracted me to her. But I guess that all changed when I met the little tokki. I can't even explain it. All I know is that everything feels lighter whenever she's around. She's the only one who's ever treated me like a normal person. The only one who saw me not as G-dragon, but as Kwon Ji Yong. Just plain old Ji. 

 

They say you don't know what you have until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thought you'd lose it.

 

"Kiko and I are over," I told him truthfully. "I don't intend to get back together if that's what you're asking."

 

Seungri nodded. "That's good then. Now you can finally start courting Dara noona."

 

My scowl depeened. "Easier said than done. She hasn't even replied to any of my texts."

 

"Ah jinjjayo?" He scratched his head and looked at me with a puzzled expression. "Didn't you get a call from her before the show?"

 

"Ani." Seungri became uncharacteristically silent. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Did you?" The maknae started stretching his neck and kept glancing out the window. I grabbed his face and forced him to look at me. "Ya, Seungri-ah...did you?" He regarded me sheepishly before slowly nodding. "And the others??"

 

"Um..."

 

"Seungri..." I threatened.

 

"How do I put this..." he struggled in explaining. "I heard TOP hyung talking to her on the phone so I sort of joined in their conversation. She wished me luck. I mean, she did say 'Bigbang Fighting!' so I guess it was meant for the five of us right??"

 

Tabi gets a call while she couldn't even spare me a single text?! The car stopped in front of the hotel and I shoved Seungri to the side as I opened the door. On the adjacent van, TOP hyung glanced up when he saw me approaching. "Oi, Jiyong-ah." Without a word, I immediately patted him down. He stepped back in surprise. "Ya, wae gurae?? What do you think you're doing?"

 

I went straight to the point. "I need your phone."

 

He raised a thick brow. "Why?"

 

"Just hand it to me, hyung." 

 

"And why would I do that?"

 

"I need to talk to Dara," I explained through gritted teeth.

 

He looked at me like I just sprouted another head. "Then just use your phone, dude. How hard could that be?" He sidestepped me and entered the hotel.

 

"She's not answering my texts."

 

"Isn't that why you're calling?"

 

"Yes, but I don't think she's going to answer if she sees it's me."

 

"Wae?" He glanced at me sideways. "Did you piss her off again?"

 

"No."

 

"Did you do something to upset her?"

 

"No..."

 

He pressed our floor's number on the elevator. "Dude, the last thing you want to do is push her away with your manic tendencies. I'm not saying you should give her radio silence, all I'm saying is that if Dara wants to connect with you she will. In due time," he reiterated. "Don't be a whiner, that's gotta be like a major turn-off for girls."

 

"Why did she call you?"

 

TOP hyung sighed. "She didn't call me, okay? My nephew did."

 

My brows furrowed. "Yeonjun-ah?"

 

He nodded. "Apparently Dara used to be his babysitter when my sister got relocated in Gyeosangnam-do for work. She visited them today and was surprised to see my picture in noona's house." The elevator doors opened and we stepped out. Directly outside Tabi's room was a huge window overlooking the city and we both stopped to admire the view. He leaned forward, a small furrow forming between his brows. "You know Ji, people like us...we're slaves to the public. Whatever we do is scrutinized and judged at every turn." He turned to look at me. "Dara is probably the most unpretentious person I've met in my life. And I'd hate for her to get caught in the crossfire if this turns out to be another one of your temporary phases."

 

I scowled. "You know I'm not the bad boy all those stories made me out to be."

 

He nodded and clapped me on the back. "I know. Just keep it real with her. If she can see that you're serious then it'll all work out."  

 

Feeling thoroughly beaten down, I ran a hand through my hair. "Hyung..."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"I...I really like Dara."

 

TOP stared at me for a few seconds before he chuckled. "Ladies and gentlemen, the dragon is whipped!" He suddenly put me in a headlock as he ruffled my hair. "Aigoo kiyowo, Jiyongie!"

 

"Aiiiish, stop that!" 

 

"Hey, what's going on here?" Seungri asked as he stepped out the lift.

 

TOP hyung yelled, "Our leader's in love!!"

 

"Isn't he always?" quipped Youngbae and they all laughed. "Who's the unlucky girl?"

 

"You won't believe it, hyung! It's actually—"

 

"Shut up!!!"

 

"—Dara noona."

 

"Eo, joengmal?!" Daesung turned to me with wide eyes and that's already saying something.

 

"Yaaaah!" I struggled to get free from TOP hyung's hold. I need Seungri to shut the up before he blows everything out of proportion. As usual, the evil maknae ignored my screams. "Yep! And she's totally giving him the cold shoulder right now."

 

"Hajimalago!!" I angrily kicked out.

 

"This won't do. Daesung-ah, hold his other arm." YB instructed and not a minute later, I was physically restrained by each member. "We're going to stay at your room and have a drinking session. You''re gonna tell us everything."

 

"Micheosso?! We're not girls! We don't do that sort of thing!"

 

"Actually we do. We just pretend like we don't."

 

"True," Daesung nodded in agreement.

 

"Ai, shiro!!" I continued to struggle.

 

"Okay guys! Onwards!" 

 

 

****

 

 

Cue in song: WE LIKE 2 PARTY

WE LIKE 2 PARTY YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
WE LIKE 2 PARTY meori wie hae tteul ttaekkaji
WE LIKE 2 PARTY YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
WE LIKE 2 PARTY seojjogeseo hae tteul ttaekkaji