C-XXI

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungkook has been very focus on his classes and chores. He is determinate to work this out even if his heart is into pieces. He has been thinking and re-thinking and re-thinking about this situation and it’s so frustrated to get the realization that there is nothing he can’t do and that low-key Roseanne had a good reason to break things off. But it hurts so bad, he open up so much to her and now everything is breaking into pieces for something he thought it could work out but it can’t, and won’t be possible.

 

Taehyung turned around to face him. “Uh… you want to go and lunch?”

 

He stayed in silence while copying from a book. “Not now”

 

Jimin walked to them. “But it’s lunch time”

 

“I said not now”

 

Taeyung and Jimin made eye contact and the first stood up from his chair. “We’ll bring you something”

 

“Thanks” He responded.

 

With that, both friends went out of the classroom.

 

Sadly for them, they recognized Jungkook’s feelings from afar, and its sad they can’t do anything to help him.

 

It’s something that can be only resolve by the two protagonists or not be resolved at all.

 

He is not concentrating because he wants to, he is forcing his mind to concentrate in something entirely different from his situation, but sometimes, ignoring is not enough, because the mere face of her pops in his mind and he can't continue doing anything at all.

 

Maybe he should accept that military thing and just get out of the house to get away from her as soon as possible, maybe it’s a good idea to leave as soon as possible from her side, maybe that’s the real destiny of him just to get away as soon as possible, ANYTHING but as soon as possible, he can’t go back and feel the pain again and trying to think it’s not there but then feel like he is being hurt again and again.

 

It’s .

 

He took the lunch Jimin and Taehyung bought for him as he did not eat anything at all. He wanted to stay a bit in the library but it was under restyling so it was closed for some days so he decided going to the public library instead, he wants to be anywhere but close or in his house whatsoever.

 

Its like a cloud of darkness is waiting for him there and the only one who can push it away is the one who doesn’t want to do anything for them. Ah! Remember that is painful, remembering the fact he is willing to do anything while she isn’t is so painful and now… that the reality has catch up with him, its even more painful, it’s worst than any bullet on his body.

 

“Son” A female voice sounded. “It’s pass 8 and I need to close the library”

 

He frowned as he checked his clock… in deed it was so late, he has been wasting time thinking in the same exact thing over and over and his notebook still also in the same page he opened up a while ago. Painful feelings usually makes the day go slower, but today it’s completely different, the day has gone by fast for him and the only place where he doesn’t want to be is the only place that he has to forcedly go to.

 

He started to close his books and notebook and save them on his bag pack. “Oh, ok...Thanks”

 

Then he went out of the library towards the prison.

 

The way towards the apartment was pretty long and he kind of liked that, he was glad that was happening, he was wishing to never arrived, wishing that the long road turned longer and the house farer away. But eventually, the silhouette of the building appeared in the distance and he let out a long breathe from his mouth before entering in it. He stayed a great among of minutes in front of the door when suddenly felt someone behind him.

 

It was Roseanne.

 

They made a long eye contact and he lowered his head after.

 

“You went out?” He asked.

 

Roseanne made a short silence before answering. “Yeah, I- I was helping my mom with some paper work”

 

Then Bom appeared behind her as well.

 

“Oh, hey Kookie!”

 

Jungkook smiled. “Hi, you were together..”

 

“Yeah, I have a new assistant” She said giggling.

 

For a brief of second they forgot the turbulence between them as both laughed at that.

 

“You just came back from school?” Roseanne asked this time.

 

Bom proceeded to open the door in front of Jungkook.

 

He nodded. “Yeah, I was doing some… homework”

 

When Bom opened the door and the three entered they found his father seated in the dinning table drinking a glass of wine.

 

“Hello family!” He said.

 

Bom frowned. “Good evening” She answered as she walked towards the hallway.

 

“Where were you?” Junghwa asked.

 

Roseanne closed the door and proceeded to walk to her room when suddenly Junghwa called her over.

 

“No! You stay!” He said and after a big silence, he asked again. “Where did you go?”

 

“I was in the public library” Jungkook answered.

 

Junghwa looked at Roseanne. “And you?”

 

“She was with me” Bom answered, placing her body in front of her daughter. “You have a problem?”

 

“I’m not talking to you sweetie”

 

“You’re not talking to my daughter either”

 

“Ok” He nodded, taking a sip of the wine. “But you’ll stay here too because you know what I am about to say”

 

“Can we talk about this some other time? When you aren’t this turn on by alcohol?” Bom said.

 

“Oh no, don’t get alcohol as an excuse for what I’m about to say” He got close to Jungkook. “I want to know what the is wrong with you”

 

Silence.

 

“Talking to people like that was never something on you, being rude, leaving that way… who are you?”

 

“Why are you asking this now?"

 

"Answer my question"

 

A pause.

 

"I’m the same”

 

“No, you’re not” He said again. “You are not my son” And then looked at Roseanne. “Are you happy? You make him just like you”

 

“Jungh-”

 

“Mom” Roseanne called out, moving her from her front. “I can defend myself” She said and then faced Junghwa, “He isn’t like me”

 

“Well no, good point, because he had a happy life at difference of you”

 

“Dad!” Jungkook yelled.

 

“You know what?” Roseanne started to say. “I don’t even care about you ridiculizing me for my past, because is where it belongs right behind me” She said, taking her sweater off. “It’s funny how you think telling people I’m trash will make you look better in front of others”

 

“Don’t speak to me this way” Junghwa s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter