CV

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Bom was gathering all the documents that were laid on her desk, she had a serious mess and she couldn’t even know where to start first. She had a few contracts to sign, some other reports to check, orders to send, assays to complete; she has been very busy with all the things that were happened with her daughter that she didn’t had the time to put everything together.

 

“Damn it” She whispered under her breath. “I should’ve done some list”

 

She looked at the clock glued to the wall and it was almost lunch time, Junghwa will pick her up in any minute now and she just hasn’t finish… or even started with everything she had to do. She started to think in some kind of strategy so she could accomplish on time but she reacted too late, her secretary already informed her that her boyfriend was coming up the stairs towards her office.

 

The door sounded.

 

Bom exhaled heavy. “Come on in” She said, still organizing her paper work.

 

Junghwa stepped in with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. “Hey”

 

She smiled but with an apologetic look. “Honey… I’m sorry I have a bunch of things to do and I- I don’t know where to start”

 

“Oh” He said. “You can still come with to lunch? I don’t have a pro-”

 

“No, no” Bom moved her index finger right and left. “We’re going to lunch, just give me some time to organize this and we go”

 

“Sure” He answered as he sat on the leather chair in front of her. “Take your time, I’m not hurry… you need help?”

 

“Yes, can you please help me to separate these documents?” Bom pointed at the sea of papers in her desk. “I have contracts, orders and schedules, those,” She pointed at some blue papers. “Are the assays I have to check and also send, so put them all together”

 

Junghwa hesitated. “But… how will I know what are the contracts, the orders and the other thing” He said as he was taking his jacket off.

 

“You can ask me”

 

After some minutes Bom could at least see some part of her wood table, she wasn’t even in the half of it but she could see she was having some progress with all the work; four hands works quicker than two. She should’ve known better, maybe taking her job home at least for now, but she really thought she could accomplish all this on her own.

 

She looked up and saw Junghwa helping her separate the documents she had to sign and the documents she needs to send, exactly like she told him to do, and smiled; what a gift from God she just found, a guy who can literally do anything for her and helping her in anything, plus understanding her in the situation she is in right now with her daughter; she felt thankful, she felt in the clouds; maybe in her other life she saved South Korea, maybe she was the reason the War stopped and that is why God is giving her this amazing man who, even if the lunch time is running and they can possibly lose the reservation, he still wants her to complete her assignments.

 

“Junghwa…” She called.

 

He looked up to her, paper still on his hands, watching her with a confused expression because he still doesn’t know which are the contracts and the orders/schedules.  

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

Silence.

 

They stared at each other for a few comfortable and sweet seconds before a smile formed on his lips; a life together with her is surely running through his mind right now.

 

“That’s my line” He answered her.

 

Her pink cheeks are literally the cutest. “I don’t have a ring with me bu-”

 

“I do” He said.

 

“That’s my line now”

 

“No…” Junghwa said again. “I do have one” and he took his hand towards his pocked to take out a little black box with a silver bow putted in the side.

 

Bom gasped.

 

“I was going to ask you after lunch but… what the hell”

 

“Junghwa…”

 

He stood up and walked to where she was sitting, kneeled right in front of her as he opened the little black box. “Bom…”

 

“Uhum…” She said, biting her lower lip, trying to hide her excitement. “What?”

 

“You’re such a sassy woman, huh?” He said, giggling. “You know what I will say”

 

“I don’t have any idea”

 

After they laughed, Junghwa said the lines. “Will you marry me?”

 

“YES!” She yelled, so strong that maybe all her employees heard her. “You accept me with my daughter and all?”

 

“Only if you accept me with my son and all”

 

“Duh” She said before jumping out of the chair and hugging him tight. “Even with seven kids, I accept you”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The wedding of his father didn’t take him by surprise, he is not uncomfortable or anything, he is more like… scared of how things will turn out in the future considering he still has these bunch of doubts running inside his mind. He shouldn’t be worry so much; it’s not a big deal after all, right? So what if the girl results to be the same kid he met? So what if she will be his sister? So what if he will start to have a life with her? He has so many more problems coming up with life itself so why bothering on something so trivial and out of importance.

 

Something bigger is coming and he needs to focus and that, in what is more important, in what really matters.

 

It didn’t take too long to organized it, it was actually very fast and simple, Bom was the kind of woman who really enjoyed big and fancy weddings but life has taught her there was way more important things than just that and every time she saw Junghwa’s face, she really confirmed it.

 

They decided to go for a simple yet cute ceremony, they rented a house outside the country with a big backyard, a few tables decorated with white tablecloth and little gold roses with a huge bouquet of white and red flowers in the center; led mini lights around the upper part, looking like a ceiling full of stars; a table with snacks such as cookies, vegetables sauce, cold cheese, jam, little pieces of meat, chicken and pork, with pieces of hard bread and some sweets like white and dark chocolate balls, muffins and cupcakes and the three floor chocolate placed in the middle; drinks such as beer, wine and champagne; a few waiters to attend the tables and of course, lots of water.

 

The altar had a lot of lights and roses, just like Bom liked; a white carpet from where she was going to come out towards the place where Junghwa was going to wait for her full of petals.

 

Everything looked white and immaculate, so pretty and simple but elegant and classy; they didn’t spend too much but they were happy with the results.

 

Jungkook was being combed by a stylist in the room where also his dad was getting ready. He was checking his cell phone watching random photos and just checking out his Instagram page, he was also texting with Jimin, Taehyung and some other friends who were supposed to arrive later that day; he hasn’t thought on anything, he has been considering to just let go things and let life go with its’ course, it’s the healthier not that crazy thing to do.

 

“Is he ready?” Junghwa asked, peeking his head in the frame of his door. “Like ready, ready?”

 

The stylist nodded. “Yes he is” She answered. “What do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter