CII

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

His mother got married and he had to assist in order to keep the life of a normal, happy kid who didn’t felt anything else but joy towards his mother’s new life. He was happy, don’t think wrong of him, he was actually very joyful for his mother happiness but also bitter for who she married with; he doesn’t know but he feels he doesn’t respect her enough, at the end of the day he had to learn how to live with such insecurity because his mother won’t just leave the man because he is feeling something is wrong with the guy she picked.

 

He is already 15 years old and he knows he has to take this like a man.

 

He kept going to his mother’s house in vacation and holydays, every single time a trimester ended, he used to take a plane and just arrived to his mother and now step-father’s house to make his visit, but if he has to be honest, he doesn’t want to step inside that house anymore; his father was the one who pushed him to do it because he wants him to have a relationship with his mother, he wants them to be something more than just blood-relate.

 

But her husband was making it impossible; sudden fights rise every time he went to visit, it’s like he didn’t want him there.

 

“But is my son!”

 

“So, what? He has a father, leave him with his father”

 

One more time he found himself closed in his bedroom hearing how yet again his mother was sharing screams with another guy, this time wasn’t her father but why he is now even more worry than before? Why somehow he feels he needs to defend her and to protect her from what is coming? He used to sit at the edge of the bed just waiting for them to stop and eventually they did stop but nothing could stop the fight the next day.

 

“Mom” He said suddenly, a serious tone in his voice. “If you want, I can tell dad to buy me the flying ticket back to Seoul, I don’t have a problem in leaving earlier”

 

His mother didn’t respond at his request.

 

So he went on. “It’s clear he doesn’t want me here”

 

“Jungkook” His mother suddenly said. “You are my son and this is my house and you’re staying, ok?”

 

He made a long silence before speaking. “I don’t want to cause any more problems”

 

“You aren’t”

 

“Mom, I am”

 

Miss. Jung now Mrs. Lee looked at him.

 

“And I don’t want to do it anymore”

 

“Enough” She said. “You’re staying, period”

 

But that wasn’t the thing Yunghi though that night.

 

“I’m tired of his presence here!”

 

Jungkook heard and started to stand up to sit at the edge of the bed like he so often do.

 

“He has a father, leave him with his father!” He made a pause. “We have a new better life now, you don’t need the past here! I don’t need your past here!”

 

“But-” She responded, almost crying. “He is my son”

 

“So what?” Yunghi answered. “He is not mine, why do I have to pay for his meals and his clothes?”

 

“Yunghi I have a responsibility with him”

 

“I don’t give a single ” And a glass broke. “Tomorrow he is leaving”

 

“Please don’t!” She begged. “He is my everything”

 

“Well, we’re going to have another son and you’ll forget about him”

 

“How can you say that?”

 

“This is my house and these are my rules!!”

 

“This not your house!”

 

“It is” He yelled back. “And you’re my woman so you do as I say without any doubts, are we clear?!!”

 

“Oh my God, please Yunghi stop”

 

“Shut up!!”

 

“Ah!”

 

Jungkook couldn’t resist it any longer when he heard a dry hit sounding outside. Of course, he hit her. He ran outside and grabbed Yunghi by the collar of his shirt and pushed him towards a wall, hitting him in his cheek in the process.

 

“What are you doing?!” He yelled at his step-father. “Don’t touch her again, you son of a !”

 

Yunghi laughed in the floor. “Who do you think you are little rat?!” He yelled at Jungkook. “Do you want to die?!”

 

“You will die if you touch her again!”

 

“Jungkook no!” His mother yelled from his back and ran to protect Yunghi. “Don’t do this ever again!”

 

“Mom what are you doing?!” He yelled at her. “Look at your face! You’re bleeding because of him!”

 

“Stop it, ok?” She said. “Go to your room”

 

“What?!”

 

“Room?” Yunghi asked in the floor, cleaning the blood coming out of his mouth. “He will go to prison by tomorrow morning” And pushed his mom from his way. “You’ll pay me you little rat!” And left to his room.  

 

His mother stayed in the floor, bleeding through her nose, crying.

 

Jungkook looked at her. “Why did you defend him?”

 

She couldn’t stop crying. “You shouldn’t have done that! He will get mad at me now!”

 

“Mom what the actual ?!” Jungkook yelled again. “Are you blind?! Didn’t you saw what he did to you?!”

 

“It’s not your business Jungkook!” Then everything went silence. “I think he is right, you need to go”

 

Jungkook was lost of words. Its incredible how suddenly the fault, the blame and the responsibility goes to him just because he wanted to protect her, to punish the violent outburst from his step-father, now he is the one who has to leave and just deal with the guilt or that’s what he thought until, when everything went calm in the house, he heard the sound of a police car parking outside.

 

That was the last time Jungkook went to his mother’s house and even if she asked him to go and spend some time with her, to forget the bad things and just move on because Yunghi has change he didn’t wanted, he didn’t even wanted to answer her phone calls or talk to her at all, he knew all that because his father used to talk to her and he was the one who passed him the information, other than that he didn’t knew by first hand. His father used to talk to him, to try to convince him to go and have some talk with his mother but no, he didn’t want to, he used to ignor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter