C-X

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

They took the train towards Bussan.

 

Luckily for them, the train station was still open when they got out of the club, with Jungkook very normal although a little bit too happy for him to understand why. He needs to be honest, this wild party/ kind of scary place to be made him feel in peace, alive, a little lose then he is used to be. He felt like ropes untightened around his body, stopping the pressure and the tension he sometimes feels; he forgot about everything, including his father, her forgot what sometimes make him stressed and moody, he felt great.

 

Being with the person he feels more comfortable with was the cherry of the cake; she took care of him like if he was her child but at the same time show him so many things he didn’t knew, was too afraid to try or just overthink about. She was like a guide to coming out of his comfort zone that sometimes turns repetitive and boring.

 

He never thought of his life and his obsession for his studies as something bad, but now he is realizing he has to take it easy, have fun is not a crime or a bad thing. Also, he discovered he is a great dancer and also a handsome boy; if it wasn’t because – apparently – Roseanne and her gang makes people a little bit afraid of them, all the girls would be on top of him trying to take him home; and he was thankful for that sudden – fear – the other girls have for Roseanne and her gang, because, no, no, he won’t leave with anyone that name doesn’t start with Ro and ends in Seanne, ok?

Still confused and with a little of interest, Jungkook bought the tickets and both got inside the car. Only a few people were around. It’s crazy this changes on him, he for sure would NEVER do these kinds of things and look at him now, almost 5 A.M on a train towards Bussan (without zombies, ok?) and with his sister, that he for sure doesn’t want her like sister towards a place he doesn’t know, and that he only has to follow. Kind of scary yeah, but he trust Roseanne, and he knows she won’t do anything wrong to him.

 

She is so interesting, like she has all these different kinds of vibes, like different colors, very spontaneous, loves being natural and is a little crazy; he is starting to be even more enchanted, and it’s sad she thinks that all that he does is study, he wishes to be a little more interesting for her, to match her at least a little bit. With this, he also understood they are so different, they don’t look alike at all which causes all their crashes and the fights but that also makes him feel relieve.

 

“What’s that?” He heard her and looked she was pointing at his wrist. “It’s cute, who gave it to you?”

 

Junkookg stared at his wrist. “Taehyung give it to me on my 15th birthday”

 

She nodded. “You guys know each other for long, huh?”

 

He nodded as well. “We’ve been friends since the day I started school here in Seoul” He started to say. “He was the class’ clown and I find his jokes funny, although I never thought he would be so weird sometimes”

 

Roseanne giggled. “And what about Jimin?”

 

Jungkook let his body fell, resting in his back. “Jimin came later, he was transferred and we became friends because he was from Bussan as well” He smiled. “And you know how I recognized him?”

 

“The dialect?”

 

“Exactly” He snapped his fingers in her direction. “But his dialect was so funny. When he arrived Seoul’s dialect was all over my vocabulary so I recognized it quickly”

 

“And what about Jiyong and all those people?”

 

“Jiyongnie hyung was in his final year when I met him” He answered. “He was an underground rapper and we used to listen to him a lot” Jungkook putted his arms crossed on his chest, resting. “One day, Namjoon, Yoongi and he started a rap fight, we spend all day long hearing them rapping to each other because there were such a smart lines, none of us could decide who did it better. So since that day, we are all friends. The girls, well, they are all from school as well” He scratched his neck. “Thinking about it, I don’t have friends outside school. When I was working as a waiter a few months back, all my co-workers invited me to things like, go out and stuff but I was more into something else then that, I guess that’s why I don’t have any”

 

Roseanne shrugged with a smile. “You have Jennie and Jisoo now” And laughed hard after. “Oh no, wait, Lisa would hate them”

 

They both laughed.

 

“Lisa…” he whispered. “Did you know she called Jimin crying to tell him I was dating a girl?”

 

Her eyes widened open. “So, he knows already?”

 

He nodded. “And Taehyung but they know we just played games”

 

“And… the kiss?”

 

He shook his head. “They don’t know anything about it. I find better if that stays with us”

 

“Sure, me too” She then caressed his jacket. “That jacket is pretty”

 

“Thanks” He said, touching the fabric as well. “I bought it myself”

 

“Nice” She smiled at him.

 

“Why did you dye your hair?” Junkook asked.

 

Roseanne grabbed a string. “I decided to come back to my natural hair color, just to feel like a little girl”

 

He grabbed one string of her hair. “It looks cute”

 

“It’s chocolate” She said. “My hair is darker but I just bought the first thing I saw”

 

This conversation is going so well, until know looks like Jungkook is not going to screw things out like h so often do. He isn’t even watching his mouth, the words, the stories and the questions are flowing out naturally and he really hopes things stays like this, because it feels great, it feels natural.

 

Jungkook looked outside the window. “Since when you’re not going to Bussan?”

 

“Uh…” Roseanne hesitated, staying in silence for a while.

 

He was regretting, maybe he shouldn’t have asked that. “If you don’t want to tell, it’s fine” He said, smiling nervously. “I don’t go since I was 15years old, I was visiting my mom and… when I came back, I concentrate in some other things.. So…”

 

“Jungkook…” He heard her. She looks like the upcoming words are struggling to leave ; maybe in her inner self she was fighting with those words so they could never come out, but something won, something made her saying those words, it was the same desire that is bringing Jungkook here with her. “I never left Bussan”

 

What?

 

He frowned. “What?”

 

She swallowed hard. “I- there’s a lot of things you know, because I know you do but… there are others that I really want to tell you” Roseanne looked at her hands, she was looking upset. “But I am so embarrassed…”

 

He putted his hand on her thigh. “Don’t be” He said and then pushed her a little. “Come on, it’s me”

 

Roseanne giggled a little, but she was still looking gloomy.

 

“Let’s sleep for a while until we arrive, what you think?” Jungkook said, trying to light up the mood. “I know we’re both tired of the party”

 

She laughed, drying a tear that escaped without any of them noticing. “You most of all, you dance like an animal”

 

“Who gave me weed and make me do all those crazy things?”

 

“Shhhhh” She said, giggling. “Don’t say that, that is illegal in South Korea”

 

“We can go to jail?”

 

She started to laugh. “Yeahahhahahahaha”

 

Jungkook followed her. “Oh my god… the FBI will be here any minute”

 

They had two hours and forty five minutes to get to Bussan. Their city, which they know like if they were two kids coming back home after they just went for a school touring in the capital and with nothing special to see they decided to come back to what they know best.

 

Roseanne leaned her head on Jungkook’s shoulder and she stayed there, sleeping, peacefully breathing in and out with her cute eyes closed.

 

But Jungkook didn’t.

 

Never left Bussan? But Bom… but she… well, she told him they were going to move, did everything faded away? He is so worry about that sudden sadness that took over her that he is feeling something bad is behind that great confession. Of course he knows that has to deal with her father’s abuses, she keeps those secrets as something she will never let go, but he feels he has to do something with this suffering and this turns of attitude so sudden sometimes. He looked at her sleeping; how something so beautiful can be so broken? Because she for sure is broken and sad. The thing she said to him in the club back there is not normal, she is having some problems in her mind and he can’t stop thinking on how to help, on how cure, on how heal her; he fell sleep on top of her head as he squeezed her hand hard.

 

He will make sure for her to not feel alone at all.

 

When he woke up, he recognized the city of Daegu, so that means there a few minutes to arrive and then sun hasn’t go out just yet. But he did also realize Roseanne was awake, still leaned to his shoulder.

 

“Who of your friends is from Daegu?”

 

“Yoongi”

 

She nodded. “Yeah, he told me that”

 

Jungkook looked down at her. “He did?”

 

“Uhum…” She answered. “He is a nice guy”

 

Don’t feel jealous, it’s just a mere comment, Jungkook, please. “Uh… yeah, he is”

 

Roseanne looked up at him. “But not better than you”

 

Cheeks burning up.  He smiled. “Yeah, right”

 

She then stood up, looking to each side. “They don’t serve breakfast?”

 

Jungkook did the same. “I don’t see anyone around, maybe it’s too early”

 

Roseanne seated. “That means I have to buy my own breakfast?”

 

“Pretty much”

 

“Argh” She complained. “I should’ve thought this through”

 

“Hey!” Jungkook said. “Don’t say that! You already brought me here”

 

She laughed hard. “I know, I know!”

 

Finally, they arrived around 7 A.M. They walked to a vending machine and Jungkook got out a few chips and cold water, he doesn’t think they would be so many hours in this place and Roseanne didn’t complained, so that confirms it.

 

Both silently hoping their parents aren’t breaking the phone calling for them, they walked slowly and in silence around the city. For Jungkook, it’s the first time since the thing happened and he never thought to come back here since that; Roseanne is not the only one which memories are stock in one place. The air feels the same, but everything else changed, he can’t recognized this city; maybe because he tried to forget this place so much, tried to erased from his memory and now i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter