CIV

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungkook was moving his legs anxiously up and down while sitting in the waiting area of the Seoul Police Department. Since he was a prison for a year, he started to not be comfortable around those places due to bad memories and things he doesn’t really want to live again.

 

Why? Because spending 365 days without talking to absolutely nobody while everyone believes you’re a violent son who tried to kill his mother and his stepfather was horrible, adding to all those nights smelling weed and witnessing fights for drugs and debts; also being judged for society after he went out, plus to all the rumors around school about his behavior, plus to the fact that was his own mother who didn’t support him and put him in prison.

 

He felt his dad pressing his hand on top of his knee and looked up to him.

 

“If you want to go son, just go” He said. “I’ll see you in the apartment”

 

Jungkook stared at him, a little bit quiet.

 

“I know you can’t stand being here” Junghwa finished.

 

He swallowed hard and looked around before landing again on his father. “But I don’t want to leave you alone”

 

His father half smiled. “But I know you want to leave” A pause. “This is something about her daughter and I think she will take her time… so go”

 

Jungkook swallowed hard, sharing his eyes between his lap and his father. The people around him are making him feel so uncomfortable, so out of place, he needs to breathe and in this place that is impossible. “Ok, I’ll wait for you outside”

 

He walked outside and sat at the end of the sidewalk in front of the entrance of the police station and beside his motorcycle in case he couldn’t handle it anymore his father will understand; he knows he did nothing wrong but still, it feels like the two years he left behind caught up to him once again.

 

What he is feeling right now is a constant and extreme anxiety, the least thing he thought on his life was to come back to a place like this… and look where he is now.

 

He looked for his cell phone and dialed Taehyung’s number and hoping for Jimin to be with him.

 

For the first time and all these years knowing Taehyung, he feels this beep sound is taking forever.

 

“Sup?” Taehyung answered.

 

He breathed hard again, showing a bit of calm. “Are you busy?”

 

“Nope” He said. “We’re still at the library and I’m being useless, so what’s up?”

 

“I’m in a police station”

 

Silence.

 

“What did you not do and are blame for this time?”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “I did nothing”

 

“Then what are you doing in a police station?”

 

“What?” He heard Jimin’s voice in the background. “What did he not do this time?”

 

“I don’t kno-”

 

“I did nothing!” Jungkook yelled again. “There was a situation with someone close to Bom and we just happened to come here”

 

“Bom? Who is Bom?”

 

“My dad’s girlfriend”

 

“Oh” Taehyung answered. “But is she ok?”

 

“Yeah” Jungkook said, watching inside the building once in a while. “He told me it was something with her daughter… so I-”

 

“DAUGHTER????” Both yelled.

 

“Uh…” He frowned. “Yeah?”

 

“Is she hot?”

 

“How old is she?”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

 

“Are you a big brother now?”

 

“She has to be pretty because you said her mother was pretty, so…”

 

“That doesn’t have to do anything with it”

 

“Of course it does!”

 

“No, it doesn’t!” Jimin said. “What about if the dad is ugly?”

 

“Let’s just pray for her to have her mother’s genes heavier”

 

Jungkook stayed in silence, hearing them bickering in the other line.

 

“If she is pretty, let me have her”

 

“What?! She is not an object for you to have”

 

“Guys….”

 

“But is a subject”

 

“That doesn’t make any sense!”

 

“Guys…”

 

“What? Are you saying I’m ugly?”

 

“I never said that”

 

“So you think I’m cute”

 

“What the Taehyung?”

 

“Guys!”

 

“Yeah?” Both answered.

 

“I was going to tell you the story but you are both little animals” He said, a little turn off. “I’m leaving, dad is coming”

 

“No! Wai-”

 

And he hang up the call.

 

Junghwa got close to him as he scratched his head. “They will come out soon, they will be driven to Bom’s house in a police car; her dad was arrested and he will be here any time soon, they want them to leave before that happens”

 

Jungkook nodded. “And … is she ok?”

 

“Yeah… a little hurt but she’s ok”

 

“What happened?”

 

“What I heard was that…” He started to whisper. “Her dad used to beat her up all the time; and today wasn’t the exception… the thing is that neighbors called the cops when they heard screams coming from the house… so they arrested him and put her under protection until Bom arrived”

 

He was lost of words now; only questions can form on his mind. “And who was the one who called Bom?”

 

“Her sister, she is a Capitan here”

 

“Is she going to take her home?”

 

He nodded. “Yeah, she is the official tutor now while her ex-husband will be arrested”

 

“Junghwa!” The heard Bom’s voice coming from behind. “Come, come”

 

Jungkook and Junghwa walked to where she was standing which was beside a police car with lights on already. They noticed the girl already inside the car when they arrived, her head looking down, like if she was hiding her face with her hair; she was in silence, quiet, not moving, just like a mere statue sitting there.

 

“We’re leaving” Bom said. “I’ll search for my car tomorrow morning”

 

“Oh yeah, it’s ok honey” Junghwa answered. “Are you guys ok?”

 

Bom stared inside the car. “We will… I’m sure she will from now on”

 

Jungkook looked inside the car, trying to get a glimpse of her but he just couldn’t; so while the two grownups were chatting, he slowly walked to the window of the girl that was half opened and kneeled in front of it; he just wants to show support, he wants the girl to stop feel scared, at least for a brief moment, at least for her to know that Bom is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter