C-XXV

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The wedding came faster than what he believed. He prayed to all the Gods if there was one to actually slow the days down so this moment never arrived but it did not happen. It came quicker. He was regretting, feeling he was doing something against his own will; he got to think why he proposed in the first place.

 

There is no doubt he loves and appreciates Jihyun but this feel so out of place.

 

Still, even with Taehyung and Jimin by his side telling him to quit, he never felt it was the right thing to do. He created this somehow, he pushed this to happen, he made this a reality and he can’t go back now. It’s impossible for him to cancel and runaway, make Jihyun’s most miserable day and keep moving on with his life. Maybe he will find a way to love her with the same intensity he did before and maybe this will teach him to value and treasure who is truly by his side and with him, that he will get used to live with her and built a family. Yes. Jihyun is the answer, she will help him to overcome all this, to fulfill what he needs to be fulfilled and heal him like she was doing since he met her.

 

In almost 20 minutes or so the bride will arrive through that door wearing the most expensive and beautiful wedding dress ever made in South Korea, or well, that’s what Jihyun thinks, but who can blame her? This is the happiest day of her life; she will spend all her teen, grown and older years by Jungkook’s side, by the most handsome man of the planet’s side. She is deeply in love and happy she get to be Mrs. Jeon soon and that she will have cute kids with him, both will grow up to understand, take care and love each other because that’s what married couples do.

 

Taehyung was beside him, his bowtie being fixed by Sooyoung who was dressing a long pink dress that showed her body shape just as y as she was. After she finished, she went to sit and he walked towards Jungkook and patted his back.

 

“Dude, the time has come” He said smiling.

 

Jungkook smiled at him. “That’s true” A pause as he side eyed him. “You won’t stop me, right?”

 

“Na, I already did my job and still we are here, there’s no point anymore” He shrugged. “Your mother looks great”

 

Jungkook nodded and stared at the seat his mother was sitting. “Yes, she is”

 

“I’m so glad both of them are here” Taehyung continue. “I guess I thought you’ll keep thinking about the past and stuff”

 

“I’m 25 years old, about to get married. I think grow up and let go are the best things for me” Jungkook stared at Taehyung. “We are still moving forward though; this is a great step for us”

 

“Well, look where you are now. You are a doctor, you have an awesome apartment where you’ll be with your beautiful wife” He shrugged. “The past doesn’t matter anymore”

 

“Yes” Jungkook said. “The past doesn’t matter anymore” He turned around towards his friends. “And you?”

 

“Me what?”

 

Jungkook raised both eyebrows.

 

“Oh come on!” Taehyung said as he started to laugh. “It’s too soon for me to do something, we are just getting started”

 

“He already wants to chain you to a woman?”

 

Jungkook smiled at Jimin. “Just a little”

 

Taehyung turned to him as well. “I’m the only single here, right?” Jimin nodded at him and also Jungkook. “Even if it’s that the case, I won’t rush to anything right now”

 

“We are not rushing you, we are just letting you know that you’re getting old and bawl and somehow will die alone if you don’t make your move soon” Jimin teased.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. “I regret telling you I missed you”

 

 “To be honest though” Jungkook started to say. “I thought I was going to be the last one to get married”

 

“Really?” both his friends asked.

 

“Yeah, you” He looked at Jimin. “Were very found with the marriage thing since the beginning and you” He looked at Taehyung this time. “Never said no to the idea, me on the other hand” He pressed his hands on his chest. “I never quite thought on the idea since my parents got a divorce and turned to hate each other in one point” A pause. “I do remember I wanted to get marry just to feel if the love die so easily like theirs but then that thought run out of my mind and I never really got to the idea I would be in such a place like this”

 

Jimin nodded. “I kind of understand and I agreed, I truly thought you would be the last one too”

 

Taehyung shrugged. “Well, now we know I will be the last one to get married”

 

“Yeah, even if I get a divorce” Jimin giggled. “But that won’t happen”

 

“Are you actually rubbing your love in my face?”

 

“Do you prefer if I rub the we have all the time?”

 

“You’re disgusting”

 

Jungkook laughed. “Taehyung also has with Sooyoung so…”

 

Teehyung pressed his lips together as he made silence while Jimin made a teasing face.

 

Jungkook’s eyes went wide. “You haven’t????!!! Oh my God”

 

“Hey” Taehyung said, rising both hands. “In my defends, I really want to go slow in that department”

 

“I’m not saying anything” Jungkook said. “I’m kind of proud of how sweet you are with her”

 

“That’s for sure” Jimin continue. “That fact shows you want something serious, we are just teasing”

 

“You guys are the worst!” He said as he pointed at both. “If we were in a church I swear Jesus would be crying for your sins!”

 

The two guys laughed hard at that.

 

“Doctor Jeon!” A tiny voice sounded in the distance.

 

Jungkook started to follow the voice as he recognized it. He apologized with Taehyung and Jimin and walked following the voice when he spotted Chaeyoung waving her hands at him. He smiled big at her tiny body but when he spotted her father – the same guy who opened the door for him that day – right behind her, although he tried to keep it, he felt something burning in his insides, what was that er doing here? He felt such a rage and anger but he had to control himself somehow in front of the little girl, it’s not his problem anymore and as he said before, the past is totally in the past.

 

Roseanne has moved on so he will.

 

He kneeled in front of Chaeyoung. “Hi cutie” He smiled. “Thanks for coming”

 

Chaeyoung smiled. “You didn’t invite me though”

 

He laughed. “You didn’t need any invitation”

 

They stayed in silence until Chaeyoung stretched her tiny arms with a little box. “Here, this is my wedding gift”

 

“Oh” Jungkook took it on his hands. “What is this?”

 

“Open it!” She said, hiding her arms behind her back.

 

Jungkook started to unwrap the cute little pink box carefully and when he took the cover off, he saw mini cupcakes of all the colors, with tiny fruits and smelling delicious. “This looks so yummy, thank you!”

 

“I did it myself” Then she made a pause. “Well, mom helped me but…, anyway, they are of different flavors: chocolate, strawberry and mango!”

 

“Really?”

 

“I like mangoes so…” She smiled.

 

“I like mangos too” Jungkook said as he search it for the mini mango cupcake. “Which one is it?”

 

Chaeypung pointed inside the box. “That one!”

 

Jungkook took and tasted it. “Oh my God… this is so good”

 

“Thank you” Chaeyoung answered. “You look handsome Dr. Jeon”

 

“Thank you Chaeng” Jungkook responded. “You look so pretty too” He smiled at her. “In fact, do you have anywhere to go? Will your dad take you somewhere or you can stay a little for the wedding?”

 

Chaeyoung frowned. “Dad?”

 

“Yeah” He made a quick move towards the guy behind her. “Your father”

 

Chaeyoung turned around and smiled at Jungkook. “That’s not my dad” She laughed cute again. “That’s my mommy’s cousin, Sanghyun”

 

Jungkook stayed in silence, the smile suddenly disappears.

 

“I don’t have a dad” Chaeyoung started to say. “My mom said she is my mom and my dad at the same time” She titled her head to a side. “I don’t know how that works, but she has been doing great as both!”

 

Nothing from Jungkook.

 

“Sanghyun is my mother’s cousin” She continued without caring Jungkook’s shocked face. “Her aunt Sandara is spending some time in Busan before going back to the Philippines so he came with her. He drove me here with the excuse of pick up his girlfriend from the airport because if my mom discovers I’m here I’m dead” She giggled while whispering.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter