CXXVI

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Is this some kind of hallucination? Is her mind playing games on her? Is the desire of see him this strong? Or is this desire of going back to where she was happy with him started to hurt her true senses? For the third time on her life she thought she was going to die, feeling life was passing by right in front of her eyes. She is so confuse with his presence here that she was starting to get worry about her mental stability. Why? What? Is this serious? Please someone pinch her! She was sure he was getting married or already married at this point, never in her wild thoughts this situation appeared.

 

What she should do next? Acknowledge his presence like if this was a total normal thing? Should she just pass him by because he is for sure NOT THERE AT ALL? Or she has to accept in front of her family how crazy she is turning? That would be so embarrassing! She is a huge mess right now and she can’t bring herself to overcome that because is impossible to overcome this shocking situation.

 

She scanned him up and down as silence was surrounding them; he was still wearing his wedding suit, but he was missing some bottoms of his shirt, his tie was loosening up, his shoes were a little bit dirty; he was sweating, he had a little bruise on the left side of his face and a string of blood coming out of his mouth, string he cleaned with his thumb as both looked at each other.

 

Everyone was so shock behind him, although the only one who is smiling in Chaeyoung which is yelling at Roseanne all this is the reality. Wake up! This is real! He is really there! There is nothing wrong with your brain! He is there right in front of you!

 

“I couldn’t do it” He said, almost in a whisper. “I hate myself because I couldn’t do it but I can’t hate the reason why I didn’t”

 

She stayed in silence as tears kept falling without her even noticing. Should she ask? He is already there so she should anyway. She wants to hear although she knows what he will say. “What’s the reason?” Roseanne asked.

 

“I love you”

 

Silence.

 

Bom looked around and realized this wasn’t something for everyone to watch. “Can- can we leave them alone?” She said, pushing Sanghyun and Soohe towards the hallway and taking Chaeyoung’s hand to take her with her. She then pushed Jungkook towards the balcony and closed the door and curtains behind him.

 

They both were standing close to each other this time.

 

“Why you told me that?” Jungkook asked. “To push me away?”

 

Roseanne dried a tear from her cheek. “Sooyoung had told me about you and your precious girlfriend and I was childish, I felt jealous. I’m so sorry”

 

That made him smile a little bit under his breathe.

 

“Jungkook… I- I love you” Roseanne said, looking at her hands nervously linked. “I can’t deny it anymore. I have been all this time trying to believe me that lie but I need to be a grown woman, I do love you a lot” She started to cry once again. “I told myself I shouldn’t pursue you anymore because you had such a good life and I didn’t want to ruin it once again…” A pause as she stared at him. “I just cried because I thought you-”

 

Jungkook got close to her and cupped her face. “I know” He started to kiss the places of her face where the tears were falling. “But now pay attention to me” He said. “This is my decision. Mine. I decided this on my own. You don’t need to blame yourself for my decisions, ok?”

 

Roseanne pressed her finger on her broken lip. “What happened?”

 

Jungkook smiled a little. “When I broke up the wedding her father kicked my ”

 

“Really?”

 

“I kind of deserve it” He shrugged. “I shouldn’t have continue with that after I saw you”

 

“I’m sorry” She said, still caressing the inferior lip. “Guess I ru-”

 

“Don’t dare to say that” Jungkook interrupted her. “You didn’t ruin anything; you just made me realize what I truly want”

 

“Are you sure?” Roseanne cried again.

 

“All my life, since you were gone, I was waiting for this” He kissed the tip of her nose.

 

“What does this means?” She asked.

 

Jungkook smiled. “Exactly that” The pain of his lip made him flinch. “Can I kiss you later? I’m really hurt”

 

Roseanne laughed and nodded. “Let’s go inside and I’ll do something about it”

 

With both of their hands intertwined, they got inside the apartment, the family members were gathering in the hall until they heard the sliding door opening on the living room. They walked out, still a bit awkward and confused but willing to figure things out.

 

Chaeyoung ran towards Jungkook and jumped on him, and with all the pain in his body, he still could not let her pass. “Hi you” Jungkook said.

 

“Are you my dad now?” She asked, her arms around her neck.

 

Jungkook shrugged. “I guess?”

 

“No!” Chaeyoung frowned. “Say yes”

 

Roseanne walked towards them and pushed her down. “Baby, Jungkook is a bit in pain, let him alone”

 

As Jungkook let her down, “Why?” she asked.

 

“I got into a bit of troubles” He smiled.

 

The little girl nodded. “You can use my bed!!” She said excitedly. “You need to rest the whole day!”

 

“Yes baby but your room is full of plushies” Roseanne reminded her.

 

“Oh” She said. “I’ll get it clean!” Chaeyoung said before running out towards her room.

 

Jungkook and Roseanne made eye contact as they smile. “I’ll search for the aid kit” She said, walking towards the kitchen.

 

Bom walked beside Jungkook, who is still a bit petrified. “Welcome home, Jungkook”

 

Jungkook turned around and smiled at her. “It was hard to come back”

 

“But you did it anyway” Bom smiled. “My father used to say that ‘you always come back to the places you were happy’”

 

“Then your father was right” He said fixing his eyes again at the corridor the little girl took.

 

Bom narrowed her eyes. “You know it, right?”

 

Jungkook stared at her again with a soft smile on his face. “Know what?”

 

She smile and patted his shoulder slightly. “You are a smart kid”

 

He nodded. “So does she”

 

“It’s done!!!” Chaeyoung said, jumping around in the entrance of the living room. “I got all my plushies like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter