C-XIII

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The day in the school has turned like hell for him, so long, so slow; not only because everything that the students talks are about the final tests but also because he has been followed by all his professors questioning him about his sudden change of scores and lack of responsibility. He could shrugged them all off by saying he will do his best to change that; but still the skepticism and the concern on their eyes are genuine; he felt thankful but at the same so annoying.  

 

Ok… he knows you guys are worry about him and that his sudden change really affected you but please just let him be; he is a teen and teen tents to have those periods of life.

 

When finally the lunch recess arrived, he went out of the classroom and followed Jimin and Taehyung that were joking and talking freely before him; he wasn’t in the mood to even join because all these constants and annoyed questions and threats about calling his father forcing him to beg  them to NOT TO do that.

 

“Why are you so moody today?” Jimin asked him.

 

Jungkook was playing with his food. The rice, chicken and the chopped carrots and lettuce weren’t that delicious for him. “I’m not moody”

 

“You are” Jimin shot back. “What is wrong with you?”

 

“I have been hearing ‘what is wrong with you?’ more times that I would like” He answered.

 

“Oh, this is about all our teachers following you around, asking about your state because they are worried about you?”

 

Jungkook look up at him. “Yeah”

 

“Why? They are just... worried”

 

“I’m fine” Jungkook said again. “I don’t need them behind me asking me questions. I’m ok, everything is fine… I can’t concentrate, that’s just it!”

 

Taehyung frowned. “But you haven’t had those problems before”

 

“Maybe because I was all school, school, school and didn’t stopped for one second to think about primordial stuff”

 

Jimin frowned even harder, throwing the spoon on the metal tray. “Ok! That is it!” He said, gaining the attention of almost everyone in the cafeteria as he stood up, pointing at Jungkook. “You are going to tell us what the is wrong with you! Primordial stuff? Who are you? You aren’t the same Jungkook!”

 

The people around them fell silence; all eyes on their table, literally waiting what was going to happen next. It was a weird sight because they never do this; they never fight nor rise their voice this way.

 

Taehyung shook his arm, as he glanced everywhere. “Jimin, everyone is looking at us” He whispered.

 

He turned around to see everyone watching them. “What? There’s some kind of show? Mind your own business!” And the people turned their faces, Jimin being really scary by the moment. “An you,” He said to Jungkook” Answer”

 

“I-”

 

“And don’t lie!” He interrupts him. “I swear Jeon Jungkook, if you lie-”

 

Jungkook lifted both hands. “Ok, ok, deal” He said. “Sit down, I’ll tell you”

 

Jimin slowly sat down, glancing at Jungkook without even blinking. “I’m listing”

 

Even right now, when he is being questioning, feeling his own chair is burning; he could see Jimin was very hurt, maybe suspecting he is hiding something from them which never occurred before. Oh no… here comes the regret… Jungkook realized how unfair he was being with his friends.

 

It’s sad he has to hide this from them but he is very scared of what they could think about him. He really wants to continue being the cool Jungkook and not the disgusting Jungkook that is having with his step-sister – that is actually not because right deep inside he was feeling something way bigger and deeper than that; he is feeling so judged without even say something… hold on… did he just accept he is feeling something way deeper? He just realized that right now? The chair is not burning anymore, did that realization brought… peace? Did he just admit something he was internally struggling with to not accept in a million of years? Ok… he has to admit things, just being honest… Maybe if he is honest with his feelings and what he is thinking, they can understand… or maybe not?

 

This will prove if Taehyung and Jimin are truly his friends.

 

“I like someone” He started.

 

But Taehyung and Jimin didn’t even flinch.

 

Jungkook bite his lower lip before the next phrase went out his mouth. “That someone is Roseanne”

 

Taehyung and Jimin gasped.

 

“We are together”

 

Their mouths were partially open.

 

“Ok, you know what? Yeah, I am disgusted and I sleep with my step-sister, but I swear… I really do feel something way different than what it looks… I think I’m… I’m starting to fall, you know? Because we go out to parties and we have been spending such a great time together and...” He said, feeling frustrated. “I know it’s wrong and my dad… well our parents can kill us but… ah… I never asked for it, you know? I never asked to have her as sister when all I wanted to do since I met her was… you know... Kissing her, being with her, being more than friends, I definitely didn’t want to be brother and sister and I let all my feelings to go behind her, my heart ran behind her is not my fault” A pause. “I know what you guys told me at the beginning and I swear I did all I could... ok… maybe not everything but I did try my best to be disgust by her and act like brother but it was so difficult” Jungkook frowned watching their expression; he stayed in silence for some seconds, “Are you listen to me?”

 

Silence.

 

What are they doing?

 

Processing?

 

Thinking?

 

Analyzing?

 

Judging?

 

PLEASE SAY SOMETHING.

 

Jiming turned to Taehyung. “Give me my 50$ dollars”

 

“What?!”

 

“I hate you” Taehyung said, giving him the money. “I swear next time, I’ll win”

 

“Excuse me?!”

 

Jimin smiled at him. “I knew it”

 

“I need more than that, ok?!”

 

“Well, we have been talking about your attitude” Jimin started to explain, checking his 50$ dollar bill “So I got the conclusion that all this is happening since Roseanne arrived and, given your history with her and how gorgeous she is, we knew you’d fall” He pointed at Taehyung as he rolled his eyes. “He said you wouldn’t”

 

“I was rooting for the good side of you” Taehyung said, shaking his head, disappointed.

 

Jungkook let his two shoulders fall with a sigh. “Ok but… what do you guys think?”

 

Taehyung shrugged, sharing his eyes with Jimin, who also shrugged. “Its ok man, we know the story behind all that mess and we would never judge you”

 

“The thing is… why you didn’t tell us?” Jimin asked, after drinking his juice.

 

“I was a little bit embarrassed”

 

“How can you be embarrassed when you’re banging that gorgeous piece of art????” Taehyung said, raising his voice a little.

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened open. “Yeah… can you please speak louder? I think the principal didn’t heard you… on the other building”

 

Jimin laughed. “But it’s true”

 

He sighed. “I’m sorry”

 

“Don’t worry dude” Taehyung smiled at him. “But I think you guys should be careful with your parents”

 

“I think that is the difficult part”

 

“And also,” Taehyung pointed. “Try to get better with those scores if you don’t want your father to double kill you”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Silence for a while.

 

“So... uh… Now that we know” Jimin said suddenly. “Take us to where you guys party”

 

Jungkook started to smile. “I’ll talk to her”

 

They laughed together and started to eat, maybe this was also a  reason of why he was so moody, hiding this from his friends is not something he likes but he was forced to by himself; now, being the true told, he feels the weight of his shoulders has left… not entirely… but at least some is gone.

 

“Jungkook”

 

A voice called his name and he turned around; it was his consoler; the one which his teachers made him see if something was wrong in his house or if something was happening with him. They thought that maybe he could get some information out of Jungkook, but until now he has nothing.

 

He handed him what it looked like an assay to him when Jungkook got close; he took and opened it, feeling once again completely defeated.

 

“Since when your scores aren’t even close to 70?”

 

Jungkook swallowed hard. “I’m ok Mr. Lee, I just… I am focusing in some other things”

 

“What kind of things?” He asked again. “Is this about a girl?”

 

“No…” He answered a lie, rapidly. “It’s… uh… it’s a personal thing”

 

Mr. Lee breathed hard. “I’m sorry Jungkook but I think I would have to call your father to discuss this”

 

“But-”

 

“There’s no but, you have been failing tests continuously; something that you never did” The professor started. “I used to watch you in the library until it closed, I used to watching you behind professors asking them things, asking them how to make your assay or work project or tes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter