C-XXIV

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungkook feels everything BUT regret on doing what he did with Chaeyoung, it was a natural movement of his, nothing looked wrong in that moment or even in this moment when he is waiting for them to go through that door. He took a big responsibility but why does he is fascinated with that responsibility? He feels so nervous yet so happy to see her again, because he has a lot of questions and also a lot of stories to tell her, he of course knows all their story, he was part of it, but still both were apart for so many years that it feels like they have a new story to do together. It’s crazy how he doesn’t remember all the bad things, he has been thinking a lot about that; how is it possible that with her there was no moment of sorrow? And even if it was, why does he erased all of it and continue on with all the love and happiness that bring him right after?

 

He hopes she also keeps in mind all of that, he hopes she has also erased those painful memories and moments back there; he hopes she also keeps their happiness onto her heart.

 

Jungkook hasn’t realized but he has been paralyzed right in front of the reception of the hospital all day, looking at an unknown space while all these thoughts are running through his head, he can’t avoid, it’s like a reflex of his, it’s something that is bound to happen; there is no way that he won’t also think that maybe Chaeyoung is someone else’s daughter and that Roseanne might have moved on from that as well, that she forgot the pain and the love they had in those times, that maybe she has another life she is happy with, that maybe this is all a painful – again – encounter that they didn’t deserved.

 

“Dr. Jeon!!” He suddenly heard a little voice coming from inside. “Hi!!!” It was Chaeyoung running towards him.

 

“Hey you!!” He kneeled in front of her to hug her. “How are you?”

 

“I’m so happy to be here!” She responded. “Look” She separated from him to show her coat. “I put on my coat!”

 

“Oh, where did you bought that coat? It’s so cool!” Jungkook responded, checking it out.

 

“My mom gave it to me in my birthday!” She said, turning around, like modeling. “I told her I wanted to wear it today because it’s a special day”

 

Jungkook smiled at her and in a moment he looked up behind her to see Roseanne walking slowly towards them. “Yeah, it is” He whispered.

 

“Hi” Roseanne said as she bowed. “Thank you for this, she is really excited”

 

Chaeyoung shared her eyes between both of them as Jungkook stood up.

 

“There is no problem” Jungkook responded. “She wanted to be here more than her 22 class-mates”

 

“That’s true!” She nodded excitedly.

 

Roseanne looked down at her. “Yeah but that doesn’t mean you should have left your teacher like you did”

 

“I was sick!” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

Jungkook nodded. “Oh yeah, about that, how you are feeling?”

 

“Great!!”

 

“Did she really got better?” Jungkook looked at Roseanne.

 

Roseanne looked up at him. “Yeah” She nodded. “Looks like she ate too much chocolate in the hotel” A pause as she looked down at her daughter again. “I had to pay an extra service for chocolates”

 

Jungkook pressed his lips together to not laugh in front of them but it actually kind of funny.

 

“Don’t laugh” Roseanne said.

 

Jungkook nodded at her as he bite his lips.

 

“Where are we going to begin?” Chaeyoung suddenly asked.

 

“Oh, I-”

 

“Dr. Jeon Jungkook please be present in the operation room, thank you”

 

Jungkook smiled at her as he kneeled again. “Do you want to go with me to the operation room?”

 

Chaeyoung gasped. “Is it ok?”

 

“Isn’t too dangerous?” Roseanne asked.

 

“No if we get the right supplies for protection” Jungkook said. “Looks like my patient arrived for the surgery befo-”

 

“Oh… do you want us to leave? We can leave, you know?”

 

“I don’t want you to leave” Jungkook responded. “I’ll do my surgery and I don’t have a problem to have her with me”

 

“But Jungkook-”

 

“Please trust me”

 

Silence.

 

Chaeyoung kept on glancing at both. “Yeah mommy, trust him!”

 

How can she fight against someone that basically looks like God for her daughter? It’s getting in her nerves that somehow Jungkook has more power than her in controlling her child but at the same time, it’s so relieve to see her so happy and enthusiastic for something she wants for her future; despite of all the things she live and suffer in her future, where she had NO time to actually think about these dreams and hopes, at least her daughter is doing that , for her it feels like even if she didn’t have a good childhood, her daughter is having that, and it’s so important for her to see her so happy, with such a big smile.

 

“You’re coming?” Jungkook asked as she stayed still.

 

“Oh” She hesitated but she won’t let her daughter alone. “Sure” and started to walk.

 

When they arrived to the operation room Chaeyoung ran towards the big window that had a big and extended view of all the room and what was inside it; everything for Chaeyoung looked like Heaven, you may think a girl can be super scared of all the things she could see, overall blood and a man asleep on a huge table with knives and weird tools all around; but no, she is like this, is her own amusement park, how many times a child have this chance? Almost never.

 

“Mom! Mom!” She ran towards Roseanne and grabbed her hand to pull her towards the window. “This is so cool!!”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, what is that?” Chaeyoung pointed at the tables.

 

Roseanne made silence for a while. “I don’t know, when Dr. Jeon comes, you ask him”

 

“Do you think I will distract him?”

 

“Well, baby, that was why I wasn’t sure to come here but if he is comfortable with you around, I don‘t think that happens”

 

“So I can ask him anything!!”

 

“Yeah, take advantage you’re the only kid around” She whispered on her ear.

 

“Yes!!”

 

Jungkook was walking towards them as he took off his coat already and changed to his blue inform to proceed with the surgery. It’s interesting but he feels so nervous right now, it’s not his first surgery and not the first time to do something like this, is his job, however, with Roseanne being here, basically witnessing his work, deep inside him, after all these years, he wants to show her that he did grow up well and that all his dreams were come true, he truly wants to make her proud and it’s weird because they don’t owe each other anything.

 

He saw them staring through the window, pointing things and enjoying Chaeyoung’s fascination for everything she was looking at; Jungkook smiled but then again, the thought of her being someone else’s daughter hit his guts, its’ confirming Roseanne is also not his anymore and kind of make him remember that he is also with someone else.

 

He swallowed hard as he smiled faded away and arrived to where they were standing.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“This is Hikari” A nurse walked behind him. “She will take you to wash up so you can come inside”

 

“Are you serious?” Chaeyoung and Roseanne asked at the same time, although with different kinds of feelings.

 

Jungkook nodded. “I am” He then stared at Roseanne. “Don’t worry; this is completely safe, ok? It’ll be fast and with no complications”

 

Roseanne stared at Chaeyoung and then him. “Ok… we are already here, anyway”

 

“YES!!!” Chaeyoung yelled happily before kissing her mother’s cheek and jump out of the chair she was standing. “I am ready for the yellow soap! Can I go mommy? Please??”

 

She made silence for a short moment, until “Yes!!” Roseanne exclaimed happily as well as she let her go.

 

“Yellow soap! Yellow soap!! Yellow soap!!” Chaeyoung sang with Hikari by her side.

 

After a moment of silence.

 

“I need to ask”

 

She knew it.

 

One of the reasons why she didn’t want to stay alone with him was this: the questions. But in other hand, this was all what Jungkook was expecting, a bit of seconds alone because he needs to get all these out of his system before he’s hit by a .

 

Roseanne turned around to see him.

 

“Is she…? Do you…?” but he couldn’t know how to ask. 

 

And Roseanne was just waiting for his question.

 

It’s so difficult for him to ask, his voice can’t make the sound, the words aren’t of his taste, it’s bitter, it taste like dirt, some bad and moist sensation formed on his mouth when he is about to say it. He bite his lower lip, feeling frustrated to actually ask for it.

 

“Does her father know she is here?”

 

“Of course” Roseanne answered in the act.

 

Silence.

 

Its incredible de pain he is feeling but is not supposed to be feeling right now. It was like a bullet passing through his heart and it was hurting even more because he doesn’t die, all his emotions and sensations are burning up so bad. He doesn’t know if it’s sadness or rage or both emerging in one but still , that was hurtful. But why? Why does he feels that way? He also moved on! He will get married soon and will form a family just like she did, so what was he expecting, huh? For her to say no because she has been waiting for him?

 

He started to nod as his eyes travelled down to the floor. “I understand”

 

An awkward silence took place between both; NOW he is regretting to have said what he said and did what he did in order to just see her. He shouldn’t have done this, the pain remind him that he was too stupid to make this decision so reckless without thinking twice or in the consequences this could bring to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter