C-XXII

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was a rainy day in Seoul City, a cold day with no sunshine or warm weather whatsoever, before walking inside the hospital, Jungkook hugged himself inside his coat, breathing against the palms of his hands once in a while. The grand entrance of the hospital opened for him automatically, he bowed to the people around and proceeded to walk the long white hallway, with nurses walking around him or passed him by, the sound of beeping noises and the intercom calling doctors here and there filling his ears.

 

The mere thought of being here is giving him some fear, it’s like this is the first time he is in a hospital. His heart pounding hard against his chest, his respiration is out of control, nervousness is taking over his body.

 

When he arrived at the door, he stayed still in front of it. Thinking if he should open it or not. Honestly he had a lot of feelings fighting for the real control inside his heart, because this is not an easy thing to do and more in the situation he is into, but also he knows he has to be brave enough if he’s already here. There is no way he will turn around and leave this place after he got wet and cold while coming over.

 

When he did,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Surprise!!!!!!”

 

He jumped on his place, scared to death but when his feelings slowed down, he smiled at the people who were on his office.

 

Balloons, decoration, gifts, work mates and a cake placed on his desk.

 

“You guys are so…” He said, a smile all over his face.

 

Taehyung got close to him. “Welcome Dr. Jeon, congratulations on your birthday!”

 

Everyone gathered around to congratulating him.

 

Today is Jungkook’s 25th birthday and all the people in the hospital are celebrating it. He is working as a doctor in General Hospital of Seoul. After he graduated, this was the place where he wanted to work and filled a form for it, he didn’t need to wait a long time as he was recognized as one with the best score out of the University of Seoul and the Hospital University and got accepted for that right away. There is no need to say how happy Jungkook was when the letter arrived to his apartment. He finally accomplished his dream and he cannot be any happier to have people around celebrating another year of life.

 

Taehyung was accepted a year after, because he took his time to go to Daegu to make community medicine around the little clinics and humbles hospital in the town. He won reorganization as well and when he didn’t imagine, a call from the General Hospital that searched for his service arrived, they also told him he had a great reference, from the most resent residence, who was Jungkook.

 

Friendship survived all the weather in these past years.

 

Jimin didn’t pursue the doctor career at the end. He chose what he loved and what he enjoyed the most, the dance. After he graduated from University, he filled a form to go for two years to New York and learn more of contemporary dance and he made to a famous group of theater and dance called Great Arts Dance Academy, an academy that goes around the world making tours and dance presentations based on stories and drama.

 

Jimin was happy but both of his friends were happier for him.

 

It was hard to keep the contact with him after he left but still they could talk through calls and KakaoTalks where they had a group chat to know what they were up to; while Jungkook and Taehyung spend great time together during work and living together, Jimin was out there going back and forth around the world sending them gifts, photo cards and pictures of him and his shows and they couldn’t be more proud for what the three of them accomplished.

 

This day arrived one more time, and he was so nervous to be here because today is also the first day for him as President of the Doctors Association of the General Hospital, at first, he didn’t wanted but soon enough realized he had worked hard for this and he couldn’t say no to it, it was an important milestone in his life and it would be the worst if he let pass.

 

The people stayed with them for a couple of minutes before going back to work, they gave him gifts, eat a bit of cake and congratulated him one more time.

 

After all the people left his office, him and Taehyung stayed alone.

 

“This was your idea?” Jungkook asked Taehyung.

 

“Of course no,” Taehyung said, smiling. “It was Jihyun, she was behind all this” (See what I did there @rourou, don’t sue me)

 

He breathed hard. “She knows I don’t like these things”

 

“Still is a good touch, its sweet”

 

Jungkook smiled a little as he saw the half of cake on his desk. “Yeah it is”

 

“So” Taehyung got close to his desk and supported his body on the edge. “How was Jimin’s presentation?”

 

“Dude,” Jungkook started to say as he took off his jacket and putted his white coat. “It was amazing, Jimin was on point. You definitely should’ve come”

 

“Really? Damn it” Taehyung said, kind of disappointed. “Me too, that night shift was horrible”

 

“Well, he has the last night tomorrow, so we can go again. I don’t have a problem, that was great”

 

“Let’s do it!” He said. “Tomorrow is Joon’s night shift so we are both free to go”

 

“Yeah, I’ll tell Jihyun to buy the tickets”

 

“Make it four, ok?”

 

Jungkook snapped a look at him and grinned. “Uh… four?” He then let his body fall on the back rest of his chair. “Four… who is the four?”

 

“It’s a girl I met in the coffee house”

 

“Oh, the black hair girl, yeah… what’s her name again?”

 

“Sooyoung”

 

“That one”

 

“She is so great! So I want to invited her too, there is no problem with that, right?”

 

“Of course not!” Jungkook said. “Four it is… although can I ask?”

 

“What?”

 

“Well… she lives and works in Busan, right?”

 

Taehyung scratched the back of his head. “Oh, I get it. Yeah, she kind of does… but I don’t know… we are just having fun during the vacat- Oh! I had to speak to you about something”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Now that you are the president and we have to basically speak to you about everything we do…” Taehyung made a pause. “You know Joy is a teacher in Busan and she would like to know what kind of requirements she needs to do to bring some kids to a tour in the hospital”

 

“A tour in the hospital?”

 

“Yeah” He said as he shrugged. “She says that she has a couple of kids who wants to became doctors and their wish is to travel to Seoul and see how the General Hospital looks like”

 

“She told them about the hell this is?”

 

His friend laughed hard. “I did and she slapped my shoulder”

 

Both laughed.

 

“She says those kids’ wants to save lives and cure people, just like we did when we had that age”

 

Jungkook took a deep breathe. “I understand. Tell her to make a letter, a formal letter and send it to the association, besides that, tell her to attach a list of how many children will come, their names and of course, their parents’ au

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter