CXXVII

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It has been two hours since Chaeyoung closed the door to her parents. She was feeling a bit left out. Did all his life was ruined because of her and that is why she didn’t search for her at all? Maybe she is overthinking but if you think about it, her mind hasn’t lived that much for her to understand what is going on and what kind of struggles live goes through. But in the end how can she even think about that? All she is thinking is in herself and how hurt she is.

 

Is this all grown up drama? Something like this will happen if she grows up? Oh no, she for sure won’t do this kind of thing. Its so messed up. She didn’t have a dad just a second ago and now everything is different. She has it. A little bit abrupt but she has someone that loves and will protected her against everything along side her mother. She is having finally a manly figure. Maybe he didn’t want her before but now he wants to make things right and be with her. People can change. People can make completely different decisions after going through things in life.

 

She has these friends that doesn’t have a dad or a manly figure; always wanting one. And she was part of that too. Now she has it. Now she has him. She can’t judge somebody that way without hearing his side. Her mother taught her well. She is better than this. She a better kid than this.

 

What about if she just gives a chance?

 

She stood up towards the door and unlocked it. Finding Jungkook and Roseanne sitting on te floor, waiting for her to open it.  They both started to stand up when suddenly she said.

 

“Just mommy” She whispered.

 

They both look at each other. Jungkook made an expression to Roseanne who also looked at him in sadness. Maybe she knows what is she feeling and now she feels so terrible for creating this. This is just a huge misunderstanding thanks to her and she can’t come up with something to fix it. She never prepared herself for this moment, she thought her and Jungkook were over, past, dead; she never thought he could come back to her life and therefore to Chaeyoung’s life, which she never thought to have in a first place. This came so quickly and so unnoticed. She should have gotten at least a plan b, and should make better decisions. But damn.

 

“Wait here ok?” She said to him as she caressed his hand.

 

Jungkook smiled. “I will”

 

And she got inside.

 

Chaeyoung closed the door behind her as she looked it. Roseanne sat at the edge of the bed and her little daughter followed. They stayed in silence for a few seconds until Roseanne turned to her.

 

“If you have questions, just ask them” She said. “I will always tell you the truth”

 

Without hesitation. “Did I ruin your lives?”

 

Roseanne knows her daughter, if she is going with straightforward hug, she will feel as her mother has petty of her. She is just like her stubborn and just plain rebel. Although she is dying to hug her right away. Roseanne turned to her. “Baby, I will tell you the truth about all this, although you have six years old, and you’re not old enough to understand. I still will tell you because I think it will teach you a great lesson”

 

Chaeyoung looked at her.

 

“But I will try to make it short” She said as she continued. “Jungkook, your dad, and I met in very difficult circumstances. Circumstances that by now no one can’t actually believe but we were involved into. Your grandma and I were alone since a while, working alongside each other like if we were little ants, just focusing in build our own castle. Because you know what? We’re queens and we deserve our own castle. Things were at its best but we could work it out” She stretched her hand to reach for her chick, to caressed gently. “My baby girl, you came as a surprise, never as a mistake. Yes, you came into those circumstances but guess what? At the end we ad our own castle. See? Your arrival made me learn that, it can be moments where things are just too complicated and difficult to come through but at the end, everything, if you work hard for it, if you work hard for that castle, everything will be ok. It’ll be hard, sometimes you will think is impossible but you can through this. And you soon find out that you aren’t not even feeling a little of regret”

 

Silence.

 

“And him?” Chaeyoung said as she looked at the door. “Does he think the same?”

 

Roseanne smiled. “He loves you just as I do”

 

“But why he wasn’t there until now then?”

 

“Baby, sometimes the circumstances ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter