CI

Behind The Blue Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

This was one of those choices that no kid should do. One of those that are basically impossible and that a kid won’t ever be able to make, why? Because there’s no way a kid can pick between his mother and his father. Forced him to such a decision can pushed him to have a very psychological damage, a trauma, a great sadness.

 

That was why he never responded the day her mother asked him. “Who do you want to stay with?”

 

Normally, mothers stay with their son while her father goes to a different way, but this time Jeon Junghwa, Jungkook’s father didn’t want to leave without a fight. He loved his son and wanted to protect him all cost, want him together with him in every single situation, moment or important time of his life.

 

And his mother wanted the same.

 

But all what he could do as a 10 year old boy was lowered his head and never responded to the question. How? He loves them both and his only desire is having them together, as a couple, as two people who love each and will stay with each other until he grows up as a young handsome man. Sadly, that wasn’t possible since a while, when his parents started to have huge fights and problems, when they used to not sleep in the same bed, when they didn’t spoke to each other in the entire weekend while living in the same house, when they didn’t greet lovely as before but most of all for education. Since that day Jungkook understood, he understood what his life was going to be from that time to now.

 

He used to hear their yelling at each other for banal things, mostly her mother who found everything his father did as annoying and wrong; if his dad didn’t put the sugar in the same vessel, if he didn’t turn off the coffee machine, if he didn’t do his laundry, if he didn’t put enough gasoline to the car; stuff that he was a witness his father really did and that his mother was only looking for an excuse to fight. Mr. Jeon, didn’t stayed behind, he was going against his mother’s abuse by answering her that he was doing the things right and that she was only a psychopath that felt uneasy by don’t screaming during two hours.

 

He used to shut his eyes so hard until he fell asleep, begging for both of them to stop, to shut up for once and to come back to the normal family they were before. Sometimes he used to ask for a little brother, something that would ease the anger and the sadness in the house but his parents barely speak to each other, how would they get to have a second child?

 

As a 10 year old, Jungkook felt all the hostility, the hate, the disgust, he felt everything between them and he sometimes thought he could not bear with it any longer.

 

So after he couldn’t utter a word, his parents decided it was better for him and for them to take this to a court; the judge ordered to make an interview to the kid to see his position and his point of view and given that, make a final decision.

 

Dr. Song Ji Hyo sited in front of him with a book in her hands. She smiled cutely at him. “Hi Jungkook”

 

Jungkook looked up at her, hand intertwining in his lap, he half smiled.

 

“How you’re feeling today?”

 

“I’m sad” He said and lowered his eyes.

 

“Why?” She asked.

 

“My mom and dad don’t love each other anymore”

 

The Dr. took a deep breathe. “Well, Jungkook grownups tent to do that and you will understand someday why that happens” She got a little bit close to him. “But they didn’t stopped loving you at all”

 

“I know” He whispered but she could hear him. “I wish everything to go back to normal, though”

 

“Every kid do, but sadly life works that way” She putted her hands on his. “Don’t worry, your mommy and daddy will always be there supporting each other because you united them and you will always united them”

 

Jungkook didn’t say anything else at that, he was playing with his hands. A 10 year old kid, amazingly, understood what she was saying. Yeah, at least they won’t ever stop loving him right? And that was the main fear he had about choosing, he didn’t want any of them to stop loving him in case he chose to be with the other, but now, seeing this from that perspective, maybe they won’t stop loving him because he is part of them, of each of them.

 

“Who do you like most, Jungkook?” The Dr. asked. “Mommy or daddy?”

 

Jungkook looked up at her.

 

“Don’t worry” She smiled at him as she winked. “This will only stay between us”

 

He lowered his head again. Should he say it? But he is feeling wrong. Being the witness of so many fights that his mother has started makes him feel that he will also be a target, a reason to yell at and since he spend a lot of time with his father and he also knew how kind and easy going he is, Jungkook thought that he will understand the most with him.

 

“My mommy” He started to say. “Sometimes is a little bit explosive and I’m scared”

 

“How explosive, Jungkook?” Dr. Song frowned. “Does she hit you?”

 

“No” the kid shook his head rapidly. “Mommy has never touched me but… she gets angry for nothing sometimes”

 

“I understand…” She makes a pause. “And how is daddy?”

 

Jungkook found himself smiling. “He is the best”

 

“So, you like daddy the best?”

 

He started to nod, shy at the same time with his hands still playing with each other.

 

This took the judge by surprise and don’t let me start with his mother; but she kind of understood him and even though she felt her heart being broken, she accepted the terms. She could also feel that he was right in some point; she should fix that in order to become a better person.

 

The total custody of Jungkook was given to his father while his mother could see him and have him during weekends; they even can fix long periods of time if they want but only with the consent of his father.

 

Jungkook ran to where his mother was to hug her tight around her neck.

 

She surrounded him with her arms strong enough to hug him tight as well. “I love you baby”

 

“Really?” He said, crying. “You don’t hate me?”

 

“Oh no” She separate from him and cupped his face. “I would never hate to the most precious thing in my life” She answered him as she dried his tears falling on his chubby cheeks. “I know you’ll be a good boy and we will meet each other all weekends”

 

Jungkook nodded at her and hugged her tight again.

 

His father standing right behind him, giving them all the time his now ex-wife needed; his lawyer patted his shoulders before walking straight up to his car, his family members right behind them as well, waiting for Jungkook and his mother to finish.

 

“Now go” She said. “Go to daddy and don’t forget about me, ok?”

 

“Never” He answered.

 

Miss. Jung kissed her son’s forehead before pushing him slightly towards his father. “Go, go”

 

Jungkook started to walk back but never took his eyes off of her. He smiled and then ran fully to where his father was, crashing against him with a huge hug.

 

“That’s my boy” Mr. Jeon hugged him tight as well. “Did you told mommy you love her?”

 

Jungkook turned around, because he didn’t. “I love you mommy!”

 

Miss. Jung took a time to turn around as she was drying her tears. “Me too baby!” She yelled as she was walking back to her car with her parents.

 

“Very good” Mr. Jeon said. “Are you ready to go, then?”

 

Jungkook nodded and grabbed his hand tight; all his family members receiving him with hugs and love and pure honest desires to have him with them and although he keeps having this pain in his chest because of his mother, he knows for sure he will always love her and always care for her.

 

With days passing by, he and his father used to live in a small apartment in the center of Bussan, because Miss. Jung stayed with the big house in the urbanization outside the city, but they were happy, they were so happy, so enthusiastic, they were full of joy; he was happy with his father.

 

“Jungkook” His father said to him one day. “I have news for you”

 

He lifted his eyes from his cereal towards his father. “Yeah?”

 

“What do you think of us moving to Seoul?”

 

Jungkook stayed in silence, he was really thinking about it. “But then we will leave this place”

 

“Well…” His father made a funny face. “That’s the plan”

 

“What about mommy?”

 

“Well, we can figure things out and you can come to see her in vacations; all vacations if you want and you can also come and visit her in other holidays” He let go of his sandwich and got a little close to Jungkook. “Seoul has way more opportunities and… my job requests me to go to Seoul for a new position”

 

He shrugged. “I don’t know” He answered. “I don’t want to let mom alone”

 

Mr. Jeon smiled. For more that he wants to hate his former wife, the fact Jungkook cares so much for her shows him he will be such a good son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter