Have you ever Lived?

Living

I walked in the halls trying to get to my class like I always did. But that didn't go as planned. I was stopped the by the 'crew'. Jungkook was standing at the front of them holding his jacket over his shoulder like one of those jocks. I rolled my eyes.

"Where is he?" They asked.

"What do you mean? I haven't seen him since last night." I replied as calmly as possible. 

"So you were with him. He wasn't lying." 

I looked at him. He looked distressed but it wasn't any of my business. 

"tell us if you see him." Tae said. 

I nodded and went to turn away and was stopped by Yoongi's hand against the locker blocking me.

"If you start being the reason he doesn't show up... well let's just say there will be hell to pay." 

He moved his arm and walked away with them. I was completely fear stricken. Not showing up? What did they mean by that? No matter I had class to get to and I couldn't let them bother me right now. 

I walked into class and had forgotten that it was the one class I actually had with Namjoon. I was dreading it the second I sat down. I knew that he would just be a nuissance. What else would he do with his life?
He walked in earlier than usual and sat down right next to me. I put in my headphones just so that I could try to ignore him and block him. But of course that never worked. He tapped my shoulder a few times before I gave it up and pulled one of them out.

"Yes?"
"Did the boys come to you?" he asked sincerely.

"Yeah, but they just were wondering where you were." I lied.

He nodded. "You know their bark is worse than their bite. If they threaten you just tell me."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked. 

He smiled "Honestly because I was you about a year ago." 

I looked at him. What?

"Have you ever lived a day in your life Jeanna?"

I wasn't sure how to respond.

"Trust me when you do, you'll be just like me. It's how it goes. The person you hate isn't me. You hate the thought of me. Because I've lived and you haven't. You'll see. One day."

I watched him turn away. What did he mean by that. Of course I've lived. I've lived for 17 years. Maybe there was more to this Namjoon kid than anyone really knew. I wanted to know what it was.