Dream Big

Living

We had a month left and every minute was spent trying to get every thing worked out. Ka and I had a plan no one knew about. No one would know about it for a month and it was honestly killing the both of us. After everthing that had happened with the controversy it was nice to have the media know about our upcoming debut. We were so excited. 

It had finally come. The day that we were all going to remember for the rest of our lives. We were nervous as hell, Ka looked like she was going to throw up if she had the opportunity.

It was soon when they were calling us to get backstage. I was so nervous and I had to hold Ka's hand and I knew we both would walk away with bruises on our hands. I listened to our introduction and that's when I heard our call to get behind the curtain. We stood there together and when it went back we stepped forward and let everybody get a look at us.

That's when the lights went out.

I looked at Ka with a perfect smile and saw one of our stage managers put a thumbs up. We both faced the crowd as the lights began to flash around us. It was creating a colored lightning effect and I could barely breathe.

This was all part of our plan. 

I heard the music start and heard Ka say:

"Sometimes in life you can't just dream."

I turned to her.

"Sometimes you have to Dream Big!" I yelled out.

That's when it started. Our original debut song wasn't good enough. This was our song. Dream Bigger.

Not every movie is a fairy tale

Not every princess is rich

Not every life is perfect

Not everyone can be on pitch

But you can't give up

You can't give in

You gotta show em

You gotta show em

You can dream bigger

You can be stronger

Rise above the rest

Take a little longer

Sing a little louder

Be put to the test

Cuz dreams don't just come true

You have to work

It isn't easy to do

You gotta try a little more

And dream bigger

You gotta dream bigger. 

I had never felt more alive until after that performance. I saw Bang in the crowd. He was smiling, bright. He was proud of us for taking everything to a new height. Being different. Being rebellious. Never would he admit that to our faces. But I always knew that's what he would have said. I was no officially a kpop idol under BigHit entertainment. It felt weird but at the same time it felt right. I was never happier and I loved every minute of every stage performance I would have. Years could go by but never would i forget that night that we sang for the first time on a stage like that. Never would I forget the anticipation. Never would I forget to live.