The wind against my face

Living

He drove to the ocean and I was really excited. As a kid my parent's brought me to the beach all the time. So now that I was back it really felt nostalgic. I hadn't been here in years. 

"This is living?" I asked.

"You'll see." he parked on the edge of the road. 

He opened up my door and I got out. The wind was blowing and I could feel it against my face. It felt so right. The smell of the ocean wrapped around us. He came up behind me as I put my arms up like wings. He grabbed my arm and pointed to a cliff.

"Up there?" i asked.

He nodded and then grabbed my hand as we raced up to the top. It was fun and I was laughing the whole way up. When we got to the top it seemed as if the ocean stretched over the entire world. I couldn't see anything but the blue sky and the ocean reflecting it. 

"I've come here for years. It's where I feel most at peace." He said.

"I can see why." 

I stood on the edge and he came up and grabbed my hand.

"Don't fall ok." He said concerned.

"Ok." i said. 

He pulled me back and I fell into his arms. He wrapped them around me and I fell into them and just stayed there for a minute.

"Jeanna."

"Yes?"

"I think I love you."

I smiled. Did I love him though? I watched the sun begin to set over the ocean. He turned me around and put his hand against my face pulling it closer. Except this time he didn't stop. His lips touched mine and I fell deep into his kiss. It was my first and it couldn't have been more perfect. When he let go I stared boldly into his eyes. 

" I love you too." I answered. 

He smiled and then he picked me up and began to swing me around like a princess. I was dizzy when he sat me down. We sat on the edge of the ledge just watching the sunset.

"This is living?"
"Not yet." he said. "This is only the beggining."

I smiled "So you're not done showing me."

He looked into my eyes. 

"I wil never be done showing you what living is." 

I smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder. What started as something that  I thought I would regret ended up being good for me. I was happy with him. He was different. It taught me not to judge a book by it's cover. But what I didn't realize was the depth that living would take and where it would take us. So for you that means you'll just have to keep reading to find out where it goes.