A lesson in living

Living

We walked in and I saw his face light up.

"I haven't done this in a while."

I smiled "I've never done this."

He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. We walked through the aisles and I pulled at him when I found all my favorite snacks. He grabbed a few of them and we kept walking around the store. I still wasn't sure exactly what his plan was. But whatever it was I knew I was going to love it. I was already so excited for whatever it was that we were going to do. Never once had we had a day off like this. 

We finished grabbing snacks and he went up to the counter to pay. He turned to me when he saw how shocked I was. It wasn't cheap. Then again he was always paying for everything. How rich were his parents?

"What? Did you really expect me not to pay?"
I just laughed. We said thank you to the clerk and walked out.

"OK so now what? That wasn't really much of living."
"Yeah I know I have bigger plans than this."

"Of course you do." 

He took my hand and we walked across the street and a little ways down the road. I thought we were going to keep walking but I was wrong. He stopped me around a tree and turned me around. In front of me was a park with a playground and everything. The one place that I knew I had to have a date at. He smiled at me as he saw my eyes light up.

"How did you know about this?"

"I talked to your mom."

"When?"

"All the time. She's a great person really." 

I rolled my eyes "you talked to my mom? Since when?"
"Well let's see it's been about 3 months since we've started dating. So about 3 months ago."

"Joon!" I smacked him with my arm.

"Ow. Come one it's not that bad. Besides she deserves to know about us."
"She does."

"Now."

He just smiled at me making me stop worrying about it.

"Come on. You know you want to go play on the playground like a little kid."

I smiled. He had me there. It was always something that i wanted to do. Go on a date at a park with a playground. It was childish but adorable at the same time. He set down the snacks on a picnic table as I rushed to the playground. He caught up with me and we chased each other around it and went down slides together. The kids and parent's looked at us like we were crazy but we didn't care.

We went on like that for hours. It was so much fun and I was really enjoying getting to be with him for a difference. At one point he was taking a selca of us when he saw the time. We had been out here for at least 5 hours. He looked at me then kissed me gently. 

"You probably should get home."

I kissed him back. "Not yet."

He smiled and then kissed me again. This time passionately. I had never kissed someone like this and I wasn't sure how to. But he did and it was perfect. When he let go I was breathless. He smiled at me and rested his forehead on mine.

"i've been holding that back for 3 months."

I smiled and kissed him gently. 

"We can go home now."

He picked me up and carried me down the stairs like a princess. When we got home he stood in the doorway.

"You could come in."

"Nah, I should probably get home. Mom might worry about me. Goodnight princess."

"Goodnight Prince Charming."

He kissed me one more time before leaving. I shut the door and leaned against it. This was the best lesson in living that I had ever gotten. I just wish it didn't have to end. My mom walked in and saw me.
"He did it?"

I nodded. He most certainly had done it. And I couldn't have been any more happy than I was in that moment. Tommorow would come soon enough. But for now I was on cloud 9.