7th grade

Living

I met him in the library 5 minutes early. He seemed pleased by this. Besides I had an "open" period. I was so far ahead that the teacher let me do whatever. We went into the tutor room that we were in the day before. 

He looked at me while I grabbed my stuff out of my bag. More like stared as if he was intrigued by me.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head. 

We started in on the lesson. He was getting much better. But still needed some work. He kept moving closer and closer to me. And then he reached up and pulled my glasses off. 

"You really should take these off once in a while. You look cute."

I blushed and reached for them. He pulled them away.

"I'm serious Joon I can't see."

He stopped and looked at me.

"What did you call me?"

"Namjoon." I said unsure of myself.

"It's fine no one calls me Joon anymore. Besides I like hearing it from you."

"Why are you so..."

"Since 7th grade." He said.

"What?"
"I've had a crush on you since the 7th grade. Back then you were absolutely beautiful and I was just a nerd. It seems we changed roles. But I still thought you were beautiful."

I couldn't breathe. I no longer was worried about my glasses. He leaned close to me.

"Namjoon."

"It's ok. If you don't feel the same way it's fine. Really I signed up for tutoring just to be next to you. I really wish I hadn't been a jerk all these years. You probably hate me know don't you?"
I shook my head. 

"I don't really know. Sometimes I hate you but other times I just ignore you."

He smiled and I watched his dimples show. They were adorable. 

"Jeanna. Do you like me?"

I wasn't sure. I mean he was nice enough now but I wasn't sure.

"I think maybe I could but it would take a while."

He smiled and then his hand cupped my face as he pulled me closer. 

"Joon, please."

"Just once. Just so I can at least say I did."

I smiled. I guess I should be grateful to him. Never had anyone wanted to kiss me since I became a total nerd. But I needed to have my grades to get into college. He leaned in and then stopped.

"I have a better idea." He grabbed my hand and threw our bags over his shoulders as he pulled me out of the room. I had no choice but to keep up and follow him. He kept pulling me out.

"Come on it will be fun."