Living

Living

After we walked back out they started performances again and we walked up there. I clenched Ka's hand for moral support. She smiled as we took the stage. They handed us each a microphone and we introduced ourselves.

"I'm Ka and this is Jeanna and we will be performing our song titled Living. We hope you like it."

She plugged in her phone into the aux and started the back track. I took a deep breath.

There's nothing quite like flying

It's all electrifying

The sound of the air

The song in my heart

I don't have a care

But at least it's a start

We start from nothing

Small and insignificant

We get a chance at something

And we don't take it for granted

 Cuz there's nothing like being on that stage

Cuz there's nothing like living

I smile as she sings and the entire song sends a feeling of electricity and soul through me. I feel like I belong here and I hope that the feeling never goes away. When we finish people are standing up for us and it puts me in a permanent great mood. 

We head back to the boys who are smiling ear to ear as fans come up and talk to us. We make them promise not to tell anyone about this until after our debut. And they of course promise. 

We watch more and more performances and I can't help thinking that all these people want a chance at something that we already have. Namjoon told me that living was not being afraid of dying. But for me living was different. 

Living was being up on that stage pouring my heart out.

Living was standing next to my best friend listening to her voice and mine intermingle. 

Living was watching people react to our music.

Living was the stage.

I would never forget that night. No matter how hard I tried to I never could. Ka would always remember that night as the night that we could have been caught. I would always remember it as the night that I knew for once in my life that I was happy. And that would always be the secret of living.