Please no

Living

This isn't happening. This is not happening. 

Two months ago I signed up to be a peer tutor. I figured it would be a great way to help people out and hey who doesn't want that on their college application. Besides I had nothing better to do with my life.

But this... this was absolutely terrifying. 

I would be tutoring him... the biggest playboy jerk there was in the entire school. Kim Namjoon. 

I had known him for years. In fact I knew his entire 'crew'. The 7 of them were known for picking on people and above all being complete nuissances to the entire human race. And now I would be mentoring him.

Why? Of all people why me?
After my last class I grabbed my bag and reluctantly headed down to the library. I would be meeting him there. That is assuming he showed up. I was trying my hardest to find a bright side to all of this but I really couldn't. The boy was known to skip school for no real reason. What if he didn't show up? What would I do? I told myself to calm down and I opened the door.

Not only had he showed up but he was early. I saw him playing on his phone and when he caught my eye he looked irritated. Like this whole tutoring thing was taking time away from him being a complete playboy and running through the town with his buddies.

"Before you say anything... teach... I want you to know that I will not be showing up for Friday sessions ever. So you can already get that idea out of your mind. And also I expect you to be early. I realize you have a busy schedual of not fitting in but I actually have places to be and things to do. Other than that I'm all yours. I have to pass this year."

I sighed. I should have seen this coming. I led him into one of the tutor rooms. He sat down at one end of the table and I sat at the other. 

"So what exactly do you need help with Mr. Kim."

"Please, just call me Namjoon. And English. If you had read my request you would have known."

So he signed himself up. Interesting. But why?
"Alright Namjoon, English. Let's start with the basics."

Two and a half hours later we had finished. He had learned a few basic words and was ready for his quiz on thursday. He still needed work but I felt proud of myself. 

"I'll see you tommorow I suppose."

He nodded. "Yeah sure thing..."
"Jeanna."

"Jeanna." He said and then left.

God he's such a jerk. And I would have to deal with him for as long as it took for him to be good to go.

God why me?