First Step

Fateful Encounter

Y/N POV

”Wake up Y/N ah, we’re here” I felt someone shaking my shoulder gently and calling my name. Trying to not hurt my eyes from the sudden brightness, I open my eyes slowly and was greeted by the sight of Sohye unnie smiling brightly at me. I glance at my surrounding and realise we have reach our company building, COC company. “Come on! Stop being a slowpoke Y/N.” Sohye dragged me off the car, taking my hand into hers and entered the building. Hyuna and Jisoo was already waiting for us at the entrance. Upon gathering, all of us went into the CEO room, wondering what does the CEO, Eric, want from us. 

A few minutes later, the door open and Eric-nim entered the room. I can see the unnies tensed up and started fidgeting in their seats. They are nervous and afraid of what news did our CEO bring but not me. I’m not nervous nor afraid. I am pretty confident of my skills in dancing and singing. I was even crown as the dancing queen back in my school days. With my skills and looks, i am confident I will be able to debut and make it as a successful idol. Eric-nim seems to notice this and turn his attention to me. “Y/N, you don’t appear to be nervous. You are still as stone cold as ever since the first day I accepted you into our agency.” 

I smile and replied “Well, isn’t that what you find attractive in me? Being able to protray deep emotions in my singing and dancing despite being stone cold on the outside?” 

Unnies seems to be shocked and stunned at the way I replied Eric-nim as they glance at me with widen eyes. Not many people dare to speak to the CEO with such tone but I have to admit, I am one of the few within the company that dares to do it. I know that I should respect Eric-nim and speaks in a polite manner but it’s not as if I do not respect him and look down on him. I just tend to be straightforward with my speech and thoughts.

Eric chuckles upon hearing and said: “You are still as straightforward as ever. What you said is true but you do know that you can’t act like this in the entertainment world Y/N. You will have a bad image.”

”I know. I know where I stand and how I should act and behave in the entertainment world. Besides, its not like we are idols yet and- ” Before I could finish my sentence, Eric-nim cut into my words. “You are going to be an idol next week” 

I was going to continue what I was saying but soon after his words sink into my brain. You are going to be an idol.. going to be an idol... 

“WHATTTTT?!?!” All of us screamed and jumped out of our seats. “That’s right. All of you are going to debut as a group.” Eric emphasise once again. 

I look at my unnies and caught them looking at each other and back at me dazed, still couldn’t believe what our CEO just said. “Alright then. Let’s start discussing the plans and proceed shall we?” Eric-nim said and snapped us back into reality from our thoughts.

Hours went pass and we finally finished the discussions on our debut. I still don’t understand why the sudden thoughts of debuting us? It’s not that I am not confident and is now afraid of being on stage, it’s just that there are many senior trainees in the company and they should be the one debuting first. Truthfully speaking, Hyuna, Jisoo, Sohye and I is still lacking in certain areas as compared to others. Being curious, I went to ask Eric-nim about it. 

“Eric-nim, can I speak to you for a moment?” 

“Sure, what’s up Y/N?”

”Why did you decide to debut us out of a sudden when there are many other choices in the company? We are still lacking if you were to compare us with others”

”Ah. That’s because the public wants it.”

”Huh? What do you mean?”

”Remember those dance covers that you all did?”

”Uh-huh, what about it?”

”Well, it blowed up and they are recognising your skills and beauty. Especially the covers on BTS.” 

BTS... I felt myself gulped down one whole lump of saliva down my throat upon hearing that group name. That group is popular. They have achieve countless awards and even won the top social artist award beating famous artists such as Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber. They are soaring up high and I believe with their talents, they are going to achieve even more outstanding awards in the near future. Honestly, I would love BTS. I would be staning them whereever I go and going crazy over them if I get the chance to but no. Not over my dead body. The person I hated the most and inflict countless of wounds to me is in that group. That’s right. Park Jimin. The devil that been haunting me for the past few years. Finally, I am one step closer to getting my payback. I smirked while thinking to myself. Just you wait... Park Jimin...