Who are you? [1]

Fateful Encounter

Y/N POV

You got to doll up and look pretty Y/N so that no one will take you as a joke. Make yourself the queen and let them be the servant. You deserve to be at the top after all those hardships you gone through. Remember how those kids bully you back in the orphanage? Remember every little details? That’s right. You should have learn your lesson. Kind hearted doesnt bring you anywhere in this world. Don’t be stupid Y/N.

Right.. Why does it sounds so right yet so wrong? Those non stop whispers being played in my mind sounded like a sweet piece of serenade. 

I should probably prepare myself, Jongin will be here to fetch me soon. I walk into the bathroom and stare at my reflection in the mirror. Oh.. Look at this ugly woman.. For once can you please put in effort in looking good for godsake? Thats when a sudden thought hits me and I smirk at my reflection.

”Y/N, Im here. Are you ready to go?”

A manly voice can be heard from the outside. Oh my! Its probably Jongin! I quickly change out of these unappealing hospital gown and went out of the bathroom. 

“You’re here Jongin oppa. That’s fast. Yea lets go. Im ready.” 

I probably said that to him in a monotone and he stared at me weirdly. Silence overwhelms for a few second while I walk up to him and smile. No it wasnt a friendly smile. It was more of a “are you surprise” smile. It isnt sweet, it was eery. It took him awhile to register before he force a smile back at me. 

“You seems different Y/N.”

Oh..? Did you only notice that now?

“Oh? Am I? I beg to differ Oppa. Im the same. Anyway, I want to stop by a salon before the fan meet. Its still early.”

”Yea.. you feels different.. Are you sure you’re fine now? Do you need more rest?”

I took my bag and walk towards Jongin in a seductive manner, taking the whole path as my model walkway. As I approaches him, I lean in and whisper to his ears. 

“Yes my dear and dont you dare tell Eric anything. I’ll slaughter you myself. Now i’ll appreciate it if you can pretend nothing happen and kindly drive me to the salon.” 

Jongin flinched and just nod while I move away and grin at him.

“Thanks oppa.”

Journey to the salon was awfully quiet. There were no conversations between us but I like the way it is. Winding down the car window, I place my chin on the edge and close my eyes. Cold breeze brushes against my cheek and I inhale the scent of the surroundings as the car continue on its journey. Flowers.. Bread.. Coffee.. Countless different scents hits my nose and I feel oddly satisfied and at ease. The car eventually came to a stop and I snap my eyes open. 

“We’re here Y/N.” 

”Mmhmm I can see that. You can come fetch me about 2hours later. I’ll be done by then. Thanks.”

Stepping out of the car, I head towards the salon and was greeted by Sunpil as always. 

“Omg Y/N! What brings you here. You didnt call us in advance. Thats rare.”

”Hey unnie, wae? Cant I visit without appointment?”

”Nono thats not what I mean. I mean you always tend to make appointment beforehand.”

”Well.. Are you not going to help me if I dont?”

”Nonono! Ill be glad! Come and take a sit! What do you want for your hair today? As usual?”

Sunpil usher me to one of the chair and started adjusting it to my height. Usual..? Hell no man. It is time for my glory change. Black and straight hair is hell of a boring. 

“No unnie. I want my hair platinum ash and help me make it wavy.”

Sunpil look up and met my gaze through the mirror infront of us. Her expression reads confused and surprised.

”Wait.. are you sure? Ill be glad to do that for you! Omg I have always been convincing you to change your hairstyle but you always turn me down saying simple is better.”

I chuckle slightly and raise my hand to touch my cheek.

“You see... I believe this face of mine need a change. I got bored of looking at this same dead face with dull hair ever since I was born. It is time for a change. Do make me pretty unnie. Ill be in your care.”

”Why would you say that Y/N, you’re prettier than most of the girls out there. You shouldn’t look down on yourself. Trust unnie. I’ll help you reborn your hair!”

I just smile slightly at Sunpil and glance back into my own reflection. Right... if Im that pretty like everyone else says, people would like me and wouldnt be bullying me.. Most of all, the people I love wouldnt leave me. Such lies I hear everyday. 

I was getting bored while waiting for my hair to be done, I decide to find some entertainment for myself. I was scrolling through my phone and came upon Jungkook contact. Hmm.. Should I message Jungkook? Probably not. Oh wait! That reminds me.. I havent reply Jimin message yet. Eventually I started typing a reply to him.

Im fine now. Obviously those things the other day wasnt going to kill me. Compared to what I have to suffer in the past, this is nothing. Cant even be compared. ;) Dont worry. Solhee or Y/N doesnt matter. Are you free tonight? 

And... sent! I hope he reply me fast enough so I wont be bored. To my expectation, Jimin didnt disappoint me on this. True enough, I recieved a reply almost immediately.

Hey! Im sorry about the past.. Ill call you Y/N since this is your official name now so it wouldnt cause any confusion. About tonight... I have dance practice.. So I doubt I will be free. Sorry! I want to spend time with you but I cant.. 

Tsk. Did he just reject me? The hell. This is getting annoying. I know he have practices but still... Whatever. I decided not to reply but Jimin sent me another message seemingly as if he knew I was upset about it.

Y/N.. Im sorry alright. I got an idea, why don’t you come over and look at us practice? Dont worry, I have gotten permission from the others. Besides, I miss seeing you now that you dont appear often on the news or tv. 

Thats better. I would probably kill him if he didnt try to make things better after turning me down.

Sure. See you then. I will probably bring along someone or not. Depends. 

”Y/N, omg! You look so unreal with this hair color! Are you even real?! You look like you came from a manga! So beautiful!”

Sunpil starting getting all excited after styling my hair and scream in excitement. I move my gaze away from my phone to the mirror. Woah.. Who is this girl..? She look like she could kill multiple guys with her looks by itself.. Wait.. is that me right now..? My eyes widen at the girl in the reflection to find her smirking back at me. Time to have some fun girl..

”Thanks unnie! I knew I can always count on you for my hair. You’re the best hairstylist ever.” I went ahead to pay my bill and walk out of the salon with big strides. This is a completely new me. Just as expected, Jongin was already waiting outside in the parking lot and he was looking around seemingly trying to look for someone. I approach Jongin with small and confident footsteps, eventually ended up infront of him.

“Hey Jongin oppa, you’re early.” 

Jongin scan me from head to toe and eyes widen when realization hits him. 

”You’re Y/N?! Omg! You look so different with the new hair. I almost couldnt recognise you!”

I giggle at his comment and decided to ask him how different am I.

”Really? How do I look then?”

”Your aura seems different.. And absolutely beautiful.”

That’s exactly what I want to hear. Whats the point of changing my hair if its the same. Pft.

”Thanks oppa. Shall we go? I cant wait to attend my first schedule after coming back from my break. It will be fun. Definitely fun.”

I smirk and enter the car without waiting for Jongin reply. Within seconds, Jongin got into the car and drove off to the fan meeting venue.  

“Y/N, your members probably will be surprise seeing you there. Not only due to us not telling them you’re attending, but also due to the changes in your appearance. I can totally imagine them with their jaws dropping.”

”Probably. Thats not the only thing they should be surprise about.” I coldly replied.

”What do you mean?” Jongin side eye me by looking into the front rear mirror. 

Is he seriously acting dumb?

”You know exactly what I mean since you experience it firsthand.” I scoffed and cross my arms.

”Oh.. I got it.” 

The rest of the journey ended up being too awkward with neither of us initiating conversations. Soon enough, we arrived at the fan meeting venue, I went in using the back door without catching any attention. The fan meeting had started about 10minutes ago but it doesnt really matter. My appearance was meant to be a surprise anyway. My coordinator pass me my attire and got me to change. With final last touch up on my makeup and hair, Im all good to go. 

I stood right next to the stage, hiding behind the curtains. I can hear my members making speeches and interacting with the fans. 

“Im so happy to be right here spending time together with all of you! Our fans, our kingdoms. Love you all!” Hyuna sending out all the loves using hearts. 

”That’s right. Thank you for supporting us and we promise we will do our best and improve with every comeback. Hwaiting!” Jisoo added on.

”Well.. Even though Y/N is not here together with us, she will always be right here in our hearts. Kingdoms, Lets pray together for her recovery ok??” I heard Sohye mentioned my name and her voice sounded disappointed and sad. Well then.. Its time for my great appearance isnt it? I took hold of the mic the production crew gave and step onto the stage. Here it goes... My first appearance since the rebirth of me.

”Annyeong everybody. Did everyone miss me?” 

I hop onto the stage not forgetting to add on my graceful and confident walk. All eyes turn onto me and I caught several jaws dropping in action. The fans started cheering and roaring for me while my members froze from the surprise. Sohye started sobbing from the shock out of a sudden. I approach her and hug her to calm her down. 

“Nownow, you wouldnt want to look ugly right now do you? My princess.” My tone was firm but teasing at the same time. Thats when my members knew something about me was different.  

“P-princess?? Y-you will never call me that before??” 

Oh you bet I dont. But seeing how cute you are I cant help but to tease you Sohye.. Here comes my inner thoughts again.

”What are you saying? You’re our princess! Now.. if you were to allow me-“ Before I can finish my sentence, I lean in and place a peck onto Sohye cheek. Her eyes widen in shock and she slowly blushes when she realise what just happen. Thats when I heard the crowd cheering “Y/N and SOHYE!” shipping us as a couple. Perfect. My plan is working. The mc interrupted the crowd in order to move on to the fan sign. Throughout the fan sign, I can feel my members glancing at my direction whenever they can. Curious huh? There’s more to come. 

 

 

_____________________________________